Anyone else have this problem?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else have this problem?

Anyone else have this problem?

To keep my stock locked up tight I have to back out the "stock tightness adjustment bolt" to the point that the stock is totally canted at an angle and does not line up with the rifle. This is bugging the sh!# out of me.

Any way to fix this? Do I have a defective folder?

My upper has already been sent back to SLC for issues - now I notice this . . .

:'(

Re: Anyone else have this problem?

No, mine barely extends past the mount and it's solid. Sounds like maybe the hole in the hinge is either too big, or either the hole or the catch one is in the wrong position.

That guy, he said I should be oblong and have my knees removed. But I don't trust him, he plays the banjo.

You may have to adjust the bolt on the button that you press to release the stock, it may be too tight. I would start by backing that out a bit and screwing in the adjustment bolt until everything looks normal then play with both of them until you get it where you want.
    Don't confuse enthusiasm for competence

Want more grip for your M&P Pistol? Send me a message.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by aziator View Post
    You may have to adjust the bolt on the button that you press to release the stock, it may be too tight. I would start by backing that out a bit and screwing in the adjustment bolt until everything looks normal then play with both of them until you get it where you want.
    I tried that. No change. That particular adjustment moves the spring loaded catch up and down. The play I have is front-to-back.

DJ

Not all of us consider it a problem.* I like it. Some rifle shooters actually prefer some rightward deflection or displacement of the stock.* It is referred to as 'cast-off' and is sometimes purposely designed to be there or at least such a capability is sometimes provided, as is the case with the XCR.* The benefit is that it can permit better eyeball to front + rear sight alignment by enabling the (right handed/sighted) shooter's head(and hence the right eye) to be placed a bit more to the right than would be the case were the stock aligned parallel with the sights' (and bore) axis, i.e., square.* Too, it may reduce by a bit the need to tilt the head rightward for some shooters.
    YMMV*

This aspect, unfairly however, reminds me of the joke in the computer software biz that sales reps use to calm upset customers, i.e., they say: It's not a bug, it's a feature!

Have you checked the screws inside the lower that holds the adapter to the lower?

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Any chance you could post some pics of the issue?
    A M16 is a fancy city girl, sexy as hell, but a bit moody. It's all good as long as you take her to the clubs and get what she asks. If you cross the? line, its over.

An AK is a naughty girl, all in latex and with a whip begging you to be naughty. The nastier you are the happier she is. Its clear that she wont dump you, you'll have to do that on your own.
    The XCR is the perfect blend of both. Sexy as hell but willing to let you beat her and filthy her up and then beg for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Have you checked the screws inside the lower that holds the adapter to the lower?
    If those were loose it should be loose all the time.

That guy, he said I should be oblong and have my knees removed. But I don't trust him, he plays the banjo.

PICS:

(1) Here is a pic of the underside of the folder with the stock open and locked up tight. The cant is more pronounced as you back away and see the funky angle the stock takes from the rest of the gun. I am not writing this off as being "normal" as one poster has already suggested. If Terra tells me this is normal I will have an XCR for sale.

(2) This is how far I have to back out the bolt to keep the stock locked up tight. The bolt head is the only point of contact. It is backed out so far that I can actualy see the threads of the bolt. I have tried to capture this in the following pics.

the fits vary a little depending on tolerances. I can get you a tighter fit.
    Resident Forum Slut

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors