Anti-Defamation League: Popular Sites Make The List.....

Thread: Anti-Defamation League: Popular Sites Make The List.....

Anti-Defamation League: Popular Sites Make The List.....

http://www.adl.org/extremism/Anti-Go...ism-Report.pdf

"Violent Voices: Anti-Government Extremism Takes on New Intensity"

This PDF is 21 pages long....but it's worth the read IMO. It has a ton of quotes from a lot of different sites....some you may already be reading. I've only made it to page 14....but I actually know of some of the posters screen names mentioned in the text.

There are a lot of threats and veiled threats in these posts....but there's also a lot of truth as well as a lot of people making statement of facts regarding history. What's odd (or more accurately; "unfair") is that the ADL seems to lump all of it together as threats.

Sean
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Re: Anti-Defamation League: Popular Sites Make The List.....

In the introduction, the ADL appears to urge a national roundup of dissenters:

During the first few months of 2010, anti-government extremism has taken on a new level of intensity in the United States. The arrests of the Hutaree militia in Michigan illustrate this passion, which exists both within and outside the militia movement. Unfortunately, the Hutaree arrests may come to be seen not as the culmination, but rather as a first step in what may need to become a major national law enforcement operation.

“The bill that passed has NOTHING to do with healthcare,” wrote “TXplt” on the Gun and Game Forums on March 22. Rather, “...it is used solely as a vehicle to push an agenda—to destroy what is working in our insurance industries, to increase our government intrusion into citizens’ lives...and to eventually act as a vehicle for our power hungry miscreants to attempt to dictate every aspect of our lives.”
    “If this hellshare is signed tomorrow by our government, I will not pay the taxes, I will not submit to this illegal and unlawful bill. The government of the United States is now a runaway, criminal organization and we the people are not constitutionally required to follow them, we have the constitutional authority to rise up and take our country back.”
    I'm only on page 2, but I have to wonder how these are statements from anti-government extremists who need to be arrested? Aren't these expressions of dissent which enjoy the full protection of the First Amendment?

Maybe someone at the Anti-Defamation League needs to have a look at Johnson V. Texas

Quote Originally Posted by The United States Supreme Court, Johnson v. Texas
    If there is a bedrock principle underlying the First Amendment, it is that government may not prohibit the expression of an idea simply because society finds the idea itself offensive or disagreeable.
    That applies double to the idea of arresting people for daring to express their ideas.

Hmmm....I'm happy to say that I was able to write that quote from Johnson from memory, and when I checked it for accuracy it was correct.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

Nice one Tom... I am just amazed that this forum was not mentioned. It has become a pretty well known forum as far as gun forums go. But then again, I am not aware of any statements like those in the report on this forum.
    "If the provisions of the Constitution be not upheld when they pinch, as well as when they comfort, they may as well be abandoned." - U.S. Supreme Court Justice George Southerland, 1934

WWW.GLOCKFAN.US - Glock Pistol Forum

WWW.ACRFORUM.COM - Remington Bushmaster ACR Rifle Forum

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Wow. Reading the rest of it now. Just scary stuff. They basically admit that they'd consider Thomas Jefferson an anti-government extremist, and call for his arrest. Didn't that happen once, a couple of hundred years ago?
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
    Wow. Reading the rest of it now. Just scary stuff. They basically admit that they'd consider Thomas Jefferson an anti-government extremist, and call for his arrest. Didn't that happen once, a couple of hundred years ago?
    Ya, disturbing is a good word. I'm also surprise this site or the Sipsey Street blog (particularly) wasn't mentioned. Some of what we've discussed has been close to a lot of those discussions.....but we're a pretty small forum by comparison so they probably didn't even know about us.

Sean
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Sean, it seems you had your finger on the pulse with the hutaree arrests, sure was ALOT of suspicion voiced. It's kind of comforting to know there are people even more suspicious than I am, and that anymore, the concerned are certainly a growing population.

On Thomas Jefferson being a radical....FF's as terrorists started quite a few years ago.....

Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

What's the background on that video?
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

A seminar given to police/firefighters on dealing with homeland security and domestic terrorism. It's dated 2001 on the film.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Other representative sentiments regarding violence include:
    • “So how much do you think the price of .223 ammo is gonna spike tomorrow?” Post by “ZombieHunter” on the Gun and Game Forums, March 21, 2010, just after the news that the health care reform bill had been passed.

Ok, how the heck is a question about ammo prices a call to violence?
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

Sponsors