Supreme Court Vacancy - Page 2
Like Tree6Likes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supreme Court Vacancy

Quote Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
    That second video is interesting. I find Senator Cruz quite impressive (I registered Republican in 2016 so I could vote for him rather than (now-)President Trump) and he comes off well, and makes a good point, there.

Senator Durbin reallly seems like the grown up in a party of adult sized children to me. I'm not a fan of his party generally (or of his political goals specifically), but they should have more like him.
    Agree on Cruz. Think he'd have been a MUCH better choice than what we got.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by tomaiello View Post
    it's not really questioning. It's grandstanding.

Every senator has indicated how they will vote _before_ listening to the nominee speak.

Given the fact that everyone has already made up their minds, there's no real reason to hold the hearings aside from political theater. It's laughable that the democrats (who've all already decided how they will vote) are complaining that the process is 'rushed'. If you've already decided, why do you need a hearing or any discussion? Just vote and be done with it.
    Exactly.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Col Maddog View Post
    It would be hard to go after a Jew as well since the Dems nominated RBG who was Jewish.
    My father has a Jewish friend who enlightened us. He explained that there are ethnic Jews and religious Jews. Most people assume that ethnic Jews are religious Jews, but most are not. This is why a majority of Jews take political positions that are at odds with Israel and the Torah. RBG was accepted by the left because of her political views and her willingness to use her seat on the supreme court to advance them in spite of the Constitution. However, a practicing religious Jew would be attacked at every opportunity.
    Sean K. likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    My father has a Jewish friend who enlightened us. He explained that there are ethnic Jews and religious Jews. Most people assume that ethnic Jews are religious Jews, but most are not. This is why a majority of Jews take political positions that are at odds with Israel and the Torah. RBG was accepted by the left because of her political views and her willingness to use her seat on the supreme court to advance them in spite of the Constitution. However, a practicing religious Jew would be attacked at every opportunity.
    I'd say that's accurate based on the Jewish folks I know.
    Last edited by Sean K.; 10-16-2020 at 06:12 PM.

Interestingly, under federal law 'jewish' is not an ethnicity at all--only a religion. Under federal law jews (and Mongolians, and Persians, and Syrians) are all grouped as 'Caucasians'.

The categorization game will always be played to the advantage of those in power.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
    Interestingly, under federal law 'jewish' is not an ethnicity at all--only a religion. Under federal law jews (and Mongolians, and Persians, and Syrians) are all grouped as 'Caucasians'.

The categorization game will always be played to the advantage of those in power.
    Odd. So is "Israeli" an ethnicity?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors