Need Some Ideas (free Pmag)
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Some Ideas (free Pmag)

Need Some Ideas (free Pmag)

I am starting up an local invitation only group with some friends of mine. The idea is that we meet once a quarter at my house and we sit around and discuss various issues and other ideas. It is essentially a think tank where which is comprised of a diverse group of individuals from as divers a background as possible. We all know each other or are a friend of one of the others in the group. We want to discuss all kinds of things from Politics, apologetics, theology, philosophy, society, history, etc.

However, I want to give it a name. I don't want so retarded name. Nothing too outrageous either. I need some ideas from you guys.

I was thinking of calling it "The Cigar Club" but that is no good as we do not smoke cigars or anything.

I will offer a free New Pmag to the one who's idea I use. I will order the Pmag and have it shipped to your address.

Any help from you guys would be great.

"If the provisions of the Constitution be not upheld when they pinch, as well as when they comfort, they may as well be abandoned." - U.S. Supreme Court Justice George Southerland, 1934

WWW.GLOCKFAN.US - Glock Pistol Forum

WWW.ACRFORUM.COM - Remington Bushmaster ACR Rifle Forum

Re: Need Some Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by meckr View Post
    I was thinking of calling it "The Cigar Club" but that is no good as we do not smoke cigars or anything.
    Okay, I'll start.

"The Head Shop"?

"The Brain Storm"?

;D

Head shop is funny. Nice try, but I will have to pass on those. Thanks for playing though. I do appreciate it.

"If the provisions of the Constitution be not upheld when they pinch, as well as when they comfort, they may as well be abandoned." - U.S. Supreme Court Justice George Southerland, 1934

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

The "Sons Of Liberty" !

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.----John Stuart Mill

Re: Need Some Ideas (free Pmag)

"Sons of Liberty" is good but it is not strictly a Conservative group of people. There are some Liberals, one Muslim, a few Republicans, one or two blacks, one Jew, etc. So you can see how the name must be neutral enough to not make it lean one way or another.

It is a place to share ideas, points of view, etc.

The "original" Sons Of Liberty were from all walks of life,races,religions,and nations,what is so different today?

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.----John Stuart Mill

I'll play - just 'cause I want to (GRIN)

How about "THE CONSORTIUM"
    Or
    "Philosophy Amalgamated"

The amalgamated philosophy consortium? HA!

I can sing The Coffee Song - does that mean I can call myself The Chairman of the Board?
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Consortium is on the right path. It is very much a possibility. Let's see what else people come up with.

The Free Consortium or the Consortium of Free Thinking... :2cents:
    'Courage is not the absences of fear, its the taking of action in the presences of fear."

A co-worker of mine has a group like this. The call it the angry man group or AMG. About once a month they barbecue, drink beer and discuss a myriad of topics.
    "Imagine a world in which we are all enlightened by objective truths rather than offended by them" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors