Phil's Photo Thread (NSFW) - Page 13
Like Tree50Likes
Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil's Photo Thread (NSFW)

Re: Phil's Photo Thread (NSFW)

Man, that is so funny you brought that up. She likes to snap pictures of everyone doing "stuff"...
    Illegitimus non Carborendum

Never underestimate the power of makeup and lighting.

This was during a shoot for a startup makeover company in Miami. Paola (one of the models I've shared in this thread) was going to begin her own company and wanted to get a bunch of models into my studio for some "before and after" type shots that she could use on the web site for her company. When the girls came in, I shot them in conditions that were intentionally unflattering (and we told them to show up with no makeup). Then, after a few minutes in the makeup chair, I shot a bunch of "after" pictures that would show the results of a professional makeover.

I was so pleased to get a redhead into the studio and Ashley's eyes were the icing on the cake. Before the makeup and hairdo, she was cute, but after the girls got done with her she was a stunner. The addition of some good lighting and angles completed the effect.

As big a difference as that made, it was nothing compared to Jessica's transformation. We were all a little shocked when she walked in without makeup, but it didn't take long for the girls to make her look like a movie star.

Long before I started hemorrhaging money for guns, I was spending like crazy on photo gear....
    Click here to visit my photography web site.

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." - Richard Dawkins

PD,

I appreciate all of your work.... Yes I like the beaches and babes the most... However I really like your skylines and your beach sunsets too. When funds are little more available I plan to get a new digi video camera and do some of my own work. Nothing to the degree that you... I am a lighting designer too so I know how much work goes into setting up just for the lighting....

Thank you,
    Dredd
    'Courage is not the absences of fear, its the taking of action in the presences of fear."

Quote Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
    PD,

I appreciate all of your work.... Yes I like the beaches and babes the most... However I really like your skylines and your beach sunsets too. When funds are little more available I plan to get a new digi video camera and do some of my own work. Nothing to the degree that you... I am a lighting designer too so I know how much work goes into setting up just for the lighting....

Thank you,
    Dredd
    Again, I thank you.

I hope you don't mind a few gun pictures....

Springfield Armory XD45 Compact:

I'm pretty sure I don't have to tell anyone here what rifle this is:

XD45 Compact Tactical:

Recent shot of the XCR with my new paint job. More on the paint in the "Painted XCRs" thread:

Long before I started hemorrhaging money for guns, I was spending like crazy on photo gear....

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." - Richard Dawkins

A couple of these I've posted before, but not on this thread.

Krista:

Another of Maggie in the "rain." A trick I've used a few times is placing a garden hose in my back yard with the nozzle spraying nearly straight up so the water comes down a few feet away. First thing in the morning is best so there is little wind to blow the stream all over the yard. I also set up a silver reflector towards the model's face with the sun behind her. This way I don't have to set up any electrical equipment in the wet yard, but it also allowed me to use a relatively slow shutter to get the long streaks of rain instead of little frozen drops of water in the air:

And three of Vanessa:

If I had to pick a favorite "theme" to make a "collection" it would definitely be "topless girls in the rain/garden hose spray".

Ashley lost all her freckles! Where'd they go!?

"Because of my wartime experience, I am insistent on the point that logistics know-how must be maintained, that logistic is second to nothing in importance in warfare, that logistic training must be widespread and thorough..."
    - VADM Robert B. Carney, USN

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx6 View Post
    If I had to pick a favorite "theme" to make a "collection" it would definitely be "topless girls in the rain/garden hose spray".

Ashley lost all her freckles! Where'd they go!?

Yes, I know! I was pretty disappointed that her makeup covered the freckles, but I wasn't in charge for that shoot. The photos were left to me, but the makeup was completely out of my control. On any of my other shoots I have the freedom to tell the models exactly what I want to see.

really like the pics. please keep up the good work. i wish i could take pics like that. 2 questions, what kind of magazine are you using in the xd45 and what type of hand grip do you have on your xcr?

I don't have any hot chick pictures, and I'm definitely a hobbyist dabbler, but it's hard to take a bad picture of this.

That guy, he said I should be oblong and have my knees removed. But I don't trust him, he plays the banjo.

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    really like the pics. please keep up the good work. i wish i could take pics like that. 2 questions, what kind of magazine are you using in the xd45 and what type of hand grip do you have on your xcr?
    The mag is a standard 13-round SAXD magazine with the XD Gear extension for the Compact pistol. I already owned a 4" Compact and when Springfield announced the 5" Compact model I bought it so I could use any of my 10- or 13-round mags in either gun.

The pistol grip on the XCR is a CAA UPG16 model and I love it. It comes with three finger groove choices and three back strap choices. It also has storage in the grip, but I found the door so hard to remove that I just left it off. It's very comfortable to shoot with.

Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Sponsors