Micro or Buried Mini?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Micro or Buried Mini?

Micro or Buried Mini?

I am a traveling salesman and could easily end up where I shouldn't be if I don't get an advance warning. So I was checking out the Sig MCX .300 Blk and then remembered that RA has a small package available. I already have several XCR-L's so I am very familiar with the system but none are pistols. I have standard rifles and a mini but have no experience with a micro. My mini is a registered SBR so I am not high on buying a kit and carrying it in a vehicle as I cross state lines regularly. So. . . the original question; a Micro or Buried Mini 7.5" barrel .300 BLK pistol? I look forward to your opinions to help me decide.
    When the difference between life and death is a matter of seconds, the police are only minutes away!
    (not knocking police, just gun grabbers)

Mini upper with the "micro" gas.

Micro upper isn't going to give you much handguard.

I've got a 6.75 mcx and the 7.5 xcr. Mcx is nice but I prefer my xcr. It tends to be a little more gassy though

I'd personally go buried mini....more HG space to mount shit and more room to grip without having to choke up on it. The extra bit of HG won't be an appreciable weight gain. Longer sight radius if you ever have to go to your BUIS too.

The new slimmer profile Tailhook braces are really nice.

.300 BLK out of a 7.5" should still pack a punch.

Personally, I think it's a great choice.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    I'd personally go buried mini....more HG space to mount shit and more room to grip without having to choke up on it. The extra bit of HG won't be an appreciable weight gain. Longer sight radius if you ever have to go to your BUIS too.

The new slimmer profile Tailhook braces are really nice.

.300 BLK out of a 7.5" should still pack a punch.

Personally, I think it's a great choice.
    I agree!
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

I've got a 7.5" 300blk mini mlok upper with tail hook brace that should be shipping shortly.

Gentlemen,
    Thank you for the replies! Your answers are what I suspected but I had to ask because I have never handled a Micro XCR-L. I wanted to be sure that there was not something I was missing or not informed about. I am heading to the Robinson sight now. If I don't get it before the election (probably not) I do have my 10" barrel AR pistol and my Glock 19.
    Thanks again!
    When the difference between life and death is a matter of seconds, the police are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Col Maddog View Post
    Gentlemen,
    Thank you for the replies! Your answers are what I suspected but I had to ask because I have never handled a Micro XCR-L. I wanted to be sure that there was not something I was missing or not informed about. I am heading to the Robinson sight now. If I don't get it before the election (probably not) I do have my 10" barrel AR pistol and my Glock 19.
    Thanks again!
    See post 5. I'm right at my 8 weeks of 6-8 from Robinson for a 300blk pistol to ship to me.

I have the micro pistol with tailhook brace and Blackout and 5.56 bbls, both 7.5”. No problem with handling or holding. I like the exposed gas block for easy gas setting changes...needs more or less gas depending upon the temperature. I do have linear comps on both bbls. One can see where the 5.56 is eating away at the Kaw Valley linear comp...interesting, but no big deal to me. It makes for a nice tidy package to carry when I take the goat herd outside the fenced pasture for browsing (feral dogs and coyotes). 1x dot sight mounted. A joy to shoot, I’mMicro or Buried Mini?-37324ba2-4af0-4bf8-8256-6dafd21aaf11.jpeg up to about 3000 rounds total fired. 1 flawed extractor replaced free from RA. 1 firing pin broken out of warranty. In this pic the 5.56 bbl is installed.

Whole Bunches; I plan to run supersonic rounds while in the vehicle so quick gas adjustability was below a longer handguard on the list for me. Due to my astigmatism I like the spitfire or other optics with the adjustable diopter.

Ah astigmatism. I also have that, although much improved after cataract surgery. I HIGHLY recommend the Spitfire for astigmatism, 1x or 3x. 1) Adjustable ocular lens so the reticle can be focused for Your eyes. 2) Reticle is etched on the glass, so no dot "floating" in space and showing good old "cluster of grapes" or rays of light shooting out due to astigmatism (I normally use mine with illumination turned off).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors