Phil's Photo Thread (NSFW) - Page 64
Like Tree51Likes
Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364

Thread: Phil's Photo Thread (NSFW)

My wife and I went to North Carolina to visit her mother and I managed to sneak out on my own a few times for some local photos.

These are two views of the upper Helton Creek Falls near Blairsville, Georgia:

And a couple of Bald River Falls near the Tellico River in Tennessee:

To get to Bald River Falls before the crowds, I left NC before dawn and took what I thought would be the easier and shorter of two routes. While the way I went was technically a shorter distance to drive, the road went over the top of a mountain and for a few miles was a single-lane dirt road with shear drops on one side of the road. Not that I could see the danger as I drove in the darkness, but as the light started to come up, my pucker level rose with it. Needless to say, I returned on the much longer route, albeit at higher average speeds and with little peril.
    Long before I started hemorrhaging money for guns, I was spending like crazy on photo gear....
    Click here to visit my photography web site.

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." - Richard Dawkins

Man, I'm a huge fan of all of your stuff and have been through your website(s) multiple times. You excel at capturing the feminine form but it's the faces man......it's the faces that keep me wondering. You choose the best people for portraits. Stories in those faces..... and they always read "happy to share." I've dabbled in photography, and one of the hardest parts of shooting faces is getting people to relax and just be, and for me it's people I know! It should be easy!.....it aint. How you get people you've only just met to let you pull a camera out and shoot them up close....that's the mystery. Whatever the gift is, you definitely have it.

Glad you dropped in, that you continue to share with all of us, and that you're still out there in the big adventure.

....and huge congratulations on getting married. That's rad. Wish years of happiness, health and all good things for yall.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasChris View Post
    Man, I'm a huge fan of all of your stuff and have been through your website(s) multiple times. You excel at capturing the feminine form but it's the faces man......it's the faces that keep me wondering. You choose the best people for portraits. Stories in those faces..... and they always read "happy to share." I've dabbled in photography, and one of the hardest parts of shooting faces is getting people to relax and just be, and for me it's people I know! It should be easy!.....it aint. How you get people you've only just met to let you pull a camera out and shoot them up close....that's the mystery. Whatever the gift is, you definitely have it.

Glad you dropped in, that you continue to share with all of us, and that you're still out there in the big adventure.

....and huge congratulations on getting married. That's rad. Wish years of happiness, health and all good things for yall.
    Thank you for the kind words. For some reason, people tend to open up and relax around me. There must be something I'm doing subliminally that gains their trust and lulls them into a sense of security.
    Long before I started hemorrhaging money for guns, I was spending like crazy on photo gear....
    Click here to visit my photography web site.

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." - Richard Dawkins

Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364

Sponsors