CDC Zombie Survival guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CDC Zombie Survival guide

CDC Zombie Survival guide

http://www.bt.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp

Even the government finally has too admit that their could be an outbreak!!!!! Get yourself ready!!! Bust out those 12 gauges!! NOW!!!

Re: CDC Zombie Survival guide

A shotgun? Really? Trust me when I say when your surrounded on all sides by hoards of the undead,the last thing you want to be doing is fumbling around with loose shotgun shells and only reloading 5 or 6 at a time.High capacity magazines are your friend! Oh did I also mention you want to be carrying as much ammo as possible,30 rounds of 5.56 vs 30 12 gauge rounds,you do the math.This has been a public announcement by your local Zombie killing expert.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.----John Stuart Mill

It really is a bit silly isn't it? Whomever started this whole business about the shotgun being the ultimate zomebie gun is clearly a few brassers short of a whorehouse.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Caboose View Post
    It really is a bit silly isn't it? Whomever started this whole business about the shotgun being the ultimate zomebie gun is clearly a few brassers short of a whorehouse.
    That was nicely put
    See you on the bounce

Quote Originally Posted by dont_tread_on_me View Post
    Oh did I also mention you want to be carrying as much ammo as possible,30 rounds of 5.56 vs 30 12 gauge rounds,you do the math.This has been a public announcement by your local Zombie killing expert.
    What's the stopping power of 5.56 against the walking dead, though?

Wouldn't you be better off with 7.62 x 39 or 6.8 SPC? Maybe even 7.62 x 51?

And while I'm thinking about it, is there a benefit to having the zombie marked selector switch?
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

What's the stopping power of 5.56 against the walking dead, though?

Wouldn't you be better off with 7.62 x 39 or 6.8 SPC? Maybe even 7.62 x 51?
    Well there is no free lunch.The 7.62x39 would be a consideration because it's similar in size,availability and cost.It does suffer being quite a bit heavier then the 5.56 though which will not enable you to carry as much,trust me more is better here! Remember in a Zombie Apocalypse there will be no Dicks sporting goods so you better stockpile! Which is why the 6.8 wouldn't even be on the table for me.The .308 while being a great cartridge is more power then really necessary to pop Zombie melons.Speaking of melons this is the only way to really kill a Zombie.I'm still struggling with the idea that you can kill something that is already dead but I digress.Anyway to be quite honest an MP5 or other similar 9mm submachingun or carbine would work quite well.You can carry a lot of ammo,and the 147 grain 9mm round has more than enough ass to split a Zombie cranium.Low recoil and fast follow up shots would also be a plus.
    And while I'm thinking about it, is there a benefit to having the zombie marked selector switch?
    Unless it goes full auto then no.Full auto may be almost useless for most regular combat situations,unless it's belt-fed,but in a close encounter with many zombies,it can be a lifesaver. >

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.----John Stuart Mill

I think it all depends on the type of zombie. Are they slow or fast? are they smart or stupid? Do they vote for brainless presidents? Do they only want brains to fill their void or do they just like to eat flesh? I think these are important questions. I would definitley use my XCR in 7.62x39 and load up on ammo regardless.
    "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: thoughtcrime is death."
    - George Orwell, 1984, Book 1, Chapter 2

"ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS"- George Orwell

Damn!!! That was harsh! Personally I like the idea of having a 12ga. when the zombies come because I think I'd be more likely to get head shots, plus I like using slugs too. A .40 s&w or higher pistol would be my back-up, and a sword for last ditch.

Quote Originally Posted by jawara View Post
    Damn!!! That was harsh! Personally I like the idea of having a 12ga. when the zombies come because I think I'd be more likely to get head shots, plus I like using slugs too. A .40 s&w or higher pistol would be my back-up, and a sword for last ditch.
    I'd take a page from the insurgent hand book and put a bunch of explosives on me as a last resort. Zombies don't brush their teeth and when they bite the wound is bound to get gangrene . Go out with a bang, that is my motto.
    "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: thoughtcrime is death."
    - George Orwell, 1984, Book 1, Chapter 2

"ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS"- George Orwell

all iam getting out of this is the government baiting on the zombie trend to encourage hurricane kits
    President
    Anti Personnel Weapons Research
    Camp Verde AZ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors