Introductions - Page 51
Like Tree15Likes
Page 51 of 80 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions

Re: Introductions

Just bought my first XCR and looking forward to shooting it tomorrow. They are hard to come across here in British Columbia Canada. Bought the last one on the rack at my local shop. Hello everyone

Welcome Northern Brew

Welcome to Our Family Brewsky! If and when you have any questions regarding Our XCR's, just post it up and someone of Our many "Experts" will be able to help you with anything that you can think of, and then some..
    SINKER
    PS: I am not necessarily referring to myself.....

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Brew View Post
    Just bought my first XCR and looking forward to shooting it tomorrow. They are hard to come across here in British Columbia Canada. Bought the last one on the rack at my local shop. Hello everyone
    Where do you live in B.C.?
    A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion. - Proverbs 18:2

Hello All,
    Another FNG arriving with the forum... I ordered an XCR back in May (An 11" heavy SBR with 11" LOP in 5.56 mm) and I've been waiting patiently looking forward to my first piston weapon.

A little about me; I'm a former US Marine who transfered to the USNR Sea Bees and was a battalion SMI and firearms instructor. I've handled the M16/M4 nearly all my adult life and grown found of it capabilities and learned how to deal with its quarks. I now work in international Safety and Security and part time with our local Sheriffs office, both of which are still inundated with AR style weapons.
    Since I've started traveling so much abroad I've had the chance to handle AKs, HKs and SIG's peeking my interest in the clean operation of the piston operating systems. While evaluating the availability of these weapons, I began to learn about the FN SCAR... of which led me to the XCR.

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this new toy. As I have ordered mine "site-unseen" primarily due to the articles, and information that has been discussed on these pages. Once I have her... I'll look to your expertise in learning the quarks of this weapon.

Keep up the dialog... it's these discussions that assist any manufacture in finite adjustments in a system.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Glad to have you LR Shooter and look forward to what you can bring to the discussion.
    Don't confuse enthusiasm for competence

Want more grip for your M&P Pistol? Send me a message.

DSM

Hey LRShooter, my pops was a Seabee back during Vietnam, MCB7. I was probably the only kid in my school well versed in the deeds of Marvin Shields. I took him down to Biloxi a few years back and he remarked, "Ain't much changed."

Welcome aboard!
    When have any of our plans ever actually worked? We plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose.

Quote Originally Posted by m118sb View Post
    Hey LRShooter, my pops was a Seabee back during Vietnam, MCB7. I was probably the only kid in my school well versed in the deeds of Marvin Shields. I took him down to Biloxi a few years back and he remarked, "Ain't much changed."

Welcome aboard!
    NMCB 24... Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, AL. NCBC 1... Gulfport MS.
    Those who know Marvin's history being the first and only CMH for the Sea Bees is few and far between. He was a little before my time, but his name is obviously one of pride among those who served with the Bees.
    Thanks and looking forward to the exchange of intel on these little weapons...
    LRS...
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

DSM

Not too mention everything in the house stopped when John Wayne's "The Fighting Seabees" was on TV. He only did the four years but he's still very proud of everything he did. I found someone that went back to Vietnam just recently, an Army guy, but served at the same place and around the same time. He sent me some pictures from his trip and the hardened aircraft shelters his battalion built for the MAG were still there. Pops was very proud of that. Rest of the time in the service he spent rotating through Gulfport, Keflavik and Gitmo.

During my time in the service it never hurt to be able to cough up a bit of knowledge if there was a Seabee unit deployed there too. Helped build rapport a little quicker and was nice when they could swing by with a piece of heavy equipment and in 10 seconds scoop out that revetment you were shoveling with e-tools.

Anyhow, you're getting into the XCR world at a good time. A lot of great upgrades are rolling down the pike; new stock, new caliber conversions, etc, and though something pops up every now and again, most of the bugs have been worked out. The customer service is top notch and if that fails you can always bribe Terra with shoes.
    When have any of our plans ever actually worked? We plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose.

Welcome to the Family LongRangeShooter

Thank You for your service
    Speak soflty and carry a big stick...and if that dont work, start yellin and grab a shotgun!

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end

Page 51 of 80 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Sponsors