The Perfect Steak - Cartmann Style - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Perfect Steak - Cartmann Style

Re: The Perfect Steak - Cartmann Style

Hey, that is the same steak setup that Gabe Suarez uses. ;D
    Visit Minute of Angle Forums
    A truth’s initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Difranco View Post
    Hey, that is the same steak setup that Gabe Suarez uses. ;D
    Gabe is da man! He told me he fed his Columbian Assassin steaks.

Cast Iron for sure! I like to coarse grind some Old Thompson 3 pepper blend on the steak or crush lots of whole pepper on the board and press that into the steak while it warms up. I don't salt til the steak is plated.

I rub the skillet with a cut piece of garlic, heat it up, then add butter. When butter subsides bubbling, I throw on the steak. Check the clock and wait for 3 minutes to elapse then tong it over to the other side. At the end of that 3 I throw on a shot of brandy or cognac. Ignite it and take the steak off when the flame goes out. I have some shallot or minced green onion ready. Turn the heat down to medium throw in the onion. Shake it or wooden paddle it around then immediately add about a quarter cup of chardonnay or sauvinon blanc. Scrape everything around with the paddle again as the jus reduces. Throw that on the resting steak. A nice baked Idaho oiled and coated with smoked paprika or my
    frites and a salad. Good to go!
    The world will change when you are ready to pronounce this oath:
    I swear by my Life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man,nor ask another man to live for the sake of mine.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Hey cartmann, I got an idea that might make this better. Use clarified butter instead of butter. This is the butter served with shellfish. It has a smoke point of 485 F.

Today I learned how to make clarified butter, and this was the first thread I thought of.
    “If a tyrant is one man and his subjects are many, why do they consent to their own enslavement?"

Etienne de La Boetie (1530-1563)

Quote Originally Posted by Loonster View Post
    Hey cartmann, I got an idea that might make this better. Use clarified butter instead of butter. This is the butter served with shellfish. It has a smoke point of 485 F.

Today I learned how to make clarified butter, and this was the first thread I thought of.

I might have to try that. I love butter!

With steak though, you want an oil with a high flash point to better Sear the steak, however, if your butter is flashed to obliteration, then it is no longer butter.

I have seen the light of the promised beef, and it was good. All other steaks pale before it.

Wretched are those that have eaten it not.

Carnevino, 90 day dry aged porterhouse.

And a tear rolled down my cheek.

That guy, he said I should be oblong and have my knees removed. But I don't trust him, he plays the banjo.

Quote Originally Posted by Underground View Post
    I have seen the light of the promised beef, and it was good. All other steaks pale before it.

Wretched are those that have eaten it not.

Carnevino, 90 day dry aged porterhouse.

And a tear rolled down my cheek.

the aging part is the most important. however, the this Cartmann thread is dedicated to Grocery Store cuts (Premium Grocery store)!!!

I fear my taste buds should rebel at the common flavors. I eat chicken as a misdirection, hot sauce as a distractor! My meal is naught but an insubstantial shadow that fills only the belly.

Though be it known that there are establishments which will sell dry aged beef (if only 28 day) to the individual to prepare themselves (Peter Luger's?)

That guy, he said I should be oblong and have my knees removed. But I don't trust him, he plays the banjo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors