Congressman Phil Hare says, "I don't worry about the Constitution"

Thread: Congressman Phil Hare says, "I don't worry about the Constitution"

Congressman Phil Hare says, "I don't worry about the Constitution"

But of course says the video is out of context and that he'd been asked about the constitutionality of the health care bill "like 20 times" before he said that.

The arrogance displayed here is unbelievable.

Sean
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Re: Congressman Phil Hare says, "I don't worry about the Constitution"

What an arrogant prick.Let's see here 8100 pages at a minute per page is 135 hours,if he were reading for 8 hours per day it would take 8 days.It's certainly not impossible,but that's just skimming anyway.There is no way anyone could read a page of that lawyer lingo bullshit and comprehend what it means in a minute,much less all 2700 pages and remember what it said without making some kind of notes or something.The dumbass can't even figure out which document he was trying to quote from...how this is the kind of person you would want representing you is beyond my comprehension.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.----John Stuart Mill

tk

Re: Congressman Phil Hare says, "I don't worry about the Constitution"

Quote Originally Posted by dont_tread_on_me View Post
    What an arrogant prick.Let's see here 8100 pages at a minute per page is 135 hours,if he were reading for 8 hours per day it would take 8 days.It's certainly not impossible,but that's just skimming anyway.There is no way anyone could read a page of that lawyer lingo bullshit and comprehend what it means in a minute,much less all 2700 pages and remember what it said without making some kind of notes or something.The dumbass can't even figure out which document he was trying to quote from...how this is the kind of person you would want representing you is beyond my comprehension.
    That's how they got the PATRIOT act passed. NO ONE actually read it. And unfortunately, that's actually the norm in Congress: Your congressmen rely on the representations of the the bill's primary sponsor, who is relating the things said by his staff, who talked to the lawyers who actually wrote the bill, who were working from drafts given to them by lobbyists.

It's a great system.

tk
    The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake free people get to make only once." Judge Alex Kozinski, 9th District

Sponsors