Phil's Photo Thread (NSFW) - Page 63
Like Tree43Likes
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263

Thread: Phil's Photo Thread (NSFW)

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I was just thinking this morning that we have not heard from you in awhile. Good to see that you posted these.
    Yeah, well, here's the thing. My camera died last night. Hard. The shutter snapped and pieces of it are completely blocking even slight movement of the mechanism. So I'm in the process of finding out how much it will cost to get it fixed, or whether my insurance will cover at least part of the cost of a replacement. A replacement camera would be nice, but not necessary as I'm very happy with everything this one has done for me. I just need something so I can get back to work.
    Long before I started hemorrhaging money for guns, I was spending like crazy on photo gear....
    Click here to visit my photography web site.

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." - Richard Dawkins

On the way back home, while passing through Tennessee, we saw many signs for Ruby Falls. The trouble was all the signs showed photos of the falls with this garish purple and blue lighting under and around the water. It seemed really tourist-y and when we checked the web for info, the cost to take a tour (no self-guided options available), it was pretty pricey. I asked Ruth to search for waterfalls near Chattanooga and she found a little spot off the beaten path with no restrictions on where you can go during your visit. Perfect! Unfortunately, it was getting late and by the time we arrived it was nearly sunset. Had I more time, I would have crawled down the side of the mountain for some shots up toward the top of the falls. Instead, you get to see the top of the cliff from a safe distance away from the edge. (Listen, carrying a 30-pound bag of equipment and a tripod is not conducive to confidence when scaling slippery rocks!)

Falling Water Creek:

Looking over the edge at Falling Water waterfall:
    Merlin likes this.
    Long before I started hemorrhaging money for guns, I was spending like crazy on photo gear....
    Click here to visit my photography web site.

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." - Richard Dawkins

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263

Sponsors