Replay presentation
Like Tree6Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replay presentation

Replay presentation

Hello everyone, and thanks for accepting me in your forum. I live in Italy, I know little English, and use the Google translator. My hope is to understand something of what I read. ... if it is not slang!
    Finally, a few weeks ago, arrived in Italy the weapons Robinson Armament. This is the site of the importer: NUOVA JAGER - Firearms Manufacture and Commerce

Just to buy Robinson XCR - L, just yesterday, I sold a magnificent FAL L1 A1 English.

I read some reviews of the older version, and indeed, I was not very impressed. I hope that these new versions of 2015, have been eliminated small and annoying flaws of the old models.

Greetings to all friends of the forum, Walter
    BADDFROGG likes this.

Welcome. The old reviews are outdated and many improvements have been made over the years. Barring bad examples slipping through quality control, the latest version should be fine.
    BADDFROGG likes this.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Welcome and I agree with fmunk.

Are thre any restrictions on owning a firearm like the XCR and if so what changes have to be done on them? Thanks.
    BADDFROGG likes this.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I would say the XCR is the closest thing to a modern day FAL, but in 5.56. Welcome!
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

Welcome, Walter. Where in Italy do you live? (When I was on active duty in the U.S. Army, I was stationed in Germany for 5 years. I greatly enjoyed my visits to Italy, for both work and vacation.)

As others have said, the XCR-L now functions excellently. However, one thing I do recommend is that you confirm with your importer that Robinson Armament is truly committed to expanding into the European market. While the rifle is very reliable, if something does break, your only source for parts is in Salt Lake City, Utah -- and it may be difficult for you to send the rifle back for service.
    “Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” -- James Madison

Thank you all for the warm welcome. You're right MJORIN, I also believe that the system XCR - L, is nothing but the natural evolution of the old and dear FN FAL.
    As I said above, I sold this FAL L1 A1, 308 just to replace it with the more modern and lighter XCR - L cal.223 Replay  presentation-dscf3206.jpg]

@ WONBAT. I know the Italian importer for many years and I trust him, because he owns a workshop by gunsmith who has more than 60 years of history. I hope I never have needed him to order parts for the XCR.
    I know from experience that when ordering spare parts from the USA, it always takes a long time, plus expenses for international transport, most Italian customs fees, plus the VAT at 22% of value, plus postage Italian. All together, it becomes a beautiful blood transfusion!

I do not know if I could buy in Salt Lake in Utah, because when I order components in the US, very often I can not, because the sellers do not have an international license to be able to ship in Europe.

Wombat, I'm glad you've spent and enjoyed the beauty of Italy, so, I'll always have a good memory.
    I live in the Roman Castles, (Castelli Romani) which is about 40 km. from the center of Rome.

In which the body of the US military have served?

Quote Originally Posted by wombat338 View Post
    However, one thing I do recommend is that you confirm with your importer that Robinson Armament is truly committed to expanding into the European market. While the rifle is very reliable, if something does break, your only source for parts is in Salt Lake City, Utah -- and it may be difficult for you to send the rifle back for service.
    I asked Alex about this. He said that all distributors will be carrying extra parts.
    Merlin likes this.

Sig
    First, welcome to the forum!

Secondly

Quote Originally Posted by Aktarus52 View Post
    I know from experience that when ordering spare parts from the USA, it always takes a long time, plus expenses for international transport, most Italian customs fees, plus the VAT at 22% of value, plus postage Italian.
    Although we don't have added expenses for international transport, most XCR-L owners in the United States understand that getting parts may take just as long as shipping them to Italy, and getting lost on the way to boot

I've got to ask not knowing your countries gun laws, what kind of stock comes with the XCR in your country? (and if anyone read what I deleted, yes, I'm an idiot LOL)
    Last edited by Sig; 02-13-2015 at 06:07 AM.
    BADDFROGG likes this.
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

Welcome, glad you found us!

The 12.5" barreled version at the Nuova Jager website looks awesome. I don't think they offer that one here. Which model did you get? Keymod handguard?

Found an XCR video from Italy a few weeks ago and posted it on the forum. I don't speak any Italian so let us know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP6dZDZgvYU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sorry, can't get the youtube video or the link to the forum thread to hotlink.
    Last edited by WatchoutforStobor; 02-13-2015 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aktarus52 View Post
    Wombat, I'm glad you've spent and enjoyed the beauty of Italy, so, I'll always have a good memory.
    I live in the Roman Castles, (Castelli Romani) which is about 40 km. from the center of Rome.

In which the body of the US military have served?
    I'm in the Army. (I'm not sure how Google translator renders that in Italian, but it's the branch of the service which is not the Navy, not the Marines, and not the Air Force. ) I'm in the Reserves now (meaning I'm a soldier part-time), but when I was on active duty I was in Europe for 5 years (in the mid-1990s). Twice, I had temporary assignments with the Southern European Task Force (SETAF), based in Vicenza.
    “Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” -- James Madison

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors