Phil's Photo Thread (NSFW) - Page 12
Like Tree50Likes
Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil's Photo Thread (NSFW)

Re: Phil's Photo Thread (NSFW)

A good mix indeed!

God, for a minute there I thought those were MickeyC's family photos. I was gonna ask Mickey if I could come over for dinner sometime.

Some small-scale work:

Long before I started hemorrhaging money for guns, I was spending like crazy on photo gear....
    Click here to visit my photography web site.

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." - Richard Dawkins

Okay, you fickle fuckers. I guess it's all about the girlie pictures, huh? Here! Choke on 'em!

More of Ana:

Long before I started hemorrhaging money for guns, I was spending like crazy on photo gear....

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." - Richard Dawkins

Dude, only you could make measuring spoons look badass, well done!

ETA: And yes, moar girlies!
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Quote Originally Posted by Caboose View Post
    Dude, only you could make measuring spoons look badass, well done!

ETA: And yes, moar girlies!
    I can't take all the credit—those are tactical measuring spoons, so they look more badass than the kind most people have in their kitchens.

Yep, they double as deadly wepaons, only a master like Willis or Statham can use... :bow:

But in all seriousness, the flowers actually hit a chord for me, my 13 year old daughter is getting into photography, and flowers are her favorite subject. She keeps a little nikon digital camera with her all the time, and is constantly snapping pictures of the flowers she sees. Now mind you, I'm her dad, but her pictures really are pretty darn good! I'm going to show her yours, and there's no doubt she'll be inspired, especially the one with the bee, she's been trying to nab one of those, but so far has been unsuccessful.

Again, thanks Phil for all the neat stuff you're sharing!

-Guy
    Illegitimus non Carborendum

Quote Originally Posted by copter976 View Post
    Yep, they double as deadly wepaons, only a master like Willis or Statham can use... :bow:

But in all seriousness, the flowers actually hit a chord for me, my 13 year old daughter is getting into photography, and flowers are her favorite subject. She keeps a little nikon digital camera with her all the time, and is constantly snapping pictures of the flowers she sees. Now mind you, I'm her dad, but her pictures really are pretty darn good! I'm going to show her yours, and there's no doubt she'll be inspired,
    especially the one with the bee, she's been trying to nab one of those, but so fa has been unsuccessful.

Again, thanks Phil for all the neat stuff you're sharing!

-Guy[/i]
    If you're comfortable with the idea of her having an online profile on one of the many photography-related sites, you should encourage her to share her work with other photographers and ask them for honest critique. Or just browse (no profile required) and read what they say about other photos to learn what it is that makes the best shots really stand out. My favorite site is fredmiranda.com. There are lots of really advanced amateurs and professionals and many of them are more than willing to help people learn the ropes of photography. My skills with a camera never progressed as quickly as when I started getting real feedback and what was right or wrong with my work.

That's great, thanks!! I'll have her pull some sites up tonight and we'll look into it!
    Illegitimus non Carborendum

Quote Originally Posted by copter976 View Post
    That's great, thanks!! I'll have her pull some sites up tonight and we'll look into it!
    One more thing: If she's interested later on in taking pictures of your family doing things around the house, encourage it instead of shying away from the camera. Some of my favorite photos are of my folks just doing whatever instead of the posed pictures that we all have in our family albums. The candid stuff is always more interesting.

Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Sponsors