2 Week ATF Comment Period on Braces Opened....
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Sean K.
  • 1 Post By TomAiello

Thread: 2 Week ATF Comment Period on Braces Opened....

2 Week ATF Comment Period on Braces Opened....

https://www.tacticalshit.com/public-...licate%20%231)

Public Comment NOW OPEN for Stabilizing Brace Rulemaking/Guidance
    Posted on December 18, 2020 by Thomas K
    Share this Shit:
    Facebook
    Facebook Messenger
    Twitter
    Reddit
    Copy Link
    Public comment will be open for 2 weeks from today. Please do not use profanity and also avoid cliche and useless statements like Molon Labe, Come and Take it, I had a boating accident, repeal the nfa or fuck the atf.
    Please Please Please articulate (put in words) your thoughtful objection to this vague rulemaking overreach and gun registration scheme.

IF YOU ARE FROM A STATE THAT DOES NOT ALLOW NFA GUNS. It is imperative that you use this in your public comment since you as a Free AMerican will not be able to enjoy the same rights as your fellow statesmen and would only be offered the choice of destruction or forfeiture of your gun that you paid for and bought in good faith.
    https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...ilizing-braces
    Here is my Comment on the proposed ATF Rulemaking for Stabilizing Braces.
    Upon review of this rulemaking document several critical flaws are immediately detected.
    1. The DOJ offer of Amnesty and Retroactive Tax Avoidance for NFA SBR registration of “Affected Stabilizing Brace Firearms” would not be LEGAL or an OPTION for anyone in the following states which currently have State Laws prohibiting ownership of NFA Firearms specifically SBRs:
    CALIFORNIA (requires a C&R), District of Columbia, Hawaii, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island and possibly Illinois.
    This means that up to almost 83 million Americans could become felons or be forced to destroy or surrender a product they bought legally and in “good faith” prior to this rule. Amnesty should be for All Americans regardless of State.
    2. Although this rulemaking documents outlines 10 key points of determination regarding firearms classifications with a stabilizing brace, the 10 points of determination are left vague and subjective. For example. What may be too heavy to shoot accurately one handed for one person, may work perfectly well and feel light for a stronger person. If weight and length is an issue, there should be thresholds set in the rule, ie; “no longer than” or “weighing over x lbs”. In regards to calibers, they should be documented as to what is acceptable and what is not. This would be very easy to do. As for optics with eye relief requirements, does this include optics that are variable power from 1×3 or 1×4 or 1×6 or 1×8 or 1×10 since at the 1x setting there is NO EYE RELIEF? or would this only be regarding optics with fixed magnification?
    In closing, I think Amnesty is a great offer but it should be for all Americans. I do not mind rules. I am already an NFA gun owner. I do however believe that way more information is required since non criminal American’s freedoms are at stake.

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Not that 70million comments in opposition to this will change ATF's plan......
    Whole Bunches and TexasChris like this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

"Two week comment period" just means you have two weeks until they start changing the law by administrative fiat, preparatory to arresting people.

At least they're giving you a 2 week notice, though. It's very gracious of them, and we should all be thankful for their consideration.
    Sean K. likes this.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
    "Two week comment period" just means you have two weeks until they start changing the law by administrative fiat, preparatory to arresting people.

At least they're giving you a 2 week notice, though. It's very gracious of them, and we should all be thankful for their consideration.
    Yeah. I think it's fruitless to comment. They don't care. They'll do as they please and they like to leave it vague b/c it gives them more leeway when trying to make arrests.

It's the cynic in me that says that this "amnesty" and "fee-less" transfer (which isn't actually mentioned in the document) to make these brace-equipped pistols into NFA SBRs is really just a ploy to get more funding for more agents (and an "army" of door kickers). Think about it. The NFA system currently is overbooked and can't get any Form 1s out in a timely manner. What happens when the estimated 7.5M pistol brace owners need to "get registered"? YEARS of backlogs....and I doubt the courts will go along with prosecutions of people after some set date that ATF gives to get them registered if ATF can't process them all by that date. So...they'll have to request a MAJOR increase in funding (which the Dems already want to do)....and they'll have to have "highly trained" raid teams activated to handle those "rogue" citizens who dare to refuse to register.

Here's MAC's take on writing letters (I disagree, but I guess writing letters is still the most peaceful thing one can still do so there may be an obligation to put that target squarely on your back).

Sponsors