One of our players signed with the Naval Academy today!!

Thread: One of our players signed with the Naval Academy today!!

One of our players signed with the Naval Academy today!!

As many of you know, I have been a volunteer coach of a youth football team for the past eight years. We've had a ton of really wonderful kids play for us. Today a kid who played for us in 2004 and 2005 signed a letter of intent to play football for Navy. All of us coaches are very proud of this young man. When he played for us he would thank each lineman for blocking for him after every td he scored. He finally chose Navy over West Point. His dad was a Marine and Jimmy hoped to follow in his dad's footsteps and also be a Marine pilot. Anyway, I kind of feel like a proud papa today. One of my friends that I coach with has a son who is a JR in hs in south Alabama. He will probably end up playing football at Auburn or Alabama. Do a YouTube search for Tyler Nero if u want to see s short highlight film of him. I'm an avid Razorback fan, but I'll be a Navy fan and maybe Auburn/Alabama for the next several years!

Re: One of our players signed with the Naval Academy today!!

Congrats to both kids, getting to play D1 football is quite an accomplishment few can claim.

Quote Originally Posted by EricCartmann View Post
    Congrats to both kids, getting to play D1 football is quite an accomplishment few can claim.
    Thanks. I'm just glad that both kids will be getting scholarships to college as a result of their hard work. Both kids are top five students in their class too!

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Please extend my hearty congratulations to both of these young men. It does my heart good to hear of that level of achievement. Especially in this day and age when society seeks to hold such fine youngsters back, by poo pooing there hard work in an effort to dim the shining example of their accomplishments so the lazy and inept won't feel bad about themselves. Like most of them care anyways.
    See you on the bounce

That is great news. Always nice to hear when hard work and dedication pay off. I spent a day up at Virginia Beach with some Navy guys, I was impressed with some of their operations. They treat officers a whole lot different and still hold true to their customs and courtesy's from the old days (wish the Army was the same).
    Don't confuse enthusiasm for competence

Want more grip for your M&P Pistol? Send me a message.

Quote Originally Posted by aziator View Post
    That is great news. Always nice to hear when hard work and dedication pay off. I spent a day up at Virginia Beach with some Navy guys, I was impressed with some of their operations. They treat officers a whole lot different and still hold true to their customs and courtesy's from the old days (wish the Army was the same).
    Congratualtions to him. I bet you're proud as hell!

While here, some of the guys made Chief (E7). They had to do their whole initiation here and finally came the day where they were pinned as USN Chiefs. There were a few retired Army guys who came along. Afterwards they complained bitterly the Army never had anything like that for them.

The Navy's definitely big on their tradtions.

Navy beat ND 2 years in a row now. To think ND get their choices of recruits, while the academies get's the bottom of the barrel.

I know how excited these kids must feel.

I never wished to be an officer, or to be a NAVY SEAL, but playing D1 college football is something I truly wished something I could have experienced. Of course continuing my (dream't up) awesome college career with a multi million dollar contract in the pros would have been better still, but beggars can't be choosers. Having my football career end at college would have been good enough for me.

Sponsors