2009 xcr problem free at last - Page 2
Like Tree20Likes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2009 xcr problem free at last

Quote Originally Posted by mparker762 View Post
    Got a 10" 5.56 pistol from Kermit a few weeks ago, with the tailhook brace. I've run about 500 rds through it so far without a hiccup or bobble. This new pistol is *much* more nicer than my old rifle, Robinson has really come a long way in the refinement department. I do think I prefer the old gas system though, the new system with the plunger between the dial and barrel is a bit annoying to get to, though its nice not to have to safety-wire the gas plug to a sling loop.

What was the point of the change to the bolt and carrier putting the firing pin and the buffer in the carrier? slamfires out of battery? is it worth upgrading to the new bolt & carrier scheme?
    The new gas block can utilize the pluger or a bb/bearing detent along with the same spring. The bb is usually used with the tucked gas block. It's not as secure but you can move it with your fingers. If you didn't care about bumping the dial you could do the swap. If you're not shooting suppressed, I don't think there's much benefit to the new gas block.

As you mentioned about the change to the BCG, it's supposed to be "safer". If your old setup worked for you, I wouldn't make the change. RA will mill your old lower to make it compatible with the new system if you want to. Not sure what they're charging for the service and/or if they're offering a reduced rate for the new parts.
    Merlin and Sean K. like this.

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    The new gas block can utilize the pluger or a bb/bearing detent along with the same spring. The bb is usually used with the tucked gas block. It's not as secure but you can move it with your fingers. If you didn't care about bumping the dial you could do the swap. If you're not shooting suppressed, I don't think there's much benefit to the new gas block.

As you mentioned about the change to the BCG, it's supposed to be "safer". If your old setup worked for you, I wouldn't make the change. RA will mill your old lower to make it compatible with the new system if you want to. Not sure what they're charging for the service and/or if they're offering a reduced rate for the new parts.
    I personally prefer the old bolt/buffer style as well....I don't see any point in 'upgrading' to the new one. I do think the new gas dial is designed better than the old one. There seems to be enough force on the block that the tab holding the dial can get bent on the older version....that can't happen on the new one (type 3).
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Figured I'd post a picture of the pistol I got from Kermit. 10" barrel, mini length. Love the tailhook brace. The sight is the Meprolight M21 reflex, with the triangular reticle - it's the only reflex sight I've been able to find that that doesn't seem to be affected by astigmatism. Muzzle device is the BRT "Covert Comp" linear compensator.

2009 xcr problem free at last-xcr_pistol.jpg
    Sean K. and Merlin like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Very nice pistol, looks sharp!
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors