Phil's Photo Thread (NSFW) - Page 63
Like Tree50Likes
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263

Thread: Phil's Photo Thread (NSFW)

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I was just thinking this morning that we have not heard from you in awhile. Good to see that you posted these.
    Yeah, well, here's the thing. My camera died last night. Hard. The shutter snapped and pieces of it are completely blocking even slight movement of the mechanism. So I'm in the process of finding out how much it will cost to get it fixed, or whether my insurance will cover at least part of the cost of a replacement. A replacement camera would be nice, but not necessary as I'm very happy with everything this one has done for me. I just need something so I can get back to work.
    Long before I started hemorrhaging money for guns, I was spending like crazy on photo gear....
    Click here to visit my photography web site.

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." - Richard Dawkins

On the way back home, while passing through Tennessee, we saw many signs for Ruby Falls. The trouble was all the signs showed photos of the falls with this garish purple and blue lighting under and around the water. It seemed really tourist-y and when we checked the web for info, the cost to take a tour (no self-guided options available), it was pretty pricey. I asked Ruth to search for waterfalls near Chattanooga and she found a little spot off the beaten path with no restrictions on where you can go during your visit. Perfect! Unfortunately, it was getting late and by the time we arrived it was nearly sunset. Had I more time, I would have crawled down the side of the mountain for some shots up toward the top of the falls. Instead, you get to see the top of the cliff from a safe distance away from the edge. (Listen, carrying a 30-pound bag of equipment and a tripod is not conducive to confidence when scaling slippery rocks!)

Falling Water Creek:

Looking over the edge at Falling Water waterfall:
    Merlin likes this.
    Long before I started hemorrhaging money for guns, I was spending like crazy on photo gear....

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." - Richard Dawkins

I must apologize for my extended absence. I wish I could say I have good reasons for being away, but it's really just because I'm lazy.

Some news: We got a dog. My previous two dogs both died within months of each other a few years ago and it was very hard on me. I swore I was going to not get another pet for a long time, if ever. Then a neighborhood dog got loose and visited me in my garage when I was working on a project. She had no collar or visible ID, so I took her to the vet and had her scanned for a microchip, which they found. Unfortunately, the database had only out-of-date information, so I took the dog home and told the vet we would wait to see who comes around looking for the dog. That night, the owner did drive by the house and saw me with the dog, so she went home after only a few hours. It was kind of nice having the dog around (she was very friendly), so my wife suggested we take a look at the dog shelter to see what they had.

That weekend we met a beautiful black lab at the Humane Society and I was smitten. The dog had been adopted out once already, but that owner had small children and the dog was just too much for them to handle. He had been back at the HS for only two days and was still isolated from the rest of the dogs, so I think no one knew he was there if they hadn't visited the website before coming to the shelter. We inquired about him and spent a few minutes alone in a greeting room and I knew right away he was special. Very calm and friendly, even to other dogs and children. (Not so sure about cats.) We paid the puppy adoption fee (he was under a year old, so it was $20 more than an older dog) and had to wait a few days for a volunteer to come to our home and make sure it was a safe, reasonable place for a dog to live. After that, we bought him home and have been dealing with— ... loving every minute since then.

Let's face it: He's a handful. I've never had a dog that weighed more than about 40 pounds and Midnight was over 70 when he came into our home. That's a big change from what I was used to. And a lab puppy is full of energy, with the brute strength to knock down just about anyone who gets in his way. Happily, he loves everyone and just wants to play with other dogs, big or small. But he still hasn't leanrned that he's just too big to be a lap dog. LOL

He loves the water:

I had hoped he would bond with both my wife and I, but I spend all day alone with him and until a few days ago, he slept next to me on the bed. (Had to put an end to that.) Anyway, he is definitely my dog. He tolerates my wife and does occasionally lay next to her on the couch so she can love on him a bit, but if I've been out of the house for even a few minutes, he comes booming across the room to say hello when I walk in.

Merlin likes this.

Now, on to the topic that I know you want to see....

First, some music: Dan Signor is a local vocalist/guiter player/pianist and he's amazing. Puts on a great show every time I've seen him perform

Merlin and TexasChris like this.

A few clients who agreed to let me share some of their photos on my website:

Merlin likes this.

I believe I've shared images of Trixie before today. If not, visit the People gallery on my website to see more of her.

Trixie nude in warehouse 1

Trixie nude in warehouse 2

Some shots from Indian Lake State Forest:

Merlin likes this.

Some experimental macro photos of a Galileo thermometer:

Merlin and TexasChris like this.

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263

Sponsors