I got 1!!!!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cjt50

Thread: I got 1!!!!

Smile I got 1!!!!

After about an 18 month wait, I was able to secure a 5.45x39 kit as well. Installed kit on my -L and hit the range today. Due to limited time, I was only able to pop 2 boxes of SilverBear 60grn FMJ. My rifle is well worn and my bolt carrier has 16k cycles on it. With the brand new kit and op-rod, (had to replace it due a crack) I shot 5 rounds on gas setting 3. The brass was flying about 40 feet from the rifle so I adjusted the gas to setting 2. On that setting the brass was flying about 20 feet from the rifle.

All 60 rounds cycled flawlessly using 1 c-products 30 round mag and 1 Lancer 20 round mag (5.56 type) Accuracy at 50 yards was slightly less the 2 inch groups.

Very happy so far with the new kit, can't wait to give a real work out.
    "Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." - Pres. A. Lincoln

Excellent! Hoping to have good results myself once I take it to the range!

Sounds like fun!

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Sounds good. If and when you shoot corrosive ammo, what will be your cleaning routine?

As soon as I get home from the range; rinse the broken down rifle with lots of hot water, blow dry with air compressor, then spray with CLP. I have not had any issues when I use this cleaning method after firing corrosive ammo.
    crusoe likes this.
    "Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." - Pres. A. Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by cjt50 View Post
    As soon as I get home from the range; rinse the broken down rifle with lots of hot water, blow dry with air compressor, then spray with CLP. I have not had any issues when I use this cleaning method after firing corrosive ammo.
    Only thing I do different is spray Simple Green down the barrel and wait a few minutes - then the hot water and what cjt50 said.

Sponsors