Phil's Photo Thread (NSFW) - Page 61
Like Tree50Likes
Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 LastLast

Thread: Phil's Photo Thread (NSFW)

I have noticed a definite lack of realism in auto ads nowadays. By that I mean, the cars are too perfect. Too smooth. Too free of the small defects that are present on anything made by man. No car ever made has a door panel that reflects the environment as perfectly as what you see in modern ads. Look at the reflected lines in the ad above. Even the glass windows on a real car aren't capable of such precision. But computers are incapable of delivering the kind of imprecise geometry that naturally occurs when metals, glass, and textiles are heated, cooled, cut, shaped, and stitched. And you know that no marketing exec can justify spending extra money to make something look worse than it could, so you get these unnatural-looking automobiles that reflect only what a designer has in his head, rather than what an engineer can produce.
    Long before I started hemorrhaging money for guns, I was spending like crazy on photo gear....
    Click here to visit my photography web site.

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." - Richard Dawkins

Some random women I saw in downtown Ocala:

Danielle on her phone

Tamara's shoes
    Long before I started hemorrhaging money for guns, I was spending like crazy on photo gear....

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." - Richard Dawkins

Storm clouds brewing near Tampa:

There is a system of collapsed caves near Lecanto, FL that I have wanted to shoot in for years. When a model friend of mine announced she would be visiting friends of hers in Orlando and in Clearwater, I asked if she would like to meet me in between and shoot in Dames Cave. More (including nudes, for those of you who like the curvy girls) on my web site.

Krista in Dames Cave, Lecanto

Krista in Dames Cave #3, Lecanto

Looking out through the cave entrance

Quote Originally Posted by PDBreske View Post
    I have noticed a definite lack of realism in auto ads nowadays. By that I mean, the cars are too perfect. Too smooth. Too free of the small defects that are present on anything made by man. No car ever made has a door panel that reflects the environment as perfectly as what you see in modern ads. Look at the reflected lines in the ad above. Even the glass windows on a real car aren't capable of such precision. But computers are incapable of delivering the kind of imprecise geometry that naturally occurs when metals, glass, and textiles are heated, cooled, cut, shaped, and stitched. And you know that no marketing exec can justify spending extra money to make something look worse than it could, so you get these unnatural-looking automobiles that reflect only what a designer has in his head, rather than what an engineer can produce.
    There is a definite lack of realism. If there is any, it's hyper-realism as you mentioned. The former is due to the fact that most ad agencies and art directors do not spend the time to craft the finer details when they direct retouching. Computers can do a damn good job and are getting better all the time, but there are limits. The later is due to creative license, done to evoke an emotion response in the audience.

The reason the automotive industry is moving to CG is because:
    1. It costs a lot of money to shoot a real car
    2. Logistics. Because of the marketing cycle, and vehicle R&D time, there often are no actual cars available to shoot. When the shoots are scheduled to take place, if there are any cars available at all, there are usually less than a handful in existence world wide. And, more likely than not, none of them are in production spec and are being used for testing and engineering calibrations.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Hi all! I apologize for the lack of new photos. I'll try to do better. I've recently changed my web site hosting service (again) and I can share nudes and anything else without worrying about being shut down. Of course, this also means some of the photos are Not Safe For Work, so think before visiting during your lunch break.

A lot has happened since I posted here last. I now own a home in Belleview, FL (since October 2016) and share it with my best friend. We're like an old married couple, expect we're not married and we're not a couple. LOL. Two things: We never argue about anything and she bakes, so there is nothing to complain about. (Man, I love me some fresh-baked bread.) When I started looking for a new place to live, we decided to share a place and split all the bills. Since she had been renting, her share of the mortgage was going to be a lot less than her rent, and splitting the mortgage with her keeps my costs to a minimum. Other than the fact that we don't have sex, this might be the best relationship ever.

But you're not here for all that crap. I know what you came to see....

One day last year, I was driving past the local mall and noticed a girl on a motorcycle going in the opposite direction. I turned around and followed her into the mall parking lot and introduced myself. I asked if she had done any modeling and she said she had done some, but was thinking about getting more into it. I gave her my card and a couple weeks later she contacted me. We scheduled a shoot in a garage and then last week we shot some more in a cave/sinkhole near Lecanto, FL. These are samples from both shoots:

Merlin likes this.

Welcome back PD!! You will notice it has changed some around here........

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Welcome back PD!! You will notice it has changed some around here........
    Thanks! I'll have to look around to see what's new. I'll explore later today....

A few months ago, I made a pilgrimage to my hometown of Miami for a week at my brother's place. I spent every day out with my camera and made what I think are lots of great photos. Here's a few of them:

Some art deco architecture in Miami Beach:

Sunrise as seen from South Point Park in South Beach:

South Point Fishing Pier with morning walker:

Some new construction in downtown Miami:

A view of Island Gardens Deep Harbour Marina with downtown Miami in the background:

Sunset on Florida Bay from Flamingo in the Florida Everglades:
    Merlin likes this.

North Miami Beach is the current home of an ancient Spanish Monastery that was originally built in the 12th century. In 1925, it was bought by Randolph Hurst and disassembled carefully before being brought back to the USA in over 11,000 boxes. When it arrived in the 'States, the Department of Agriculture, during a hoof-and-mouth scare, ordered all the packing materials burned. Unfortunately, all the lists of contents were also destroyed. The bricks sat for decades and were sold a few times before finally being assembled painstakingly over 19 months in their current location where it has become a museum and an active congregation, the Church of St. Bernard de Clairvaux. It's open daily for self-guided tours and photos, although they do charge a hefty fee for "professional commercial" photography (which apparently is only when you bring in someone who looks and is dressed like a model).

Merlin and Loonster like this.

Sponsors