No Rocket Scientry Here... - Page 3
Like Tree7Likes
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No Rocket Scientry Here...

Doc
    Everybody gets a fair chance to do right or wrong with me.
    ““The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge, while an ordinary man takes everything as a blessing or a curse.””

- Carlos Castenada

Doc
    So it's been 4 weeks and I still don't have my rifle back. I'm less than impressed with their customer service.
    ““The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge, while an ordinary man takes everything as a blessing or a curse.””

- Carlos Castenada

Doc
    I did get the XCR-L back but it took 7 weeks and several prods from my end. This is not some Walmart $499 AR, this is a premium rifle and I think the customer service should be better. They replaced the gas piston system and BCG, which anyone here could have done in under 1 minute, so why the delay? No spare parts, I hope that's not the case, my suspicion is that it sat for days on end before a tech picked it up.

It didn't cost me a dime, as should be the case, but damn 7 weeks to replace some parts.

- Carlos Castenada

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Report on the function when you get a chance.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Doc
    Ran about 200 rounds through it on gas setting 4, and only had one mfg. I was using it for a Front Site course and swapped to my Armalite M15 when we went out to 100yds as it had a 3x ACOG on it vs. the Aimpoint Pro on the XCR. Going to shoot it again in the next few days, and will report function once I'm out of the break in period.

- Carlos Castenada

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Ran about 200 rounds through it on gas setting 4, and only had one mfg. I was using it for a Front Site course and swapped to my Armalite M15 when we went out to 100yds as it had a 3x ACOG on it vs. the Aimpoint Pro on the XCR. Going to shoot it again in the next few days, and will report function once I'm out of the break in period.
    1 failure out of 200 rounds, unless it was obviously a mag or bad ammo is unacceptable. What was the malfunction? Short stroke, failure to eject, feed, extract, or ???

Did you try setting 2 or 3? How's the ejection at the different settings? It should be throwing spent cases 8-12 feet at least on the proper gas setting.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Doc
    I agree, 1 in 200 is unacceptable, but technically I'm still in the break in period, so I'll report back after I'm done with that and using position 2. I shoot mostly XM-193 and XM-855 ammo so it's pretty hot, and as it is now (position 4) it's really flinging the brass 15' or more. Type 3 mfg, btw.

- Carlos Castenada

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I agree, 1 in 200 is unacceptable, but technically I'm still in the break in period, so I'll report back after I'm done with that and using position 2. I shoot mostly XM-193 and XM-855 ammo so it's pretty hot, and as it is now (position 4) it's really flinging the brass 15' or more. Type 3 mfg, btw.
    So, still having them stuck in the chamber? Not good. I doubt break in will make it better, but hopefully so. The guy from MAC recently had issues on setting 2 (IIRC) went up to 4....still had them, went back to 2....worked fine. Overgassing could conceivably give bolt bounce causing malfs....but having one stuck in the chamber precludes that as an option.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Doc
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    So, still having them stuck in the chamber? Not good. I doubt break in will make it better, but hopefully so. The guy from MAC recently had issues on setting 2 (IIRC) went up to 4....still had them, went back to 2....worked fine. Overgassing could conceivably give bolt bounce causing malfs....but having one stuck in the chamber precludes that as an option.
    Yeah, I'm going to be all methodical about it. Which ammo, which mag, etc.

- Carlos Castenada

Hope you get it sorted. Let us know how it goes or if you need additional help. If it continues to have casings stuck in the chamber and we do a bit of diagnosis first, it's likely that it's a simple fix.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsors