"Not in Chicago" or "Guns don't kill people, bus crashes do"
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Not in Chicago" or "Guns don't kill people, bus crashes do"

"Not in Chicago" or "Guns don't kill people, bus crashes do"

Okay, so no one got killed by a bus.

They must've mis-typed and meant Detroit, or Houston or Memphis. Not Chicago...there's no guns in Chicago.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,2269168.story

My favorite quote:

"These young guys stepped out with AK-47s or Uzis or something and shot up the whole block"

I know the general public is pretty ignorant about firearms, but an AK and an Uzi don't look terribly similar to me.
    Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Re: "Not in Chicago" or "Guns don't kill people, bus crashes do"

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyChryst View Post
    My favorite quote:

"These young guys stepped out with AK-47s or Uzis or something and shot up the whole block"

I know the general public is pretty ignorant about firearms, but an AK and an Uzi don't look terribly similar to me.
    They could have been handguns or rocket launchers too. 6-10 shots is like a case of ammo, I don't know why the whole block wasn't leveled. This is why stricter gun enforcement laws should be in place. If guns didn't exist then this wouldn't have happened.

There wouldn't be any more killing.

We need to start with assult rifles which all weapons are, then BB guns, then airsoft, then bats and swords and knives and shanks and toothpicks, then once all the weapons are gone we will live in peace and harmony.
    "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: thoughtcrime is death."
    - George Orwell, 1984, Book 1, Chapter 2

"ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS"- George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyChryst View Post
    Lol.

In Chicago they are.

Out here in the free state of Idaho, the kids playing on my street know the difference between an Uzi and an AK. Heck, the other day one of them gave me the rundown on why his toy SCAR was better than a toy M4.
    - Tom Aiello
    tb[email protected]

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
    Out here in the free state of Idaho, the kids playing on my street know the difference between an Uzi and an AK. Heck, the other day one of them gave me the rundown on why his toy SCAR was better than a toy M4.
    You just made my day. ;D

That guy, he said I should be oblong and have my knees removed. But I don't trust him, he plays the banjo.

Quote Originally Posted by Underground View Post
    You just made my day. ;D
    Mine too. Out here in commifornia everyone is scared if you mention the word "gun".

"ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS"- George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by series11 View Post
    Mine too. Out here in commifornia everyone is scared if you mention the word "gun".
    I grew up in California. We had gun racks in the back of trucks, and people riding horses to school.

It's bizarre that people living in places like Bishop have rules imposed on them from Sacramento--rules that are intended to address situations in Los Angeles and San Francisco. I don't live in the big city, so I'm hesitant to say that my way of life would improve things there, but I can't see the reasoning that leads people to believe that solutions they think will work in the Haight are going to apply in Oakdale.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by series11 View Post
    I grew up in California. We had gun racks in the back of trucks, and people riding horses to school.

It's bizarre that people living in places like Bishop have rules imposed on them from Sacramento--rules that are intended to address situations in Los Angeles and San Francisco. I don't live in the big city, so I'm hesitant to say that my way of life would improve things there, but I can't see the reasoning that leads people to believe that solutions they think will work in the Haight are going to apply in Oakdale.
    I don't either. I'm not sure much reasoning goes on. I remember when trucks had gun racks, but I don't see them anymore. People are scared of anything that relates to guns anymore. I promised to take a coworker out to the range because she thinks that she can't handle a firearm because she is going to shoot someone or herself. I plan to take her to a range and have her use a .22 to get used to it. I have a friend who loves to shoot and we go to the range, but when we talk about it in front of people or they may walk by they get scared and walk faster. We could be just talking about types of ammo or buttstocks. I don't see many horses either which is sad as well. I don't see much reasoning here much at all anymore. They blame the firearm not the intentions of the people behind the firearm.

Where in California do you live?
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

South Sacramento area. There are a few indoor gun ranges but all the farmland is long gone. There used to be tons. Out in Wilton, Lodi and Galt is where the gun racks in trucks usually were but I don't really see them anymore.

I think the decline in the use of gun racks is more to do the following:

1. Invasion of Migrant Populations
    2. Decline of the Standard of living, a rise in Poverty
    3. Rise of the Welfare State

People don't want their guns stolen.
    Visit Minute of Angle Forums
    A truth’s initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors