DHS & TSA: making a list, checking it twice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: DHS & TSA: making a list, checking it twice

  1. #1
    XCR Guru Sean K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    21,283

    DHS & TSA: making a list, checking it twice

    Never heard of the site and have my reasons for doubting the legitimacy but here it is:

    http://homelandsecurityus.com/archives/4254


    DHS & TSA: making a list, checking it twice
    Comment on this article at Canada Free Press

    By Douglas J. Hagmann, Director

    23 November 2010: Following the publication of my article titled “Gate Rape of America,” I was contacted by a source within the DHS who is troubled by the terminology and content of an internal memo reportedly issued yesterday at the hand of DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano. Indeed, both the terminology and content contained in the document are troubling. The dissemination of the document itself is restricted by virtue of its classification, which prohibits any manner of public release. While the document cannot be posted or published, the more salient points are revealed here.

    The memo, which actually takes the form of an administrative directive, appears to be the product of undated but recent high level meetings between Napolitano, John Pistole, head of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA),and one or more of Obama’s national security advisors. This document officially addresses those who are opposed to, or engaged in the disruption of the implementation of the enhanced airport screening procedures as “domestic extremists.”

    The introductory paragraph of the multipage document states that it is issued “in response to the growing public backlash against enhanced TSA security screening procedures and the agents conducting the screening process.” Implicit within the same section is that the recently enhanced security screening procedures implemented at U.S. airports, and the measures to be taken in response to the negative public backlash as detailed [in this directive], have the full support of the President. In other words, Obama not only endorses the enhanced security screening, but the measures outlined in this directive to be taken in response to public objections.

    The terminology contained within the reported memo is indeed troubling. It labels any person who “interferes” with TSA airport security screening procedure protocol and operations by actively objecting to the established screening process, “including but not limited to the anticipated national opt-out day” as a “domestic extremist.” The label is then broadened to include “any person, group or alternative media source” that actively objects to, causes others to object to, supports and/or elicits support for anyone who engages in such travel disruptions at U.S. airports in response to the enhanced security procedures.

    For individuals who engaged in such activity at screening points, it instructs TSA operations to obtain the identities of those individuals and other applicable information and submit the same electronically to the Homeland Environment Threat Analysis Division, the Extremism and Radicalization branch of the Office of Intelligence & Analysis (IA) division of the Department of Homeland Security.

    For “any person, group or domestic alternative media source” that actively objects to, causes others to object to, supports and/or elicits support for anyone who engages in such travel “disruptions” at U.S. airports (as defined above) in response to the enhanced security procedures, the [applicable DHS administrative branch] is instructed to identify and collect information about the persons or entities, and submit such information in the manner outlined [within this directive].

    It would appear that the Department of Homeland Security is not only prepared to enforce the enhanced security procedures at airports, but is involved in gathering intelligence about those who don’t. They’re making a list and most certainly will be checking it twice. Meanwhile, legitimate threats to our air travel security (and they DO exist) seem taking a back seat to the larger threat of the multitude of non-criminal American citizens who object to having their Constitutional rights violated.

    As I have written before, it has nothing to do with security and everything to do with control.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

  2. #2
    Marksman paladius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    379

    Re: DHS & TSA: making a list, checking it twice

    I understand the objection to the screening procedures as violation of personal space/privacy. But I think the triggering factor that is now being overlooked by the media is that people do not want to be x-rayed every time they pay hundreds of dollars to get on a plane. That interferes with the right to "life" in the "life, liberty, and happiness" part. When the media plays-up a person who is bashful, the general public almost immediately forgets about the x-rays, making the xray machine walk-through much more desirable than the gate-rape (sorry DHS, please don't put me on list, just trying to make a literary point).

    Assuming we abandon the xray machines due to health consequences, and because of the world we live in, the groping violation part should probably stay, but with common sense used prior to an actual feel-up. Profile. It makes sense. Sorry if the Muslim world is offended that they were singled out, but after all it is those of that religion that are at war with America. If a white guy is seen robbing a bank by a witness the cops don't fill half the line-up with black women. That would be stupid.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator Underground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    6,142

    Re: DHS & TSA: making a list, checking it twice

    Submit. And things will go easier on you. Peon.



    That guy, he said I should be oblong and have my knees removed. But I don't trust him, he plays the banjo.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Expert Soap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Inside your OODA Loop
    Posts
    1,090

    Re: DHS & TSA: making a list, checking it twice

    For those who must fly, there is a third option in addition to open protest and blind submission. Andrew Wilkow is offering through his website a standardized form detailing the Fourth Amendment. At the bottom of the form is a space for the TSA officer to sign, indicating that they have read and understood the form prior to performing the search. The intent is that if these procedures are challenged in court in the future on a Constitutional basis, these forms may then be used by the legal team as evidence.
    See you on the bounce

  6. #5
    XCR Guru Sean K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    21,283

    Re: DHS & TSA: making a list, checking it twice

    Quote Originally Posted by Soap View Post
    For those who must fly, there is a third option in addition to open protest and blind submission. Andrew Wilkow is offering through his website a standardized form detailing the Fourth Amendment. At the bottom of the form is a space for the TSA officer to sign, indicating that they have read and understood the form prior to performing the search. The intent is that if these procedures are challenged in court in the future on a Constitutional basis, these forms may then be used by the legal team as evidence.
    Good idea. But, you'll DEFINITELY end up on this list (if it exists) if you make them sign it. Besides, I doubt they'll sign it anyway.

    Sean
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

  7. #6
    XCR Guru Sean K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    21,283

    Re: DHS & TSA: making a list, checking it twice

    Quote Originally Posted by paladius View Post
    I understand the objection to the screening procedures as violation of personal space/privacy. But I think the triggering factor that is now being overlooked by the media is that people do not want to be x-rayed every time they pay hundreds of dollars to get on a plane. That interferes with the right to "life" in the "life, liberty, and happiness" part. When the media plays-up a person who is bashful, the general public almost immediately forgets about the x-rays, making the xray machine walk-through much more desirable than the gate-rape (sorry DHS, please don't put me on list, just trying to make a literary point).

    Assuming we abandon the xray machines due to health consequences, and because of the world we live in, the groping violation part should probably stay, but with common sense used prior to an actual feel-up. Profile. It makes sense. Sorry if the Muslim world is offended that they were singled out, but after all it is those of that religion that are at war with America. If a white guy is seen robbing a bank by a witness the cops don't fill half the line-up with black women. That would be stupid.

    Agreed.

    From Karl Denninger:

    There are much-less-intrusive means that work better to protect against bombs. Dogs, specifically. Profiling people, for example. Have a dog sniff everyone who walks through the metal detector. If he "hits" on someone, perform your secondary screening. Bomb-sniffing dogs are a proven technology and they work. So do the small portable "swab" automated GC machines that have been in airports forever. I've had my laptop swabbed with one in the past - so what? If you want to secondary screen someone the dog "hits" on use one of those things and swab people's clothes and hands. But these techniques don't make Chertoff, the former DHS secretary, rich from "consulting fees" where scanners that irradiate us do.

    Entire post: http://www.market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=173092
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

  8. #7
    Newbie timou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    16

    Re: DHS & TSA: making a list, checking it twice

    Here's a solution to all the controversy over full-body scanners at the airports: All we need to do is develop a booth that you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have hidden on or in your body. The explosion will be contained within the sealed booth. This would be a win-win for everyone. There would be no racial profiling and the device would eliminate long and expensive trials......... This is so simple it's brilliant!
    I can see it now: you're in the airport terminal and you hear a muffled explosion. Shortly thereafter an announcement comes over the PA system, "Attention standby passengers, we now have a seat available on flight number...

    Think the liberals will go for this????











  9. #8
    XCR Guru Sean K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    21,283

    Re: DHS & TSA: making a list, checking it twice

    Quote Originally Posted by timou View Post
    Here's a solution to all the controversy over full-body scanners at the airports: All we need to do is develop a booth that you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have hidden on or in your body. The explosion will be contained within the sealed booth. This would be a win-win for everyone. There would be no racial profiling and the device would eliminate long and expensive trials......... This is so simple it's brilliant!
    I can see it now: you're in the airport terminal and you hear a muffled explosion. Shortly thereafter an announcement comes over the PA system, "Attention standby passengers, we now have a seat available on flight number...

    Think the liberals will go for this????





    That's GREAT. ROFLMAO.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

  10. #9
    Expert Soap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Inside your OODA Loop
    Posts
    1,090

    Re: DHS & TSA: making a list, checking it twice

    I've decided that should I need to fly anytime soon, I shall opt for the pat down. I will be genial and remain compliant. I shall also do one of the following:

    1. Conceal several rubber chickens and brightly colored scarves on my person.

    Or

    2. Close my eyes and moan in a loud, sexual manner and then hand a dollar to the searcher upon completion.

    See you on the bounce

  11. #10
    XCR Guru TexasChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,667

    Re: DHS & TSA: making a list, checking it twice

    both....that'd be fantastic......and get video.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. checking back...
    By Vultite in forum Robinson Armament
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-22-2011, 09:03 AM
  2. ACR who is making it??
    By american hellbilly in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 08:38 AM
  3. just checking
    By k9cop405 in forum Sales Questions for RA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 12:09 PM
  4. Checking out today
    By aziator in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-07-2008, 06:00 AM
  5. Just checking in
    By HiramRanger in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-13-2008, 12:48 PM