Phil's Photo Thread (NSFW) - Page 8
Like Tree52Likes
Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil's Photo Thread (NSFW)

Re: Phil's Photo Thread (NSFW)

For some reason, I find Age incredibly sexy. Maybe I have a thing for freckled noses too...
    Semper Fidelis

Quote Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
    PD,

Your new photo thread is the high light of my day. I am living in Cheyenne WY, where the high today was -2F... If its not cold there is the wind... or even better its cold and there is wind. The cold just seeps into my bones. After my teenage kids graduate from HS in 2014 I plan to move to warmer climes.. I keep repeating this mantra in my head and I have been doing this every year for the past 6 years especially in the winter:
    White sandy beaches...
    Crystal blue water...
    Palm trees rustling in the sea breeze...
    Fruity rum drinks with little umbrellas...
    Scantily clad women on my horizon....

For the past 16 years I have lived in the mountain west, CO, UT, and WY... I am originally from the central coast of CA... It seams only the stupid people out there make the laws so I can never go back and live in one of the most beautiful places on earth... The Gulf coast looks better and better every year.... If the USAF had not closed our base in the Philippines thats where I would have retire. I have been fortunate enough in my life to have been stationed in the tropics twice.... So I do have those memories to think upon when it really gets cold here.

So please keep posting them, especially the ones with the women in them... I can't think of anything better then a Hawaiian shirt, shorts, and flipflops as everyday wear.

Anyway thank you again... Your art is much appreciated...

Dredd
    Your kind words are much appreciated! I will continue to post as much as I can and I'll look through the archives for more beaches, warm water and women.
    Long before I started hemorrhaging money for guns, I was spending like crazy on photo gear....
    Click here to visit my photography web site.

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." - Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by SDDuc996 View Post
    These two are right up my alley.

Out of curiousity Phil, do you make your living as a photographer, or is it a hobby?
    And do you know what each of those women had to say to me when I asked if I could take their picture? (With a sweet little accent) "Oh, I'm not so photogenic, but thank you for saying so!"

I started taking pictures when I was a teen. My parents bought me a Minolta Maxxum 9000 for my fifteenth (I think) birthday. While I always had an interest in it, I never took it very seriously until about ten years ago. Up to that time I was the family member most likely to take pictures of other family members, but around 2001 I began getting serious with my first digital camera.

Over the next few years I taught myself everything I didn't know about photography and equipment. I shared my early photos with other photographers and got some much-needed and honest feedback on what I could do better. I think I've become a pretty good technician, but I still recognize that there are a lot of great photographers who have an innate eye for the artistic side of photography. I think my style (if indeed, I have one) appeals to more people than would something with more emotion or drama, but I'm happy when I'm shooting and that, to me, is more important than what anyone else thinks of my work.

In answer to your question, I'm just starting to attempt to do this for a living. I suppose I could eek out an existence by working in a photo studio at the mall, taking pictures of kids and newlyweds, but the idea of it sickens me, so I've decided that I'll be happy and hungry instead of comfortable and sad.

And in the back of my mind I have this idea that maybe, one day, I'll be recognized as a genius and people will flock to buy my photos for exorbitant amounts of money.
    Long before I started hemorrhaging money for guns, I was spending like crazy on photo gear....

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." - Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Cid1911 View Post
    For some reason, I find Age incredibly sexy. Maybe I have a thing for freckled noses too...
    I agree!

I offered to send her a copy of the photo and she gave me her name and email address. Being the perv— ... inquisitive person that I am, I googled her and found she is from Estonia. Obviously, I couldn't read all that I found, but I think I found her high school yearbook pictures and maybe even some news stories about something she may or may not have done to earn a few minutes of fame. Or something like that.

[And in the back of my mind I have this idea that maybe, one day, I'll be recognized as a genius and people will flock to buy my photos for exorbitant amounts of money.
    [/quote]

I understand that you have to make a living.. Hopefully your pictures won't cost too much... I guess the old idea is true that only the rich can appreciate art.... ;D

I am really surprised that you are not making a living with your camera... That you have not been tapped by some of the magazines out there (I don't mean Playboy or Maxim), or even some fashion designers.. Isn't Miami one of the places that hosts a fashion show every year, right up there with NYC, Paris, and Milan?????

Shows you what I know about fashion, jeans and T-shirt kind of guy that buys most of my fashion at the local Army-Navy store... ;D
    'Courage is not the absences of fear, its the taking of action in the presences of fear."

Quote Originally Posted by PDBreske View Post
    I agree!

I offered to send her a copy of the photo and she gave me her name and email address. Being the perv— ... inquisitive person that I am, I googled her and found she is from Estonia. Obviously, I couldn't read all that I found, but I think I found her high school yearbook pictures and maybe even some news stories about something she may or may not have done to earn a few minutes of fame. Or something like that.
    Did she have a really sexy eastern european accent? I find such accents irresistable.
    Semper Fidelis

Quote Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
    I understand that you have to make a living.. Hopefully your pictures won't cost too much... I guess the old idea is true that only the rich can appreciate art.... ;D

I am really surprised that you are not making a living with your camera... That you have not been tapped by some of the magazines out there (I don't mean Playboy or Maxim), or even some fashion designers.. Isn't Miami one of the places that hosts a fashion show every year, right up there with NYC, Paris, and Milan?????

Shows you what I know about fashion, jeans and T-shirt kind of guy that buys most of my fashion at the local Army-Navy store... ;D
    The trouble with being a photographer nowadays is twofold. First, everyone has a camera in their pocket. Second, people are used to mediocrity and will settle for "good enough" (free) instead of "the best" (expensive). Free trumps not-free every time.

Did she have a really sexy eastern european accent? I find such accents irresistable.
    Indeed, she did. It was intoxicating.

Katherine is another of the girls I worked with when I was just starting to shoot professional models (or those who want to be professional models). We worked together one time and that was enough for me. She is quite pretty and she had beautiful long hair, but what a pain in the ass to work with. Ugh! Never again.

I wanted to find some more tropical beach pictures for Dredd.

PD,

Just to let you know, its now snowing up here Cheyenne but it warmed up to 32F... Beaches and beautiful women, dark hair and bright eyes... My favorite combination... Thank you very much for honoring my request...

Anyway have a good day....

Again thank you....

Dredd
    'Courage is not the absences of fear, its the taking of action in the presences of fear."

Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Sponsors