XCR Forum banner

Introductions

1M views 814 replies 290 participants last post by  Sean K. 
#1 ·
This is a new forum so the best way to get the ball rolling is with introductions.

I bought my XCR 5.56mm only a few months ago but I love shooting it and since there is a lack of online forums dedicated to the rifle I decided to start one, so here we are.

Enjoy!

#3 ·
I don't know if I'll get another rifle in the near future (tight budget...) but I definitely plan on getting all of the available caliber conversion kits! ;D

#9 ·
These things take time but we're doing pretty good. Most people will find the forum through search results and by word of mouth. So, it's exponential growth. The more people search and click on the forum the higher it will show up in search ratings and the more it spreads by word of mouth the more people there are to continue spreading it :D

#7 ·
And now we are 4.

Now we just need some dialog.

Anyone here looking at getting a second XCR besides me?

Edited to add:

I'll introduce a bit more about me. I'm a USBP Agent in SE AZ nearly 10 years, plust 4 years cop in WA state. I'm a firearms instructor certified. I also was an 11B Infrantryman 7 years active duty to include being in Desert Storm and Somalia w/101st Abn. I also have 5 years in the WA National Guard also as an 11B grunt then 11M Bradley Commander.

Why do I list by BG? Because I now have 25 years experience with weapons, specifically the M16/AR15. I've handled one since I was 17, actually I got some trigger time at 16 also. I came in the military when guys still in the Guard, carried M14's in their time. I was kinda naive about the M16 issues at first, later convince "as long as I keep it clean I'll be fine", until I got that real world experience in my first and most dangerous armed encountered. Let me put it this way, mine worked. But not before I took some extraordinary measures to make it that way AND I did not feel confident about its reliability even after taking those measures. But I distinctively heard two M16A2's being cleared for falfunctions at the very moment when I fired my first 4 rounds in combat. BTW, S.P.O.R.T.S. is useless, period! It's the stupidest immediate action drill ever devised for that weapon system AND beyond a magazine not seating properly which is solved at the first "S", the remaining action just guarantees a bigger jam. I've never seen SPORTS work, ever!

When the XCR came out I didn't give it much thought probably b/c of some negative issues about Alex Robinson heard by other internet commando's, and partly b/c the M96 not quite coming around, and partly b/c I had that 'wait and see' attitude and always thought first production anything always suck.

After much looking and checking on the net, finally filtering alot of BS and determining that no matter how much Alex was considered an AH (BTW, I talked to him and I didn't get that-some ppl can get their feelings hurt too easily) he made a first rate gun-FOR THE PEOPLE! I also waited until the 556 came out and that did it-XCR was the way to go.

I got my XCR in April (I think). First thing I thought about it, based on my 25 years experience with military weapons, more with other guns, was this is a true weapon made for battle, and built like a tank. I'll address other issues later. Shooting the thing just confirmed my initial thoughts. My XCR is definitely my go to gun.

Anyways, it's late and I must go to sleep. More later.......

#8 ·
Lex, glad that you started this forum. I have owned my XCR since May of 06 and am well pleased with it.

Like a few others here I am also a SIG forum member, and I beleive that others will join this forum when they find out about it being here.

I like the way RA is updating features on their guns ( gas system ) and I am sure that other things will follow, also hope to learn some of the thing other users have done ( slings, sights, ect. ) to improve there XCR's.

#10 ·
Kindof interesting that there have been a few people who've stumbled on this forum by searching for the Remington 700 XCR Rifle. I actually plan on getting a Remington 700 one of these days (my wife has one, but she's a lefty and so is her 700, i'm right handed) maybe I can get the XCR model ;D

#11 ·
It's about time someone started an XCR forum. I was getting tired of hunting through other gun forums for information about the XCR. After a 10 week wait I finally got my XCR. I won't get a chance to shoot it for about a week and I can't wait until then. I don't even have to list why this forum is going to be great. I'm excited about watching it grow.

Edit:
I posted without even making an introduction. Whoops. Like Lex, I too have have extensive experience with the AR-series rifles; however, I have no problem with their level of performance. I choose the XCR because I'm seeking that next level of performance. The AR has been out forever and it's time for something new. I hope the XCR is the next best thing.

#12 ·
Like Lex, I too have have extensive experience with the AR-series rifles; however, I have no problem with their level of performance.
Actually, I've never had an AR rifle.

Welcome to the forum!

#13 ·
And then there were "7" !! Hi guys! Nice to see a forum dicated to this fine weapon! I have been reading at the Sig forum for 6 months, but could NEVER get registered and in so that I could use the board! The Guy that are from there that are here, Thanks for all of the great info on this great weapon!

I bought my XCR with the standard factory folding stock from Kermit about 4 weeks ago. Have added tango down hand guards, EOTech 512, GG&G rear flip up, MI Ft Flip up. It goes to the range next week!

I am looking forward to picking up as much info from you guys as possible as this is my 1st "Black Rifle" type gun!

So thanks for starting this board and "I'll beeee backkk!"

Oh i'll post pictures of the gun and its "New" case also, as soon as I figure out how!

#18 ·
Lex said:
Because I now have 25 years experience with weapons, specifically the M16/AR15.
I didn't say you had an AR. :) I don't have one either.
That quote is from i303. I don't even any experience with rifles other than shooting my XCR a few times :-D

#16 ·
FNG Reporting.

Apparently I was the third member, but haven't posted until now.

Got my XCR in January. Really like it. So far my only complaint would be the non standard picatiny rails.

The only problems I have had are with a Larue cantilever mount (old model) for my Aimpoint M3 shifting.

On the scale of problems it is small one.

What I am anguishing over now is go with the Aimpoint twist off? ...or use a Larue tilt off, for the Aimpoint magnifier? Any experience to offer?

Fred

#19 ·
My bad Lex. I got confused and excited. ;D

I had no idea I MEANT to be talking to i303. lol. Sorry for confusing the balls off everyone.

Let me restart. Like i303 I have a lot of experience with the AR-series rifle (from work), but I don't have a problem with their performance. The AR combat performance is a touchy subject as of the last few years and it's nice to have both ends of the spectrum (i303 and myself) so everyone else can pick our brains. I just want to find that next level of rifle; hoping the XCR will provide me that. ;D

#20 ·
My bad Lex. I got confused and excited. ;D

I had no idea I MEANT to be talking to i303. lol. Sorry for confusing the balls off everyone.
No worries.

#24 ·
Hello, joined today as well, got the info from Arfcom. Its great that the XCR has its very own forum now, just in time for my XCR (got it yesterday). From all indications the XCR is the rifle I have been looking for. I stumbled on one yesterday and the XCR just felt so good in my hands and pushed the right buttons for me I traded my Sig 556 on the spot. The 556 is one fine rifle but as I started to live/shoot with it some of its quirks started to annoy me, so it was bye bye time. I don't foresee this happening to my XCR. It is a keeper.

Thanks,
Jess

#27 ·
Why do I list by BG? Because I now have 25 years experience with weapons, specifically the M16/AR15. I've handled one since I was 17, actually I got some trigger time at 16 also. I came in the military when guys still in the Guard, carried M14's in their time. I was kinda naive about the M16 issues at first, later convince "as long as I keep it clean I'll be fine", until I got that real world experience in my first and most dangerous armed encountered. Let me put it this way, mine worked. But not before I took some extraordinary measures to make it that way AND I did not feel confident about its reliability even after taking those measures. But I distinctively heard two M16A2's being cleared for falfunctions at the very moment when I fired my first 4 rounds in combat. BTW, S.P.O.R.T.S. is useless, period! It's the stupidest immediate action drill ever devised for that weapon system AND beyond a magazine not seating properly which is solved at the first "S", the remaining action just guarantees a bigger jam. I've never seen SPORTS work, ever!
Well, I WAS issued a M14 When I went in the Corps.

I was issued a M14 when I reported to Vietnam in 1967 (3rd Marine Division stayed until Late 69). Then some genius decided to issue a Toy like POS to combat troops shortly after I got there. I was always attached, so I made sure I never went by MY Armory with my M14. So I managed to hang onto my M14 through to about April 69.

Like I303, I have been in a bunch of Fire Fights. and in many, many, many of them heard, saw, and bagged and tagged good Marines because that POS M16 wouldn't/Couldn't shoot. Real excitement is when, after the first rounds are fired, the only folks still shooting are yourself, and the gun, (don't forget the M79, too). I always remember experiences like this when ever the Matty Mattel comes up in conversation.

I am often lambasted for not "understanding" that the M16 has improved in the last 40-50 years. If that is so, how come the troops are still complaining about jams? Hell, we lost a whole convoy, wiped out and captured because most of their rifles wouldn't work. I then laugh, when I hear guys complain about company XYZ and how they will not buy anything from them because of bad service, or some other implied slight, or such. I will not buy an M16, got friends of mine dead. And is still getting American troops dead. Some of you folks may not buy because of bad service, I don't buy because of deadly products. YMMV

I own a collection of US service rifles of the 20th Century. Except for that black POS I will not own one. My first 5.56 Cal rifle was a Kel-Tech SU-16. Pretty good rifle. My 4'10" daughter shoots that one because it is nice and light. For the record, her pistol of choice is the 1911, 5" in 45acp of course. (she will turn 21 next year, and I have her Colt Government all ready set up for her, short trigger, thin grips etc.) And she will get the SU probably with the EOTech 512 on it.

My daughter may be a true short round, but I would hate to see what happens to the first yahoo that messes with her. She ain't assertive, she is aggressive. But I am starting to ramble, sorry.

that is why I chose the XCR piston drive. I like the AK like gas system, some may even say it has stood the test of time. I think I may get a 556, too. But the longer I play with and shoot my XCR, the less I feel the need. I have my XCR set up primarily for Home Defense. I can disconnect one fast disconnect mount, and if/when needed, attach another, and I am set up for the elephant.

By the way, over on the SIG Forum I am Devestate Bravo, the call sign of my unit in Vietnam. (believe it or not, misspelled on purpose)

Good luck

Fred

#28 ·
Hello,

My name is Roy. I live in "Wild and Wonderful West Virginia" where I have lived for the past 5 years or so. I am an import from the Land Down Under, and have been in law enforcement close to 26 years. 22+ years as a state trooper in Queensland, Australia and the rest here in WV.

Since moving to this beautiful country, I have started my firearms collection, and business 'Aussie Arms', and now enjoy the freedom of being able to own/collect firearms at will. Back 'Down Under' the government turned around one day and banned all semi auto firearms, pump action shot guns, and basically anything else that goes bang! Although not a stranger to firearms, due to my employment over the years, it is still a pleasure to be some place where I can enjoy my passion.

My collection, although not huge (yet), consists of only quality firearms hence my interest in the Robinson Armament XCR, Sig Sauer, Kimber ect, ect, ect.

I am pleased to make every one acquaintance, and hope to be participating in this forum for a long time to come.

Roy

#29 ·
It is good to see more people here daily! And personally it is good to see variablebinary here! His many post on more then a few forums were very instrumental in me buying a XCR! Thanks for all of the great info, and i am looking forward to more!

Also tzoid, your thread over at the Sigforum provided for alot of info also! Thanks! ;D

#30 ·
The XCR is my 1st so called Black Rifle... I definitly believe I chose the right gun to
start my passion for military style firearms.

I have received a serious education when I started the thread over at SigForum and it turned out to be
a catalyst for many others to purchase XCR's.

I'm still smiling every time I pick up my XCR and put rounds down range.

I'll throw this out.. We need to plan a XCR Shoot sometime ...Location Location Location ???? ;D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.