newbee from Las Vegas - Page 3
Like Tree7Likes
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: newbee from Las Vegas

Sig
    Quote Originally Posted by EricCartmann View Post
    Riding 3 abreast for an extended period of time is not only stupid, but is just plain inconsiderate... yes we all have the rights to the road, but we should be considerate and give as much room as possible for the the faster bicycles, motorcycles, and cars to pass.
    We're on the same page. We always use to ride being considerate of others, even if they weren't on bikes. It just seems in my neck of the woods with everyone riding in our little scenic rural area, particularly on the weekends, it's a "we're here and we have the same right to the road as you, so if we ride as close as possible to the yellow line in the middle of the road, there is no way you can have an accident trying to pass us" attitude.

NC isn't Vermont and we don't have bike lines LOL
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    We're on the same page. We always use to ride being considerate of others, even if they weren't on bikes. It just seems in my neck of the woods with everyone riding in our little scenic rural area, particularly on the weekends, it's a "we're here and we have the same right to the road as you, so if we ride as close as possible to the yellow line in the middle of the road, there is no way you can have an accident trying to pass us" attitude.

NC isn't Vermont and we don't have bike lines LOL

I am really not surprise that some cyclists feel like they own the road... after all, have you seen all the left lane squatters in cars on the Interstate???? Even in the Midwest, where the people are very polite and have much common courtesy, they have NONE when it comes to the cars and the road.

There is something about the water in this country where about 75% of the people who drink it think they own the road, and they lose all their sense of common courtesy. I have even been in cars with these idiots (and I even consider them my friend).. I have to educate them:

Me: "MOVE the F over so this guy can pass"

... and you know how that goes, they respond by saying something like

Him: "but I am driving 5 miles over the speed limit, why do I have to move over??"

... then I have to remind him...

Me: "you are being an idiot and we have to share the road, and if you do not want to speed up, then move over... it's called common courtesy!, but it's cool, just be an asshole and the typical entitled prick.. carry on"
    Merlin, scalton, Mechanic and 1 others like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsors