9mm XCR Possible?

Thread: 9mm XCR Possible?

9mm XCR Possible?

I was watching the weekly "The Gun Collective" YT post last week. John had introduced a new mag insert for G2/3 PMags. Converting them to 9mm. Sooo with that, do you any of you think that Alex could be convinced to make a 9mm kit for the XCR????

I have just built a Quarter Circle 10 .45 ACP AR Pistol that uses Glock mags. I have built a QC10 AR 9mm lower that will use Glock mags,I am invested in my Glock platforms. However w/this magazine conversion kit I would do 9mm XCR...

Below is a post on TFB about this kit.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-56-magazines/
    'Courage is not the absences of fear, its the taking of action in the presences of fear."

There was a mention awhile back about a FB post from RA that mentioned a PCC. That's the only thing I've heard about it.

Thought this was an interesting take on the whole 9mm subgun thing (though the guys I know that are/were pointy tip of the spear guys say they don't want 9mm anything and opt for a rifle round out of a PDW sized package as the primary).

MY IMPRESSIONS OF THE EVO

MY IMPRESSIONS OF THE EVO

0714181138.jpg

I invented the Glock PDW. That is a point of history. But it is not "the one true ultimate weapon created by the god of war". I find the ongoing desire to get , just the one gun, as ridiculous. Ask me what the best gun is and i will ask you what you want it for. Just as knife is not better than a spoon and a spoon not better than a fork, it depends on what you are intending to do. Thus there is, as Musashi once wrote, a time and a place for each weapon. A learned warrior selects the one best suited for what he expects to face.

So now we discuss the SMG. Is it better than the Glock PDW? No. Is the Glock PDW better than the SMG? No. Ask me is anything is better than something else and I will again tell you the same answer. Define a mission and I will tell you what I would select to solve it. Mission first, weapon second. I have already written why there are plenty of times that a 9mm SMG will be a better choice than a 223. If you disagree, save yourself some aggravation and skip this entire post. I will add that the full size SMG has desirable attributes over a Glock PDW if concealment is not the first choice. As well, if a more general purpose application is desired.

After having worked extensively with the UZI system some years ago, as well as having put tens of thousands of rounds through the HK MP5 system, and more recently, the AR 9mm platforms, I will say that the CZ Scorpion out distances all of them.

The UZI was the best of its breed about a decade ago, but today it is an overweight granny compared to the modern systems. It is heavy and difficult to ad a light or an optic, and the new IWI versions are no different. The MP5 was a beauty in its day and I could write my name in full auto with one. But today, even the Pakistani and Turkish clones, are overly expensive and share the difficulty of accesorizing. It would not be a first choice for me, even with my history with the weapon.

The AR 9mm seems to be the focus of most of the industry. And why not...people seem to have grown tired of buying or building 5.56 versions so all the tooling can now be used to build 9mm versions. The issue with them is the design does not lend itself to a compact SMG. The buffer tube, a crucial part of the system, prevents a true folding system for the brace/stock. And I am well aware of the very well marketed LAW folders. However...they cannot be fired in a folded configuration and for me, knowing how SMGs are used, that is a deal breaker. As well, there are various custom one-offs that have been built here and there, but I am not interested in one-off systems with their finicky magazine, ammo, and replacement parts issues.

The AR 9mm, of any make, would not be my first choice either.

The Scorpion EVO answers many wants in an SMG. With the brace/stock folded, it is as compact as an MP5 or UMP, and far more compact than any AR 9mm, and only a little longer than an UZI. It is light and as handy as the MP5. It lends itself to individualization and addition of lights and optics (which are mandatory for a modern CQB weapon). It could benefit from a better trigger, a more MP5-esque magazine release, and a few other things (which we will no doubt be addressing soon), but the same can be said for any other SMG out there.

The magazines have received a bad rap, but honestly, unless you go out hammering nails with them, I don't see a problem. It is not an AK...but then again, neither is the AR. And the Glock 33 round mag is not the be-all-end-all magazine either. It is great for a pistol, to extend its stamina...but not a best choice for an SMG.

The grey one in the pics is mine. I added an RMR and a Surefire Scout light. I have a couple thousand rounds through it thusfar and like what I am seeing. More to follow.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Sponsors