Craziest thing you have ever eaten - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Craziest thing you have ever eaten

Re: Craziest thing you have ever eaten

skunk, gator, and tripe would have to be the craziest things I've eaten to date. everything was good but the tripe. smelled like ass in a can, and probably tasted like it, though i've never actually tried ass, in a can or otherwise.
    There ain't many problems a man can't fix- with $700 and a 30-06!

Re: Craziest thing you have ever eaten

Quote Originally Posted by mjorin View Post
    Brains should never be eaten, regardless of how it is prepared. There is a little beast called a prion that is more primitive than even a virus. You can't kill it by cooking or praying. Can you say Mad Cow disease, crutchfield-jacobs disease, Kuru, Scrapie, mink encephalopathy, etc. Nasty stuff. Full blown M.S. like symptoms and then death all within a month or two. Bon Appetit! I'm not trying to rain on the parade. How about some delicious head cheese!
    This pretty much can be said of anything. So I will continue to eat brains.

I make a point to try local food in every country i visit. It just makes sense to me, to experience what our fellow earth dwellers eat seems like a no brainer. Believe me though that when I say that culinary choices are very far stretched between our diferent cultures. And please understand that I never judge. Aboslute worst for me was the silk worms in a red sauce in Korea. This stuff smells exactly like 4 drunk guys pissing on a camp fire, and it can be nasally detected for at least a few blocks anywhere in Seoul Korea after dark (street vendors). Horrible stench , but I had to try it. Not good, and you can never escape the smell because every 3rd vendor is selling those stinky bastards!! So, in case anyone asks Seoul smells bad after dark. But if you get away from the bugs it is the best tasting food i have ever ever experiensed in my life. I have eaten a lot of bugs and such, but for pure grossness it would have to be the shaved pig face in Thailand. Picture walking (drunkedly) down a street in ruraTthailand and a guy with a huge knife shaves a 1/4 "thick slice off a pig face!! Im talking snout to ears, and it has been stored for many hours with out refigeration for ........guessing all day or two. So you eat the pig face and it is actually good, ears are chewy and all kinds of texture issues going on, chewy, bone fragments, eyeball meat, brains, and just plain old discust.Bottom line is that it was pretty tasty, once you forget about our western regiments of only eating grade "A" meat it is quite simple to eat the whole animal like almost everyone else on the planet does. sounds crazy, but it is true. Try the nearest pig face vendor near you!!! you might like it. Also i would add to this post is that when eating ANY kind of fish, eat the stuff behind the head (not the gills) all the head meat is best part.

let me know if youagree/ disagree on my views.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

a Phillipino hooker in Subic Bay back in the 70's
    kree

Quote Originally Posted by kree View Post
    a Phillipino hooker in Subic Bay back in the 70's
    kree
    LOL.....

That was pure awesomeness.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

I am in Korea right now, nothing but goodness over here this trip.

Next stop will be Japan when the airplanes are ready to go, then a little island called Shemya in the Aleutian chain. Hoping to go seal clubbing...Maybe fly in to Unalakleet and see the Tweeto family and eat some native Alaskan food...
    Don't confuse enthusiasm for competence

Want more grip for your M&P Pistol? Send me a message.

The Tweeto daughters are fine...
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Come on dude. Kim Chi is the best thing ever. It doesnt belong in the group of other things you mentioned. Kim Chi is a gift from the east, and it can come in many forms. Its a type of food (in korea) that everyones mom or granny always make better than your mom or granny. Whats not to like? its spicy and goes great with rice or potatoes. I come home from work and and shovel fork fulls of this rotten cabbage into my mouth as soon as i can. heavan i tell you!!! I have been eating and making Kim Chi for at least 20 years. Funny thing is my kids are super picky eaters and they wont eat some of the basic canadian (western) foods like roast beef or whatever, simple stuff that they should like. But my 10 year old loves the stinky cabbage!!!

mannish water in jamaica in 1992. Goat head soup. not too bad from what i remember.

Quote Originally Posted by billy View Post
    mannish water in jamaica in 1992. Goat head soup. not too bad from what i remember.
    What's wrong with Mannish Water? Did it put more wick in your stick like they say?Name:  2oho.gif
Views: 48
Size:  3.3 KBName:  happyrotfl4vi0.gif
Views: 54
Size:  972 Bytes

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Sponsors