WIC (possibly offensive)
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WIC (possibly offensive)

WIC (possibly offensive)

Ok so I am in a personal dilemma. My wife and I both consider ourselves to be conservative. We have a baby on the way and could likely qualify for WIC. I personally do NOT want to go on WIC and would rather go hungry that to enroll on such a program. I will be getting a small pay raise from the Air Force for my baby boy but I don't know if that will cut it. My wife wants us to go on WIC to take care of my unborn child and her logic is that we should take it as honest working Americans contributing to society as opposed to another person that may get it i.e. illegal alien or another person that seems to be a drain on what's left of the American Economy. I personally am not sure what I should do due to personal morality and also to care for my child. What say you?
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen

Re: WIC (possibly offensive)

Wolf,

I completely understand your situation... When I was a SrA and my wife had our 1st child we went on WIC. You don't make enough while on AD to really support your family. As an NCO I advise that you use the tools that are available to you to support your family. If you want to talk more about this please go ahead and PM....
    'Courage is not the absences of fear, its the taking of action in the presences of fear."

When I was in command I sent more than a few of my soldiers to sign up for WIC. There is no shame in it, no different than taking BAS or even BAH. You are entitled to it, if you don't use it someone else will.
    Don't confuse enthusiasm for competence

Want more grip for your M&P Pistol? Send me a message.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Do what you need to do. As a taxpayer I'm ashamed that you aren't compensated enough for your service while entitled parasites that do nothing get so much.

Ever hear a child scream from hunger?

After you hear yours you wont care about being "conservative". You'll just want to make the baby feel better
    "Amateurs talk about tactics, but professionals study logistics." - Gen. Robert Barrow, USMC (1980)
    www.acrforum.com

Yup. Go with your gut on this one. I would do many things to feed my family. Things that I would never do in a normal situation. I pray I never have to go there. I would think that nobody would judge you one way or the other when it comes to the well being of your family. Better you than some illegal or crack head.
    Little boys do what they want. Real men do what they're supposed to...

Quote Originally Posted by davek View Post
    Do what you need to do. As a taxpayer I'm ashamed that you aren't compensated enough for your service while entitled parasites that do nothing get so much.
    THIS.
    Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

DITTO : Go get the WIC ! A healthy wife and child is far cheaper anyway. So do us all a favor. ;D
    When Mad Max comes... I'll be waiting !!!

Agreed with everyone else.There is no shame in taking a hand up every once in awhile.Especially since your serving your country.Uncle Sam does not do nearly enough for you anyway,so at least you've earned your "help" more than most.Feel no shame and feed your child.That fact that that the thought of it shames you speaks volumes about your character IMHO.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.----John Stuart Mill

Look you have already paid for it through your taxes. It is not as if you are getting something for free, you have actually paid for it already over the years you have been working.

No shame here buddy. Besides, you and your family are serving your country, you deserve the WIC benefits. You deserve more.

Now, one thing I could recommend to make it even easier to support yourselves and the baby, is to clip coupons, My wife does it and she will go to the storage and buy $100 worth of food, etc and only pay $40 - $60 depending on what she buys that week. When she goes shopping for clothes, she buys the close on sale and then combines the sale with a total off coupon (think Khols). You have to be creative. My wife has been clipping coupons forever now. Even when I was in the service. It all adds up. She will save thousands of dollars over the course of a year. Thousands that can go towards other things...

Just some friendly advice if you are not doing it already. There are forums and sites all over the web dedicated to coupons clipping and how to combine coupons with sales, etc. The trick is combining store coupons with manufacturer coupons.
    "If the provisions of the Constitution be not upheld when they pinch, as well as when they comfort, they may as well be abandoned." - U.S. Supreme Court Justice George Southerland, 1934

WWW.GLOCKFAN.US - Glock Pistol Forum

WWW.ACRFORUM.COM - Remington Bushmaster ACR Rifle Forum

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors