The Government is Growing Quite Bold....
Like Tree20Likes
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Government is Growing Quite Bold....

The Government is Growing Quite Bold....

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA1xWTVD...d=upwtqnmyglbc

Seems a bit over the top to falsely imprison (without due process) the ENTIRE populace for the actions of a tiny fraction of a minority that is acting lawlessly.

Why not actually target those who are committing the crimes and causing the unrest?
    RobertSlaughter likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

We have curfew here for the next three days at 7pm. Interesting thing is the original protest was pretty much peaceful. Fervent but peaceful. Then about 8:30 Saturday night it all went sideways. Smashed out windows throughout downtown, set cars and some business on fire, some looting mainly general destruction.

Interesting thing is many of the videos show white 20 something’s smashing out windows and the like. They are trying to paint them as white supremicists, but I have my doubts. One they caught came from Detoilet (yes that is it’s proper name) so drive or was bussed three hours to come and cause havoc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ is on curfew til June 8th.........
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

This is crazy. Everything in Idaho is business as usual.

My wife is working in Arizona and I was supposed to take the kids down there to visit her this week, but I think we're going to have to delay until next week.

I admit my sympathies largely lie with the protestors (not the rioters and looters) and definitely not the police. Police shouldn't be killing unarmed people who are in their custody, nor should they be shooting innocent people caught in no-knock warrants.

Our police state is pretty much out of control, but I worry that this situation will only make it worse.

Side note, I'm re-reading Henry Hazlitt's Economics in One Lesson, and it's interesting to see how many things he saw happening back in the 50s and how they've progressed today. I definitely recommend it for anyone willing to put up with his 1950's diction.
    Last edited by TomAiello; 06-01-2020 at 01:23 PM.
    Sean K. and RobertSlaughter like this.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

Sean, do you have any thoughts on general safety in Arizona right now? Is it pretty much 'stay out of the way and you'll be ok'? I'm trying to evaluate if I want to bring my kids down there right now. We'd be going to a place called Prescott Valley (not even really sure where it is, actually). I'm hesitant to travel more armed than I normally do (regular carry handgun) but I'm wondering if it might be prudent to bring a long gun if I'm driving through places that are seeing rioting.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
    This is crazy. Everything in Idaho is business as usual.

My wife is working in Arizona and I was supposed to take the kids down there to visit her this week, but I think we're going to have to delay until next week.

I admit my sympathies largely lie with the protestors (not the rioters and looter) and definitely not the police. Police shouldn't be killing unarmed people who are in their custody, nor should they be shooting innocent people caught in no-knock warrants.

Our police state is pretty much out of control, but I worry that this situation will only make it worse.

Side note, I'm re-reading Henry Hazlitt's Economics in One Lesson, and it's interesting to see how many things he saw happening back in the 50s and how they've progressed today. I definitely recommend it for anyone willing to put up with his 1950's diction.

We're in agreement there. I side with those peacefully protesting b/c our "just us" system is a MESS with two distinct systems for those who are politically well-connected and officers of the court and the rest of us. Look no further than the Daniel Shaver case where the Mesa PD officer was not found guilty by an authoritarian jury or, more recently, the fact that 3 US Senators had the charges of insider trading dropped amid the whole coronavirus controversy.

The whole issue of 'no-knock' warrants is on shaky ground anyway and should rarely be used in favor of old fashioned police work, IMO.

Agreed that this situation will be seen as a reason to tighten the screws of government surveillance and violation of various BoR amendments.
    bgreed likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    ...our "just us" system is a MESS with two distinct systems for those who are politically well-connected and officers of the court and the rest of us..
    It's not just the justice system. It's pretty much the entire system. Look at the two tier lockdown system. Private business get shut down, losing their livelihood, while at the same time having to continue paying their taxes to support the paid vacations of numerous government employees. Then big businesses with paid lobbyists get gigantic bail outs, again paid for by the average taxpayer (who is out of work and getting nothing).
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

Sean, do you have any thoughts on general safety in Arizona right now? Is it pretty much 'stay out of the way and you'll be ok'? I'm trying to evaluate if I want to bring my kids down there right now. We'd be going to a place called Prescott Valley (not even really sure where it is, actually). I'm hesitant to travel more armed than I normally do (regular carry handgun) but I'm wondering if it might be prudent to bring a long gun if I'm driving through places that are seeing rioting.

Honestly, it *seems* business as usual except after 8pm now; after 8pm...the roads are a ghost town. If you're not near downtown, I'd suspect you'd be fine. 'stay out of the way' would seem to be the order of the day in terms of the police, however, rioters would be a different story. Situational awareness is going to be key, but there are going to be big blindspots if you're out and about and don't realize a crowd of rioters is around the block and headed your way.

Shit...started replying without reading the whole thing....Prescott Valley is ~2-2.5 hours away from Phoenix. GREAT town (Prescott proper is even better)..one of my favorites in the state. Small enough to not be a city but has all the amenities you're used to. Go by J&G Sales if you want a big gun shop to just peruse and stop by Watson Lake for the scenery. Whiskey Row is by the very pretty courthouse and has some good restaurants in that area. The Prescott Brewing Company has a really good Hefe and Achocalypse (dark stout with hints of chocolate and coffee).

I seriously doubt you'll have ANY issues in PV, but I don't know if you're coming through the "valley" which includes several suburbs of Phoenix (Glendale, Avondale, Scottsdale, Gilbert, Chandler, Mesa, Paradise Valley, Tempe, Peoria, Goodyear, Sun City, Awhatukee, etc). Personally, I'd bring a long gun...but that's what I do anytime I do interstate travel (assuming I'm driving).

If you wanna borrow some hardware while you're in town, just ask (assuming you're flying in).
    Last edited by Sean K.; 06-01-2020 at 01:32 PM.

I'm driving but I appreciate the offer. I pretty much drive anywhere we can go in a long day or less (say 16 hours). I try to avoid having to deal with the TSA as much as possible. I have paid for the extra privileges (Global Entry and Pre-Check) and I still end up pulled out for an additional screening interview _every_ time I re-enter the USA.

Thank you!
    Sean K. likes this.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

I'm driving but I appreciate the offer. I pretty much drive anywhere we can go in a long day or less (say 16 hours). I try to avoid having to deal with the TSA as much as possible. I have paid for the extra privileges (Global Entry and Pre-Check) and I still end up pulled out for an additional screening interview _every_ time I re-enter the USA.

Thank you!
    NP.

You and me both....I've only flown once since the Rapi-Scan machines went into effect and I opted out that time. The airline industry can suck it as far as I'm concerned.
    bgreed likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors