Hey ya'll!! New Okie joining the forum
Like Tree1Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey ya'll!! New Okie joining the forum

Hey ya'll!! New Okie joining the forum

Hello, I've been interested in the XCR for several years and I'm looking to learn as much as i can about them.
    I've built about 10 AR's in 4 different calibers.
    I enjoy FAL's, AR's, AK's, Mini 14's and .22lr long guns and handguns.

Looking forward to possibly getting an XCR in 5.56 and 7.62X39.

I use the same username on all forums and have excellent feedback.
    Thanks for having me, mp.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome. Make sure you research 7.62x39 mags heavily before making the leap.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I did just build a 7.62X39 AR.
    I borrowed a friends Colt in 7.62X39(he offered) when I was thinking of building one,
    He had 3 mags, a Colt 10rd, 20rd and an Older ASC 30.
    Just loading those 3 mags was extremely bothersome because the rounds would not sit correctly, like an AK mag.
    Well, his gun shot fine but had feed problems, so I chalked it up to bad mags.

Couple weeks later, in my LGS, they had a 7.62X39 barrel and BCG for $225,
    Of course I bought it and an upper and threw it together not expecting much.
    I used 2 GI 30 mags and loaded to 10 rounds and fired about 40 rounds through my build.
    Would not feed for squat by hand with the GI mags loaded to 10 rounds.
    Only had 1 missfeed at the range, about 5 light primer strikes.
    Took it home and ordered 3 CPD 30's and I turned about .006" off the shoulder of the firing pin.
    I could tell imediately upon loading these new CPD mags that they held the rounds correctly, nose up and they weren't loose in the mag like my friends older mags. Functionally by hand, they fed all 30 smoothly.
    Off to the range.
    At the range with CPD MAGS and lengthened FP and ZERO FAILURES out of 50 rounds of any kind.
    I'm hearing the new ASC mags are better, I'm gonna pick 1 of those up today or tomorrow. I also ordered 2 Red X Arms extended FP and recieved them quickly, they look great and give about the same FP protrusion as the one I turned down.
    Next week I plan on shooting my 7.62X39 AR a few 100 rounds and seeing how it goes.

Now, I'm really in love with piston driven guns and that's where my interest in the M96 and now the XCR comes in.
    I've owned a DR200 and while it was extremely accurate and reliable, there were several things I didn't like about it.
    Controlls(safety throw, mag release) optics mounting and cheekweld with folding or collapsible stocks with optics installed, RH charging handle i didn't care for. Some if those things have improvements available which I installed. Damn fine gun, just couldn't fall in love with it. Traded it off for a Maadi.

Anyway, here I am.

Welcome!!

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Quote Originally Posted by mouthpiece View Post
    I did just build a 7.62X39 AR.
    I borrowed a friends Colt in 7.62X39(he offered) when I was thinking of building one,
    He had 3 mags, a Colt 10rd, 20rd and an Older ASC 30.
    Just loading those 3 mags was extremely bothersome because the rounds would not sit correctly, like an AK mag.
    Well, his gun shot fine but had feed problems, so I chalked it up to bad mags.

Couple weeks later, in my LGS, they had a 7.62X39 barrel and BCG for $225,
    Of course I bought it and an upper and threw it together not expecting much.
    I used 2 GI 30 mags and loaded to 10 rounds and fired about 40 rounds through my build.
    Would not feed for squat by hand with the GI mags loaded to 10 rounds.
    Only had 1 missfeed at the range, about 5 light primer strikes.
    Took it home and ordered 3 CPD 30's and I turned about .006" off the shoulder of the firing pin.
    I could tell imediately upon loading these new CPD mags that they held the rounds correctly, nose up and they weren't loose in the mag like my friends older mags. Functionally by hand, they fed all 30 smoothly.
    Off to the range.
    At the range with CPD MAGS and lengthened FP and ZERO FAILURES out of 50 rounds of any kind.
    I'm hearing the new ASC mags are better, I'm gonna pick 1 of those up today or tomorrow. I also ordered 2 Red X Arms extended FP and recieved them quickly, they look great and give about the same FP protrusion as the one I turned down.
    Next week I plan on shooting my 7.62X39 AR a few 100 rounds and seeing how it goes.

Now, I'm really in love with piston driven guns and that's where my interest in the M96 and now the XCR comes in.
    I've owned a DR200 and while it was extremely accurate and reliable, there were several things I didn't like about it.
    Controlls(safety throw, mag release) optics mounting and cheekweld with folding or collapsible stocks with optics installed, RH charging handle i didn't care for. Some if those things have improvements available which I installed. Damn fine gun, just couldn't fall in love with it. Traded it off for a Maadi.

Anyway, here I am.
    CPD=CProducts Defense mag...in case anyone is wondering like I was.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Yes, sorry. I have been researching them for a while so I took that for granted.
    These are Gen III stainless steel(blackened) with anti tilt followers.
    So far so good and if I get time I'll go shoot some this weekend, if not monday eve.

There are some CPD labeled as Stoner to I believe.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Just what this forum needs, an Okie . But seriously, welcome.
    "Imagine a world in which we are all enlightened by objective truths rather than offended by them" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by MrChem View Post
    Just what this forum needs, an Okie . But seriously, welcome.
    Hey now....I was a Sooner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors