Bolt Release

Thread: Bolt Release

Bolt Release

Ok so I'd appreciate any info you guys have on this cause I'm stumped. Last week I went shooting out in No Man's Land again and shot about 120 rounds of brown bear through Prestige Worldwide. Today I was fondling my gun as I often do and the bolt release is much harder to actually press downwards now. Like I have to WORK to get the release downwards just so the bolt will move forward. I pulled out my allen wrenches and loosened the lug and tightened it and it didn't do much. anyone else have this issue? For the record I was wondering if not cleaning the gun after 5 days may have some effect on it so that's why the first sentence is mentioned.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen

DSM

Re: Bolt Release

Could be gunked up. Disassemble it and scrub it out and see if still does it.

BTW, you haven't let the hammer smack the lower when it's been disassembled, have you?
    When have any of our plans ever actually worked? We plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose.

No way I know better than letting the hammer hit the lower. Idk I've fired 250+ though the gun at once for the short time I've had it and it was clean inside for the most part but I do have to clean it just for good measure.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

That would be my first thought too, that there were just some sand, or chips of something in there.

First step is disassembly and inspection of slide release and the bolt for any gunk or damage. Might run a q-tip down through the hole that the release sits in too while you're at it.

That guy, he said I should be oblong and have my knees removed. But I don't trust him, he plays the banjo.

Fixed. I took out the bolt release rod and made sure it was clean; It looked fine but just made sure everything was aligned correctly and nothing was in the way. Smooth as silk now.

look at the engagement surface on the BHO shaft and see if anything looks suspicious

Sponsors