I need help my XCR Broke !!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help my XCR Broke !!

I need help my XCR Broke !!

I was at my friends range yesterday and had shot about 80 rounds when my XCR's trigger failed to reset, so pulled the charging handle back and put a new round in the chamber, and fired then the same thing happened, I repeated this about 8 times and nothing changed, I went and cleaned and lubed it hoping that would fix, but I noticed when I took the lower off a small piece of what appears to be forged aluminium and possibly a corner to something, but I did not thing anything of it since there were small pieces of metal around me when I took it apart, so once I had it cleaned and lubed I put it back together and went back to the range, when I fired it then it did the same thing as earlier, I cleared the round and chambered a new one and fired this time with one pull of the trigger 8 rounds fired at once, so that finished my shooting for the day. I have only had about 1000 rounds through it so for and have cleaned and lubed almost religiously.
    Speak soflty and carry a big stick...and if that dont work, start yellin and grab a shotgun!

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end

Re: I need help my XCR Broke !!

I looked on the upper and lower and have not been able to find where the piece broke off. I will try to take some pictures of the piece that broke and post them, but the ones I have taken did not turn good. Thanks for the help I really need it.
    Speak soflty and carry a big stick...and if that dont work, start yellin and grab a shotgun!

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end

waiting on pics...

has your lower been to Bill Springfield's?

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

It has not been to Springfields for the trigger job. It is going to be a few days I have to buy a new camera, the one I have can not take a clear picture it does not have enough megapixels. The piece that broke is painted black and has raised edge that is rounded off and it has a sharp point from breaking, it is about the size of a pencil eraser.

Checkout the trigger schematic here:

https://xcrforum.com/index.php/topic,766.0.html

I'm going to take a guess that the disconnector broke.

Jack A Sol

dude, if your rifle is firing 8 rounds at a time then it needs to go back to robinson ditty mao, RFN, ASAP, tomorrow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by va_plinker View Post

I'm going to take a guess that the disconnector broke.
    +1 on that. Don't fire it anymore until you get this fixed!

I just looked at my XCR and it is the disconnector that broke. What is the best way to fix it? Can I order the part? or do I need to send it to RA? How much will it cost to fix? I decided not to fire it until it is fixed once it happened, it is unsafe and not worth the jail time. Thanks for the help.

Call Terra, at RobArms, tomorrow. Most likely it is covered under warranty, a "free" fix. :2cents:
    Fio para bellator - be the Prepared Warrior

I am curious to know what entails a broken disconnector? Is the edge worn off so the hammer can't reset?

I too had a problem with the trigger resetting but for me it was not the disconnector.

I noticed the trigger pin was walking out each time I fired a couple of rounds. I pushed back in and it would walk out again. I then proceeded to open the action and everything apperead to be in place. Then I decided to play detective and took trigger apart to see if I could find anything unusual and found this circlip looking piece at the bottom!

I figured out that the circlip actually helps everything stays put. It keeps the hammer pin from walking and it also wedges the main spring up against the receiver to keep the trigger pin from walking. The 2 legs of the main spring should be seated tightly on the grooves of the trigger pin, if the cotter pin is missing, the legs will not properly seat.

I plan to go back to the range and give her 4 full mags (120 rounds total) as fast as I can to see how she holds up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors