XCR shooters in DFW area?

Thread: XCR shooters in DFW area?

XCR shooters in DFW area?

Curious if I have any neighbors on this forum? I'm about 15 min west of Fort Worth. We relocated from CA about a year and a half ago.
    For a man who'd trade his liberty for a safe and dreamless sleep, Doesn't deserve the both of them and neither shall he keep

I make it down to DFW for work and play semi regularly. Know where the good ranges are yet?
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Only been to one indoor range at Lone Star Guns & Gear here close to Weatherford. Never been a fan of indoor ranges though. The Parker County Sportsman Club looks to have good outdoor ranges. They also hold regular pistol and rifle matches, swap meets and other events throughout the year. I may join up when the kids are older and have more time to actually get out and shoot. So much of TX land is privately owned it's difficult to find an open area to just go casual afternoon plinking without finding yourself a trespasser. Ironically this was much easier to do in CA as long as you drove about an hour from any city.
    For a man who'd trade his liberty for a safe and dreamless sleep, Doesn't deserve the both of them and neither shall he keep

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Sig
    Quote Originally Posted by saberune View Post
    So much of TX land is privately owned it's difficult to find an open area to just go casual afternoon plinking without finding yourself a trespasser. Ironically this was much easier to do in CA as long as you drove about an hour from any city.
    You aren't alone. When I lived up north, I belonged to 3 gun ranges, out to 800 yards, skeet, bow... Move down to NC and everyone joked moving in with the rednecks, and dang it, there was only one 100 yard range 15 years ago that I could drive to. Ironcially enough, they closed the outdoor range, but I moved only a couple of miles from that range and just shoot on my own property now.
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

Sponsors