Hello, from Beautiful BC
Like Tree4Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello, from Beautiful BC

Hello, from Beautiful BC

Hi all,
    I'm new to the site, and pleasantly surprised how many familiar names are here.

I've been shooting my XCR L in x39, for close to two years, and absolutely love it. It's had a steady diet of cheap surplus ammo, for a round count of 12,800 rounds (+/- 100).
    18.6 barrel, Canadian eh.

My XCR comes out to play just about every weekend. I shoot gongs at 300 & 600, run matches with it, and it's also a good deer/coyote gun. I've put my rifle through some hard times, I'm an abuser. She always goes bang.

In polite Canadian fashion; thanks for having me. I promise this to be my only "nice" post, all others will offend. I think I'll start with the ''third person'' dude.

Last edited by 9x19p; 01-08-2015 at 09:54 PM.

Welcome!

Warning: most folks who have been here a while aren't offended easily, but may put on a good show nonetheless.
    TexasChris likes this.
    “Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” -- James Madison

12,800 rounds in x39 cheap surplus abuse! Thank you for proving the platform.

what are the various brands of x39 that you've run? Any preferences and/or dislikes in x39 ammo?

Any magazine experiences you'd like to share? Have you worn any out? Tossed any out? Modified any? Which brand do you have and where did you buy them?

Gongs, matches, hunting... Please post a photo of your XCR setup or describe it. Do you change out anything depending on those three activities?

You're lucky to live in beautiful BC. How short are your days this time of year?

why is your tag "9" and not "x39"? You must have some hefty round counts through your "9". Introduce us to her.

oh, and welcome to the site.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Welcome!! Yes, do fill in more experiences you have had with your x39. Thanks.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Thanks guys

"what are the various brands of x39 that you've run? Any preferences and/or dislikes in x39 ammo?"

99.9% of my ammo is Russian surplus, all corrosive. Basically, my favorite is whatever's on sale. For hunting I'm using Federal Fusion, and it groups quite nice for me. 1.7" @ 100, two weeks ago.

"Any magazine experiences you'd like to share? Have you worn any out? Tossed any out? Modified any? Which brand do you have and where did you buy them?"

Of 14 mags, 12 are XCR pistol mags. Some minor issues with feed lips too close together. Nothing a file hasn't fixed. I believe all the bodies are ASC. Ranger plates on all of them because they're short mags and they can get lost in a pouch. Haven't had to chuck any out yet.

"Gongs, matches, hunting... Please post a photo of your XCR setup or describe it. Do you change out anything depending on those three activities?"

I'll post some pics soon, I'm a braggart . I run the gun the same for all. I swapped in a Dlask adaptor and Magpul furniture. I'm using 1-4 scope, and a good sling. I shoot prone for the gongs, using sand bags.

"You're lucky to live in beautiful BC. How short are your days this time of year?

why is your tag "9" and not "x39"? You must have some hefty round counts through your "9". Introduce us to her
    ."

We have 8 hour days now. I'm only 30 minutes (by dog sled) from Washington.
    The name came about while joining my first forum. I was holding my G17 at the time, looked down and saw "9x19".
    I don't even own pistols anymore, I'd be more lethal throwing it than shooting it.
    The XCR has the highest round count of all my guns.

Fwiw, in 12,000+ rounds, I've broken the op-rod and hammer spring. Believe it or not, I've only had 2 ftf, both induced, running the gas on 1 (first day out).

Thanks again guys
    crusoe likes this.

What broke on the op-rod? The welded foot?
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Nice to have you, impressive groups for a x39.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    What broke on the op-rod? The welded foot?
    No, it was the tube itself. I noticed a slight bend in it, at 800 rounds. I monitored it until it cracked, at ~4000 rounds.
    The tube broke about 1" before the piston. The replacement is a little different. I'll post a pic tonight.

I fired another 200 rounds that day, with the broken rod.

Quote Originally Posted by 9x19p View Post
    No, it was the tube itself. I noticed a slight bend in it, at 800 rounds. I monitored it until it cracked, at ~4000 rounds.
    The tube broke about 1" before the piston. The replacement is a little different. I'll post a pic tonight.

I fired another 200 rounds that day, with the broken rod.
    Wow, that sux. Not common either.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

This is a short video I did, for a 10,000 round range report, on Canadian Gun Nutz (CGN).
    *the ACR comment was just to tease a fellow gunnut at CGN.

Merlin and crusoe like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors