Introductions
Like Tree15Likes
Page 1 of 80 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions

Introductions

This is a new forum so the best way to get the ball rolling is with introductions.

I bought my XCR 5.56mm only a few months ago but I love shooting it and since there is a lack of online forums dedicated to the rifle I decided to start one, so here we are.

Enjoy!
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination are omnipotent. The slogan press on has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race. No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave." -- John Calvin Coolidge

Re: Introductions

Works for me. I've had mine for about four months now. Great rifle. Probably will be getting another one, that's how much I like it.

I don't know if I'll get another rifle in the near future (tight budget...) but I definitely plan on getting all of the available caliber conversion kits! ;D
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination are omnipotent. The slogan press on has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race. No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave." -- John Calvin Coolidge

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

So what do we do to get more people on this forum???

Ok I'm new

i303 posted in Sig Forum

BTW...Longest running thread on SigForum...

I ordered a Robinson Arms XCR. I'm having second thoughts and I need some expert advise.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...35/m/338106098

I Love my XCR
    Tzoid

Well here we are!

And now we are 4.

Now we just need some dialog.

Anyone here looking at getting a second XCR besides me?

Edited to add:

I'll introduce a bit more about me. I'm a USBP Agent in SE AZ nearly 10 years, plust 4 years cop in WA state. I'm a firearms instructor certified. I also was an 11B Infrantryman 7 years active duty to include being in Desert Storm and Somalia w/101st Abn. I also have 5 years in the WA National Guard also as an 11B grunt then 11M Bradley Commander.

Why do I list by BG? Because I now have 25 years experience with weapons, specifically the M16/AR15. I've handled one since I was 17, actually I got some trigger time at 16 also. I came in the military when guys still in the Guard, carried M14's in their time. I was kinda naive about the M16 issues at first, later convince "as long as I keep it clean I'll be fine", until I got that real world experience in my first and most dangerous armed encountered. Let me put it this way, mine worked. But not before I took some extraordinary measures to make it that way AND I did not feel confident about its reliability even after taking those measures. But I distinctively heard two M16A2's being cleared for falfunctions at the very moment when I fired my first 4 rounds in combat. BTW, S.P.O.R.T.S. is useless, period! It's the stupidest immediate action drill ever devised for that weapon system AND beyond a magazine not seating properly which is solved at the first "S", the remaining action just guarantees a bigger jam. I've never seen SPORTS work, ever!

When the XCR came out I didn't give it much thought probably b/c of some negative issues about Alex Robinson heard by other internet commando's, and partly b/c the M96 not quite coming around, and partly b/c I had that 'wait and see' attitude and always thought first production anything always suck.

After much looking and checking on the net, finally filtering alot of BS and determining that no matter how much Alex was considered an AH (BTW, I talked to him and I didn't get that-some ppl can get their feelings hurt too easily) he made a first rate gun-FOR THE PEOPLE! I also waited until the 556 came out and that did it-XCR was the way to go.

I got my XCR in April (I think). First thing I thought about it, based on my 25 years experience with military weapons, more with other guns, was this is a true weapon made for battle, and built like a tank. I'll address other issues later. Shooting the thing just confirmed my initial thoughts. My XCR is definitely my go to gun.

Anyways, it's late and I must go to sleep. More later.......

UDT

Lex, glad that you started this forum. I have owned my XCR since May of 06 and am well pleased with it.

Like a few others here I am also a SIG forum member, and I beleive that others will join this forum when they find out about it being here.

I like the way RA is updating features on their guns ( gas system ) and I am sure that other things will follow, also hope to learn some of the thing other users have done ( slings, sights, ect. ) to improve there XCR's.
    What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Quote Originally Posted by i303 View Post
    So what do we do to get more people on this forum???
    These things take time but we're doing pretty good. Most people will find the forum through search results and by word of mouth. So, it's exponential growth. The more people search and click on the forum the higher it will show up in search ratings and the more it spreads by word of mouth the more people there are to continue spreading it

Kindof interesting that there have been a few people who've stumbled on this forum by searching for the Remington 700 XCR Rifle. I actually plan on getting a Remington 700 one of these days (my wife has one, but she's a lefty and so is her 700, i'm right handed) maybe I can get the XCR model ;D

Page 1 of 80 1231151 ... LastLast

Sponsors