Current Status RA and the XCR? - Page 2
Like Tree3Likes
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Current Status RA and the XCR?

Comparing my early xcr-l to new competition length rifle, you can tell how much better the new ones are. The new one is on par with a custom gun in my opinion. The older one was not as tightly fitted, especially between the frame and upper. My older one kind of craters the primers and the new one doesn't. I think the bolt on the new one is better because it is lightened and the op rod is a little lighter. This should add to a smoother and softer recoiling gun. Also when you run the charging handle, you can tell a definite smoothness when compared to the older one.

Overall, there is nothing wrong with my older gun. It runs with no problems. But if your going for a more refined and custom type rifle, the new ones are right up there.

Thank you all.

That is really good to hear. I actually shot some pretty darned good groups with mine, better than the AR that followed (I thought I could get a tack driver, it was not and decided bolts actions is where I belong not to mention mil surplus and more 30-06) (AR is gone now! real nice RRA but I hated the controls setup, the XCR beats hollow)

What amazed me taking the barrel off on an having it maintain the poi.

Maybe some day go with a 7.62 x9 to go with the AK that a friend gave m before he passed.

AAG
    Is RA doing factory sbrs?
    M local RA stocking dealers never have any.
    At this point with the nfa rush I think a form 3 alone would take 3 months.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AAG View Post
    Is RA doing factory sbrs?
    M local RA stocking dealers never have any.
    At this point with the nfa rush I think a form 3 alone would take 3 months.
    Yes, but IME, it'll take 3 months to get an order from RA completed...much less one for an SBR.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

They offer them. They want deposits for them and as Sean stated. I'd expect a longer than normal wait. If you really want an XCR SBR, of recommend the form 1 route.
    Sean K. likes this.

Form 1 all the way if time is of the essence.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

My Mini was originally a 6.8 pistol. Form 1 and away I went. Since the trigger guard is part of the receiver, that is where I had my engraving done.
    When the difference between life and death is a matter of seconds, the police are only minutes away!
    (not knocking police, just gun grabbers)

Doing a bit of follow up check in.

I find myself missing the XCR-L, it certainly was vastly superior to the AR in ergonomic and it beat the AK all hollow as well.

It seems the M has gone to short stroke?

L in beta testing for short stroke?

Quote Originally Posted by RC20 View Post
    Doing a bit of follow up check in.

I find myself missing the XCR-L, it certainly was vastly superior to the AR in ergonomic and it beat the AK all hollow as well.

It seems the M has gone to short stroke?

L in beta testing for short stroke?
    M has been short stroke from the beginning. They recently started offering the Type 3(long stroke) so you could tuck the gas block.

The L has had short stroke for awhile now. I've personally got a 10.5 5.45 in the Type 2(short stroke). Can't remember when I got it but it's been a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    M has been short stroke from the beginning. They recently started offering the Type 3(long stroke) so you could tuck the gas block.

The L has had short stroke for awhile now. I've personally got a 10.5 5.45 in the Type 2(short stroke). Can't remember when I got it but it's been a bit.
    Hmmm...didn't know they offered the L in short stroke. I wonder what the major impetus was for the change. I'd read/heard it was for a wider variety of underpowered ammo....but now I wonder if the less reciprocating mass might mean better accuracy as I got some pretty outstanding accuracy from my short stroke Type 2 M this weekend while actually sighting in with 147 grain mil-surp German Berdan primed stuff....like 3 shot groups all through the same ragged hole with a Norden Performance 1-6X24 at 101 yards.
    TexasChris likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsors