Do You Use Artificial Sweetner? - Page 4
Like Tree8Likes
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do You Use Artificial Sweetner?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    For people with celiac disease, getting gluten in their system is a big deal. Gluten free food processed on equipment that is used to process food with gluten will keep the gluten free label off, so this labeling is a food safety issue for the 1%-5% of the population with celiac disease.

Also, celiac is significantly on the rise, 4-5x the rates observed in the '50s. There are some strong arguments being made that this is an effect of roundup. These studies are making it into the peer review literature. This is more than a marketing issue. Giant corporations are poisoning the population, and out govt. is helping them by making their execs the food czar of the FDA.

I am now celiac. I live gluten free. In fact I live grain free except the occasional sushi indulgence.

Even if you're not celiac, most grains turn to sugar in the blood stream, I believe there is ample evidence to show a lower carb lifestyle (under 150g carbs per day, from low GI fruits and veggies) is way healthier than eating the high carb low fat grain based diets anyway. Most people should not be eating grain IMHO. Over 75% of the population does better with this low carb diet. There are those who can thrive with a high carb diet, but they are still in the minority.

Whay is america fat? We eat sugar with every meal. Even those avoiding added sugar are eating grains and starches that turn to sugar and need to be eliminated from the blood stream, which sets of the insulin cycle, leading to obesity, insulin resistance and eventually metabolic syndrome/diabetes/etc.
    I would agree with most everything here. However, there are many people who say they gluten intolerant that do not have a clue and it has almost become a fad. The only definitive diagnosis (for celiac sprue) comes from an intestinal biopsy. Some people have gone freaking nuts--my dish soap is gluten free (what the label says). WTH? I'm not sure if they are eating the soap or worried about residue--but if the residue does you in, you had better stay away from wheat fields. Did you know tortillas are gluten free? Really? Something made from fat and corn is gluten free, imagine that. This marketing is out of control.. I saw a package of meat the other day that said,"Gluten Free!" WOW! Meat is gluten free. Did you know rocks are gluten free?
    TexasChris likes this.

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by mjorin View Post
    I would agree with most everything here. However, there are many people who say they gluten intolerant that do not have a clue and it has almost become a fad. The only definitive diagnosis (for celiac sprue) comes from an intestinal biopsy. Some people have gone freaking nuts--my dish soap is gluten free (what the label says). WTH? I'm not sure if they are eating the soap or worried about residue--but if the residue does you in, you had better stay away from wheat fields. Did you know tortillas are gluten free? Really? Something made from fat and corn is gluten free, imagine that. This marketing is out of control.. I saw a package of meat the other day that said,"Gluten Free!" WOW! Meat is gluten free. Did you know rocks are gluten free?
    I'm not arguing against the fact that the gluten free thing is a fad, but I do believe that it is plausible that roundup is increasing the rate of celiac in the general population from 1% to 5%, and that the majority of the people who have given up gluten feel better, because I bet most going gluten free aren't actually stuffing their faces with sugar and corn tortillas.

BTW - not all meet is certified gluten free dut to processing and filler. And those of us that need gluten free meat do worry about such thing. (I don't actually personally, I buy my meat from a local farmer. I know where the animals have been.)

I think the whole monsanto thing is scary. I think one of the biggest threats to this country is the fact that the government is in the pocket of big business, not that the government is too big or eroding our liberties. If we actually had a representative government, we might actually have a chance to reverse the erosion of our rights, but when the multi-nationals and billionaires set the agenda, we have no hope.

Whether or not the gluten free thing is fad like is less of a story than the fact that this may be a result of big business buying the FDA. That is the thing you should be pissed about. No one seems to give a shit about the fact that the food supply in this country is total garbage used to make people sick, and then are driven to the "health care" system, and treated with drugs to prolong their lives, but not make them healthy.
    Sean K. and mjorin like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I think the whole monsanto thing is scary. I think one of the biggest threats to this country is the fact that the government is in the pocket of big business, not that the government is too big or eroding our liberties. If we actually had a representative government, we might actually have a chance to reverse the erosion of our rights, but when the multi-nationals and billionaires set the agenda, we have no hope.

Whether or not the gluten free thing is fad like is less of a story than the fact that this may be a result of big business buying the FDA. That is the thing you should be pissed about. No one seems to give a shit about the fact that the food supply in this country is total garbage used to make people sick, and then are driven to the "health care" system, and treated with drugs to prolong their lives, but not make them healthy.

QFT. Great points.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

You got it.
    Monsanto "round up ready" crops getting planted means that the crops will see round up used on them.
    They say that it can't hurt humans, as our genes don't include the gene targeted (manufacturing chlorophil) and that part is true.
    But our gut biome is incredibly diverse, and round up DOES kill some of those bugs. Some folks don't know that we host more bacteria cells than we have "us" cells. That includes the beneficial bugs living on our skin as well obviously.
    Anyways, the round up ready plants have that used on them, and some of that makes it into us if we eat it. And it can kill gut bacteria, causing human disease that was unheard of not that long ago.
    Interestingly, it looks a whole lot like celiacs - check out "leaky gut syndrome" some time. I don't have it, but chemicals are my friends......
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsors