7.62 Mags.....CProducts or Ammosc????
Like Tree6Likes
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 7.62 Mags.....CProducts or Ammosc????

G2 [OP]

7.62 Mags.....CProducts or Ammosc????

Anyone shed some light on this subject??
    I need to buy some 7.62x39 mags for my XCR and was wondering which are the best, CProducts or Ammosc?

Thanks For Looking

Re: 7.62 Mags.....CProducts or Ammosc????

I think they are the same mag. C-products no longer exist & I believe Ammosc has their machines.

There is a thread here somewhere regarding the new new variants/companies. Don't have time to find it for you, have to run. Someone bought at least one of them if not both and can't remember if they have shared feedback yet.
    Riding, Shooting, or Golfing...you pick and I will be there.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TEXAS SOLFTAIL View Post
    I think they are the same mag. C-products no longer exist & I believe Ammosc has their machines.
    Cproducts doesn't exist but I got some Ammosc mags and they work good.
    "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: thoughtcrime is death."
    - George Orwell, 1984, Book 1, Chapter 2

"ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS"- George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by series11 View Post
    Cproducts doesn't exist but I got some Ammosc mags and they work good.
    Hi series11

I just got a new XCR-L and got my hands on 9 more AMMOSC 7.62x39 mags (10 total).
    I'm having constant FTF with using TULA HP ammo.
    The first round feeds fine, number 2 is a gamble, they always seem to get pushed forward by the bolt but nose dive into the magazine front lip and jam.
    Also if I feed in more than 20 rounds on any of the 10 (including the one that came with the XCR) it feels like the spring bottoms out and does not have what it takes to push up.
    I can see this after even manually feeding (jam, remove mag, drop jammed round) and looking at the mags the springs are still low in the magazine not pushing up at all.

Was there any kind of break in you did on your mags, or did they just work out of the box?
    I thought maybe with the current insanity going on with even finding magazines, that their QC may have gone to [email protected], but the fact that the original mag that came with the XCR does this, makes me think its something else. (I dont have anything but a bulk of TULA HP, but I wonder if the flat tip of the HP round is helping to make the situation worse)

I had gen 2 C-Product mags for my XCR, once I put AK47 springs in them (Wolff) they worked perfectly with the Golden Tiger FMJ I had stockpiled.

I've got 20 mags all with Wolf ak-47 springs. They were not 100% before I put them & now they are.

Quote Originally Posted by TEXAS SOLFTAIL View Post
    I've got 20 mags all with Wolf ak-47 springs. They were not 100% before I put them & now they are.
    Thanks, I ordered some of these springs.
    I stripped down one of the mags to see if there was any burs or bad welds, it looked pretty good but the edges are very "clingy", Im not sure if there is some kind of coating inside which is causing the follower and steel cased ammo to hang up inside.

I wiped the inside with athin layer of good old wd40 just to see what would happen, this made a huge difference so I'm wondering if these may need the old boil/degrease and wipe down trick.
    I dont notice grease inside but there seems to be some white-ish layer (I could just be insane on this)

I wouldn't use oil or WD40 inside a mag...you're asking for dirt/debris and grit to get in the mag body. If it's "clingy".....then sand the offending edges and re-blue (if possible).
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Yeah I agree, I was trying to figure out where the hang up is,it seems (could be wrong) that there is some coating on the inside of the magazine that has been applied which grips to the polymer body of the steel case ammo as well as to the follower itself.
    I'm wondering if I take the mag apart and scrub the inside down with a degreaser if it may remove this residue (whatever it is)
    Im waiting on a call back from ammosc to hear from them what this stuff is inside the mag.

I'll let you guys know what I find out.

So after looking around, I think ill strip a mag down, degrease it well andd give it some elbow grease, then try out a silicone lube, Ive ordered some Pyroil Silicone Lubricant spray from Amazon, I've read only good things about its use in magazines and since its a dry lube, it doesnt attract dust and dirt. *knock wood* that this all works out.
    Last edited by sheldonbotha; 04-04-2013 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Update

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors