Artile: US Incomes Increased More in 2018 Than in the Previous 20 Years Combined
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By TomAiello
  • 1 Post By TomAiello
  • 1 Post By willpgn
  • 1 Post By TomAiello
  • 1 Post By TexasChris
  • 1 Post By TomAiello

Thread: Artile: US Incomes Increased More in 2018 Than in the Previous 20 Years Combined

Artile: US Incomes Increased More in 2018 Than in the Previous 20 Years Combined

https://fee.org/articles/us-househol...ears-combined/

The most interesting parts of the "Trump Economy" was that the bottom fifth of earners were disproportionately the beneficiaries of the increased income (much more so than the top fifth), and that Hispanics benefited substantially more than Caucasians and Asians.

That's an interesting legacy for an administration accused of racism and favoritism to the wealthy.
    Sean K. and willpgn like this.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
    https://fee.org/articles/us-househol...ears-combined/

The most interesting parts of the "Trump Economy" was that the bottom fifth of earners were disproportionately the beneficiaries of the increased income (much more so than the top fifth), and that Hispanics benefited substantially more than Caucasians and Asians.

That's an interesting legacy for an administration accused of racism and favoritism to the wealthy.
    Don't worry...that's all about to be reversed....and decline for all but the very wealthy accelerated.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Concentration of power always favor those who are already powerful. That's the secret sauce in the welfare/warfare state.
    Sean K. likes this.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Company Iíve been with for 22 years and 2018/19 were the best years by far of any of those in terms of raise/bonus. Iím not in the bottom 1/5th, or top 1/5, but I did see a significant difference. COVID is likely driving a no bonus/raise situation for 20...not complaining, glad to have a job! Itís not looking good with the potential of Bidet flushing a lot of whatís left down the toilet in future years!
    Sean K. likes this.

Me too. Glad to have a job....not sure how long that will last with what's likely coming though.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

I'm sure that no government jobs will be lost, though.

You're just a peasant--your job is to pay for the support of the ruling class.
    Sean K. likes this.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
    I'm sure that no government jobs will be lost, though.

You're just a peasant--your job is to pay for the support of the ruling class.
    Whether to this explicit degree or not, I suspect people have been waking up to this and seeking employment accordingly. I honestly don't even want to know how many people are on government payroll at this point....my gut tells me it's a lot, and that regardless of how the migration was incentivized, the end result is the same.

Government support.
    Sean K. likes this.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

As always, the essential (privileged) class (government employees) will become wealthy through their position and prestige, while hardly working at all. The peasant classes will support them--even if the peasants are not allowed to earn money.

The only rational response to such a system is to join the privileged class.
    Sean K. likes this.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

Sponsors