Phil's Photo Thread (NSFW) - Page 51
Like Tree52Likes
Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil's Photo Thread (NSFW)

I’m so sorry that I haven’t updated this thread in a while. I’ll make up for it tonight. Promise.

First of all, I had to get a regular job. I hate it. It takes away from the time I could spend behind my camera and, more importantly, keeps me from working on my motorhome conversion. But, it does provide a regular, meager source of income. The photography just wasn’t paying the bills.

A few weeks back, I was strolling around downtown Ocala and saw a very attractive woman wearing an interesting outfit that seemed to say she was a bit of an extrovert and it showed off her amazing belly. I approached her and asked if she had ever done any fitness modeling. She had not, but was possibly interested in doing some modeling. I gave her my card and we discussed what I do and I answered some of her questions. A few days later, she contacted me and we made plans to meet at the train station for some test shots. Here’s a few samples:

She loved the images and we decided that we were going to work on something a little more risky. She loves taking chances and hates limits, so when I suggested we shoot some nudes at a local park, she was game.

We met with the intent of shooting inside a small cave entrance, but the water level at the opening was too deep for me and my gear, and it was certainly too cold to be wading through in waist-deep water. We scouted a few alternate locations at the park and found some really nice angles. By the time we started, no one else was around and she was willing to get naked and pose for me, eventually even getting in the cold water for several shots.

I’ll link to them instead of sharing them inline, but these are definitely NOT SAFE FOR WORK:

Victoria 1
    Victoria 2
    Victoria 3
    Victoria 4
    Victoria 5
    Merlin and Loonster like this.
    Long before I started hemorrhaging money for guns, I was spending like crazy on photo gear....
    Click here to visit my photography web site.

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." - Richard Dawkins

Damn PD, back with a BANG!Name:  booby-wiggle.gif
Views: 312
Size:  666 Bytes

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Damn PD, back with a BANG!Name:  booby-wiggle.gif
Views: 312
Size:  666 Bytes
    Hehe.
    Long before I started hemorrhaging money for guns, I was spending like crazy on photo gear....

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." - Richard Dawkins

Almost forgot: My girlfriend and I were driving past the Ocala water tower and I noticed a crew painting the tank at the top. I said, “Oh, I have to get a picture of that,” and pulled over to take a few shots. (This is why I always have my camera with me.)

I walked up and talked to the ground crew as I took a few frames and noticed a small, round window at the top of the “stem” just under the tank. I wondered aloud, “What are the chances I could get a few shots from that window?” The response was totally unexpected: “I guess we could harness you up and let you climb the ladder.” I contained my shock (this idea would never fly in my hometown of Miami!) and surmised the best time of day to get a picture of the crew working aloft. Later that week, I returned ready to climb the 150 or so feet to the top of the stem.

(Even more amazing was on the day I returned, the painting contractors’ boss showed up and not only did he not put the kibosh on my plan, he was enthusiastic about getting copies of the photos for his company’s archives! Sweet!)

On with the show. No nudes this time.

Wide-angle shot of the tower:

You can see the little window just under the tank:

Inside the base. The equipment here is mostly electronics for the mobile phone array on the top of the tank. The skinny ladder in the back goes up through a hole to a platform at about 50 feet and continues to the room at the bottom of the tank.

This is the view from the room under the tank, looking down the ladder. I was attached with a harness and an ascender device to the cable that runs parallel to the ladder and is unrestricted all the way to the bottom. Going up was easy—going down was frustrating as I had to use one hand to release the ascender every two ladder rungs.

The ceiling here is the bottom of the water tank. The round window looks out over southeastern Ocala and was about 20 inches in diameter. The ladder on the left goes through the center of the water tank to the roof. I didn’t go up there.

This is the view looking down on NE 8th Ave. You can bet I had my camera strap tight around my neck for these shots. The ropes at upper-left are dangling from the painting platform.

Finally, the shot I went up for. I would have preferred fewer clouds, but it was still a nice view. The cultural director for the city bought a framed print of this shot as a gift for the manager of the water and sewer department.

Bonnie Chunn and Chad Tilden taking turns painting the Ocala water tower on NE 8th Avenue, October 2013

The picture of the fellows painting with the sky in the back ground is amazing. It is so surreal. The lady looks very nice, too. Welcome back.

The pictures of the young lady look like something out of a Boris Vallejo drawing. Personally, I more of a Frazetta drawing kind of person, but none the less, very nice.

Wow!! Talk about vertigo.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Great photos of the water tower. I was always curious about what was inside those towers. Interesting to see the pipes, wiring and service access. The "money" shot of the painters suspended in air with the sky and distant horizon is one a lot of people would want enlarged and framed. That photo is in the same class as the old (1930's?) photo of the skyscraper workers having their lunch on an i-beam over New York.

Hard to believe, in this age of liability insurance and lawsuits, that you ever got a "yes, come on up."

I'm glad you got some great pics - and I do mean GREAT pics (like the other guys, I'm amazed you got the invite to harness up and go!)
    Even moreso, I'm glad you're healthy and still around ;-)
    Dude, you've got real talent, but don't just come around when you've got nifty pics. Not often enough.
    Or! Come around more often WITH pics! HA!
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

I admire your talent. I also admire the quadriceps on your model. always was a leg man.

Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Sponsors