Current Status RA and the XCR?
Like Tree3Likes
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Current Status RA and the XCR?

Current Status RA and the XCR?

I used to own a fairly early XCR-L. It seemed at the time RA was going into the dirt, support was poor, one gal who worked hard had been terminated (or quit) a guy took over. I had cratered primer issues that was more or less resolved but never good.

I liked the gun, , I don't plan on getting another one, my shooting is now in the target shooting. but I would like as objective a view of how the company is doing, support wise , problem resolution .

At time Alex was jumping into new versions and not resolving pervious problems though generally when they worked they worked well.

The take was he should move into just design and let some good at it management wise run the company.

I still believe the XCR design is vastly better than the AR platform.

I haven't had any problems that they weren't able to solve quick-quick.
    I'm happy with all of mine, although I'm admittedly happier with the -L than I am with the -M.

I'd still highly recommend the -L, and with a few caveats, the -M too.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

I discovered the XCR-L in 2013, after all the Alex drama and extended teething issues of the company had been resolved or blown over. So I didn't have any bias one way or the other. I have nothing but good things to say about the rifle (once they provided factory upgraded trigger) and RA's customer service, with whom I've dealt half dozen times. Holly is top notch, IMO. I'd say I'm a low maintenance civilian shooter, but I take quality & design issues very seriously. (FWIW). The world needs to give the XCR/RA another look, because this platform is badass at a reasonable price.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Thank you. Igot what was supposed to be an accurate AR,the XCR did better.

Moved onto large caliber target shooting so I sold the AR as well.

Still though the layout and ops of the XCR were by far the best (having shot an AK as well)

Did Alex move on or what happened politically?

Alex is still very much a part of the company. They're have been some recent updates to the platform and the latest examples have been very nice. I think they're pricing themselves from the broader market with the latest bump in msrp

I think the amount of options has become confusing. 3 gas block options, four rail length options, 2 bolt carrier group options.

I have heard fewer complaints about them not running straight out of the box.

I have heard good things about customer service lately.

The 3 gun versions with the extended rail (15" AR equivalent), low profile gas block, and factory muzzle brake look real nice. I wish I could post a pic for you. They are on the forum if you look hard enough.

They are a whole lot less confusing than an AR platform. And yes, the competition length uppers are great.

Quote Originally Posted by owtlaw View Post
    They are a whole lot less confusing than an AR platform. And yes, the competition length uppers are great.
    Amen to that. I think it's demonstrably true that the xcr, more so than any other rifle of its order (scar, ACR, bren 805, mutant, etc.) is the smartest, best-looking, and most cost-effective balance between innovation and conventional AR modularity. In other words it's the perfect balance between a proprietary closed system and a democratic open system. IMO.

What was the resolution on the cratering firing pin? Mine worked fine for 1500 rounds then started piecing primers.

That seemed to be the low point of things. Reaming the firing pin hole out was a response that did not sit well. Mine went back and forth, CSA at the time tried, best it did was 60% less but no right an always slightly cratered.

Again curious , I would like to recommend it to others if fixed. I felt ergonomics were vastly superior to the AR ad that with the quick change barrel any military unit could (at camp) set their weapon up to suit a current situation or if fluid you could go with a mix.

Redesigned and simplified bolt. Solves the problem and runs a little better as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors