Phil's Photo Thread (NSFW) - Page 52
Like Tree50Likes
Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil's Photo Thread (NSFW)

Quote Originally Posted by mjorin View Post
    The pictures of the young lady look like something out of a Boris Vallejo drawing. Personally, I more of a Frazetta drawing kind of person, but none the less, very nice.
    I agree. Frazetta was a much better artist.

Have you seen the documentary “Frazetta: Painting With Fire”? It’s sometimes available on YouTube if you can’t find it elsewhere and I recommend it to any fan of the man’s work.
    Long before I started hemorrhaging money for guns, I was spending like crazy on photo gear....
    Click here to visit my photography web site.

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." - Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by crusoe View Post
    Great photos of the water tower. I was always curious about what was inside those towers. Interesting to see the pipes, wiring and service access. The "money" shot of the painters suspended in air with the sky and distant horizon is one a lot of people would want enlarged and framed. That photo is in the same class as the old (1930's?) photo of the skyscraper workers having their lunch on an i-beam over New York.

Hard to believe, in this age of liability insurance and lawsuits, that you ever got a "yes, come on up."
    I could hardly believe they let me up there. Just letting me on that ladder seems like a huge liability, but I guess people here in Ocala have a greater sense of personal responsibility. I like that and I wish it was more common.

I’m thinking of having a very large print made of that final image. It has so much detail that it would withstand an enlargement up to about four feet high, depending on the viewing distance. In fact, I’m scheduled to have about a half dozen of my prints on exhibit in Ocala City Hall starting next month and they would like to have one very large print for the waiting area. Maybe that will be the one.
    Long before I started hemorrhaging money for guns, I was spending like crazy on photo gear....

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." - Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Big Muddy View Post
    I admire your talent. I also admire the quadriceps on your model. always was a leg man.
    One (or two) of the things I noticed about her that first night in Ocala.

Quote Originally Posted by PDBreske View Post
    I agree. Frazetta was a much better artist.

Have you seen the documentary “Frazetta: Painting With Fire”? It’s sometimes available on YouTube if you can’t find it elsewhere and I recommend it to any fan of the man’s work.
    I have watched that documentary twice and I don't watch T.V. Have you seen the animated film Fire and Ice--Frazetta and Bakshi? Animation over live film--very cool. My favorite drawing by Frazetta is "The Giantess".

Quote Originally Posted by mjorin View Post
    I have watched that documentary twice and I don't watch T.V. Have you seen the animated film Fire and Ice--Frazetta and Bakshi? Animation over live film--very cool. My favorite drawing by Frazetta is "The Giantess".
    I have seen the movie, though not in many years. One of my favorite parts of the Frazetta documentary was one of the makers of the movie reminiscing about the other animators being reduced to whimpering babies in Frazetta’s presence: “I can’t draw! He’s too good!” Hilarious!

Is this the piece you were referring to?
    jro1 likes this.

That is the piece-a true work of art. I love the gawking cow.

Yesterday was mixed. I started out with an early morning drive to look for photo opportunities, then went home and took a nap for a couple hours. After lunch I was feeling fine, but then had a sudden, violent attack of ... well, let’s just say I was in the bathroom for a while. And then I started vomiting every hour until midnight. It was pretty grim. I was this close to going to the local ER, but the last episode at the turn of the new year was just dry heaves and I was able to keep down a glass of water and get some sleep. I’m still sore all over.

Anyway, I did get this in the morning:

White horse, Ocala, December 2013

Frank frazetta is one of my favorites, I have a few of his coffe table books, i remember watching fire and ice when i was younger, still a crazy movie!
    Quote Originally Posted by PDBreske View Post
    I have seen the movie, though not in many years. One of my favorite parts of the Frazetta documentary was one of the makers of the movie reminiscing about the other animators being reduced to whimpering babies in Frazetta’s presence: “I can’t draw! He’s too good!” Hilarious!

Is this the piece you were referring to?
    "A man can fall many times, but he is never a failure until he refuses to get back up again"

"If it's registered, they will come!"

"A man only needs to know one thing in life, and that is to know the rite people!"

Ive been busy lately, so I’ve plenty to share....

Made these last week after breakfast. I was feeling extra froggy, so I drove a short distance into the forest and hiked a path along the river looking for photos. It was very cold and wet and I kept tripping on little cypress knees all over the place, but I loved being out in the woods with no one around and a light mist dripping through the trees.

Cypress knees on the Ocklawaha River #6, Ocala, January 2014

Foot trail along the Ocklawaha River, Ocala, January 2014

Cypress tree and knees on the Ocklawaha River #4, Ocala, January 2014

Cypress knees on the Ocklawaha River #3, Ocala, January 2014

A couple days ago we had fog all over Ocala starting just after sunset and getting heavier through the night. By midnight it was pretty thick, so I drove around looking for interesting scenes:

Fog in downtown Ocala, February 2014

Marion Theater in fog, Ocala, February 2014

Fog at Union Station, Ocala, February 2014

Fog at Union Station platform, Ocala, February 2014

In this 20-second exposure, the train is just a blur as it passes the station:

Train moving through Union Station, Ocala, February 2014

Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Sponsors