Phil's Photo Thread (NSFW) - Page 9
Like Tree52Likes
Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil's Photo Thread (NSFW)

Re: Phil's Photo Thread (NSFW)

Phil, I just wanted to thank you for this thread.

Your photos are great, and the information/tips you've provided are even better.

For someone like myself who's had an interest in photography for a number of years now but never took the plunge to really get into it, it's inspiring to see the level you're at in about a decade of serious work.

I'd been toying with the idea of picking up a DSLR, but now I think I'll dig out my point & shoot and do some experimenting with it, first. I know it has quite a few non-automatic functions I can play with, so maybe that'll be a good place to start.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!
    "Thank you for helping us help you help us all."

Quote Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
    PD,

Just to let you know, its now snowing up here Cheyenne but it warmed up to 32F... Beaches and beautiful women, dark hair and bright eyes... My favorite combination... Thank you very much for honoring my request...

Anyway have a good day....

Again thank you....

Dredd
    32°F? A heat wave!
    Long before I started hemorrhaging money for guns, I was spending like crazy on photo gear....
    Click here to visit my photography web site.

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." - Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Ashraam View Post
    Phil, I just wanted to thank you for this thread.

Your photos are great, and the information/tips you've provided are even better.

For someone like myself who's had an interest in photography for a number of years now but never took the plunge to really get into it, it's inspiring to see the level you're at in about a decade of serious work.

I'd been toying with the idea of picking up a DSLR, but now I think I'll dig out my point & shoot and do some experimenting with it, first. I know it has quite a few non-automatic functions I can play with, so maybe that'll be a good place to start.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!
    That's a great idea. My first digital camera was a relatively inexpensive "compact zoom" that I bought after seeing some examples taken by a friend with the same camera. I knew then that digital would soon resolve better than film, so I wanted to get my feet wet without spending too much.

I still have that camera and it still takes wonderful photos. It was only when my needs started to exceed the abilities of the camera that I decided to buy a SLR. The biggest thing was the camera's "lock time," which is just like a gun's in that it represents the time between pressing the shutter release and making the exposure. The early digital camera took too long and I was missing shots too frequently. A SLR solves that problem.

More modern compact zooms and even some point-and-shoots have very quick lock times in addition to being better in just about every way. If your camera is less than five years old I see no reason to upgrade, and even an older model may suit all your current needs.

The worst reason to buy a new camera is if you think it will make your pictures look better. That comes only from experience.
    Long before I started hemorrhaging money for guns, I was spending like crazy on photo gear....

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." - Richard Dawkins

Hot off the press!

I went for a drive in the woods today and brought my camera ... just in case.

Evidence of a not-so-recent fire:

Who put that up there ... and why?

I guess that trail is closed:

The gems of the day. Sometimes driving toward nothing yields a reward:

Amazing.

I sometimes get on my wife for not bringing her camera when we go somewhere new.
    When she bitches she didn't bring it because, "OHHH! That would've made an awesome picture!!!" I just look at her stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by SDDuc996 View Post
    Amazing.

I sometimes get on my wife for not bringing her camera when we go somewhere new.
    When she bitches she didn't bring it because, "OHHH! That would've made an awesome picture!!!" I just look at her stupid.
    Last Saturday I went to a party way out in the middle of nowhere. I didn't want to leave my camera in the car unattended and didn't want to bring it inside, so I left it at home. What could happen at a party that I would need to take a picture of? Well, nothing, except that during the drive home I encountered mile after mile of dense fog so thick I had to drive 25 miles per hour. I passed a ton of great photo opportunities all along the way. That won't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by PDBreske View Post
    Amazing.

Last Saturday I went to a party way out in the middle of nowhere. I didn't want to leave my camera in the car unattended and didn't want to bring it inside, so I left it at home. What could happen at a party that I would need to take a picture of? Well, nothing, except that during the drive home I encountered mile after mile of dense fog so thick I had to drive 25 miles per hour. I passed a ton of great photo opportunities all along the way. That won't happen again.
    Great pics again, Phil. I've also thought about keeping a camera in the car for those kinds of opportunities. I think I'll do that this weekend!
    "Thank you for helping us help you help us all."

Amazing the similarities between the gun and the camera in this thread. In fact, when camping my buddy always refers to it as such so anyone who hears him reference it doesn't freak out. i.e. "Do you have your camera on you?"

You aim and shoot both

PD had wished it was in the car as an opportunity had presented itself. (Though if an opportunity presented itself to use the gun, it might not be a welcome one.)

And just because you have a camera/gun, doesn't mean you know how to use it.
    Case in point, I can take 30 pictures of one object and ALL would look like a blind
    squirrel took it.

Amazing the similarities between the gun and the camera in this thread. In fact, when camping my buddy always refers to it as such so anyone who hears him reference it doesn't freak out. i.e. [b]"Do you have your camera on you?"

You aim and shoot both

PD had wished it was in the car as an opportunity had presented itself. (Though if an opportunity presented itself to use the gun, it might not be a welcome one.)

And just because you have a camera/gun, doesn't mean you know how to use it.
    Case in point, I can take 30 pictures of one object and ALL would look like a blind
    squirrel took it.
    I like that. Although in my case it might be really confusing.

"Yes. Yes, I do. Wait ... what?"

I mentioned Maghela the other day. She and Dailyn work together as bartenders/dancers at the Spice Resto-Lounge in Fort Lauderdale (lots of hotties there; check it out if you're in the area) and after Dailyn showed some of her photos taken by me, Maggie also wanted some. Here are some samples:

Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Sponsors