GOA: 80% Lowers & Frames Now "Firearms" - Page 2
Like Tree8Likes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GOA: 80% Lowers & Frames Now "Firearms"

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    Boggles my mind that people still blindly support him.
    I know _a lot_ of people who support him _non-blindly_. They aren't under any illusions about him--they're just evaluating the two possible options and selecting the lesser of two evils.

I personally opt to vote for someone I can really get behind, rather than following a 'lesser of two evils' strategy, but that doesn't mean that people who follow that strategy are blind. They're simply following a different strategy than I am.

For what it's worth, if I was forced to choose between Biden and Trump, I would vote for Trump. Thankfully the USA hasn't reached that point yet (lots of other countries actually have--requiring everyone to vote, and limiting the selections on the ballot to the major party candidates).
    Sean K. likes this.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

IMO, if you fancy yourself a patriot, you should put the country above any one man and his ego–including yourself and yours. This isn't a spectator sport. There are real lives and consequences at stake. The Romans made that mistake once (or multiple times, if you want to split hairs).
    Last edited by fmunk; 12-13-2020 at 03:43 PM.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
    I know _a lot_ of people who support him _non-blindly_. They aren't under any illusions about him--they're just evaluating the two possible options and selecting the lesser of two evils.

I personally opt to vote for someone I can really get behind, rather than following a 'lesser of two evils' strategy, but that doesn't mean that people who follow that strategy are blind. They're simply following a different strategy than I am.

For what it's worth, if I was forced to choose between Biden and Trump, I would vote for Trump. Thankfully the USA hasn't reached that point yet (lots of other countries actually have--requiring everyone to vote, and limiting the selections on the ballot to the major party candidates).
    Couldn't have said it better.

But, to fmunk's point...there are a metric shit ton of Trumpsters that are completely oblivious or turn a blind eye to his short comings....going so far as to say he's "God's chosen candidate" or some such insanity.
    fmunk likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    going so far as to say he's "God's chosen candidate" or some such insanity.
    Exactly. And if you are a believer, you have "Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them." Worshiping false idols and false messiahs—or turning a blind eye—is a sin.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/trump-...ore-2016-vote/
    Last edited by fmunk; 12-13-2020 at 03:42 PM.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    Exactly. And if you are a believer, you have "Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them." Worshiping false idols and false messiahs—or turning a blind eye—is a sin.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/trump-...ore-2016-vote/
    And be a lover of the truth....no matter where it leads.

All that said, none of us is perfect...and we should forgive others if they seek forgiveness and truly repent. It's that last part I have a hard time with Trump over....based on the repetitive nature of his stupidity and vitriol.
    Last edited by Sean K.; 12-13-2020 at 03:57 PM.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

It is fortunate for me then, that I am not a believer and do not consider myself a patriot.

But, as I said, if I was forced to vote for either Biden or Trump, I would have chosen Trump. I agree that there are real lives and consequences at stake. And I think that in general having Trump in the White House would work out better for the country than having Biden in the White House. Just having Gorsuch and Barrett on the Supreme Court would be worth eight years of Trump.

Fmunk, if you PM me your address I'll send you one of these: https://caganershop.com/collections/.../trump-caganer

It seems like something you might find amusing.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors