No Rocket Scientry Here... - Page 2
Like Tree7Likes
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No Rocket Scientry Here...

Re: No Rocket Scientry Here...

That is my favorite thing about the XCR - It's so simple. I field stripped it on the new gal's desk yesterday and showed her every part on it in about five minutes. Beautiful. ;D
    Resident Forum Slut

Here is one I built waaaay before I had mills and lathes etc etc. I built it entirely by hand. EVERY part was oversize and hand fitted. All I used was basic hand tools and files and the evil Dremel. Shoots well under an inch and is dead reliable!!!

Looks good, whats that behind the ejection port?

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Its leaning on my Emerson CQC. Thanks.

OK, I see now.

Quote Originally Posted by TEXAS SOLFTAIL View Post
    OK, I see now.
    :

;D
    Resident Forum Slut

What are spammers doing? Infant urns? WTF? That almost makes me curious enough to click. Almost.
    Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

As an Infantryman myself, does the guy really think that the M16 series is without fault? In combat I've seen the M4 jam and malfunction, not to mention you have to clean it after every shot. Oh and if dirt gets into it (Kinda hard to keep it out in the Desert) you have to break the whole thing down and give it a deep cleaning. I always carried tools to fix my weapon because you never know. I just hope that Mr. Black Ops realizes that you have to be 10% smarter than the object. A Allen wrench is not going to load a soldier down.
    "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: thoughtcrime is death."
    - George Orwell, 1984, Book 1, Chapter 2

"ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS"- George Orwell

Doc
    Well my XCR is on it's way back to RA as I was getting FTE's/double feeds at least once or twice a magazine. I have heard good things about RA's customer service so am looking forward to getting it back as good as new.

I'm not a gunsmith, but I did download the RA armorers course and feel that I have a good understanding of how this weapon operates. In addition when I experienced this problem I did some testing with different ammo, different magazines and different gas settings. What I found was that worked equally well with PMags, or USGI mags, and that different ammo didn't make any difference, it would still FTE then smash the next round which would necessitate slamming the butt of the gun on the ground to free the charging handle and clear the action, not something I should have to do with a $1800 gun for sure. Only when I changed the gas setting to max did it function best. Again this is a work around and not normal, (I did break it in per RA recommendations).

Anyway, I just thought I'd add a little to this thread about some troubleshooting that you can do ahead of sending it back.
    ““The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge, while an ordinary man takes everything as a blessing or a curse.””

- Carlos Castenada

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Well my XCR is on it's way back to RA as I was getting FTE's/double feeds at least once or twice a magazine. I have heard good things about RA's customer service so am looking forward to getting it back as good as new.

I'm not a gunsmith, but I did download the RA armorers course and feel that I have a good understanding of how this weapon operates. In addition when I experienced this problem I did some testing with different ammo, different magazines and different gas settings. What I found was that worked equally well with PMags, or USGI mags, and that different ammo didn't make any difference, it would still FTE then smash the next round which would necessitate slamming the butt of the gun on the ground to free the charging handle and clear the action, not something I should have to do with a $1800 gun for sure. Only when I changed the gas setting to max did it function best. Again this is a work around and not normal, (I did break it in per RA recommendations).

Anyway, I just thought I'd add a little to this thread about some troubleshooting that you can do ahead of sending it back.
    Most likely a tight chamber based on what you've described. I hope the CS at RA has improved....regardless of what you've heard, it's got a pretty bad reputation around here.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsors