• 1 Post By Merlin
  • 1 Post By Bravo
  • 1 Post By wombat338
  • 1 Post By mjorin
  • 1 Post By bcnorth

Thread: Yet another Canadian...

Yet another Canadian...

Hello from Ontario!

I'm not "new" to this forum - been lurking for quite a while now and have owned a (Type 2) Robinson XCR-L for about 3 years. I have 223, 6.8 and 300 BLK kits, all with 18.6" heavy barrels.

Looking forward to learning plenty especially about the .300 Blackout and its gas settings and load data suggestions.

My next Robinson will be the XCR-M Micro Pistol 9.5" .308 heavy barrel with the optional FAST Stock - as and when funds and availability permit

I am also a long-time reloader (30+ years) of everything from 5.7x28 to 45/70 and probably enjoy reloading more than shooting...
    wombat338 likes this.

I say gooday eh
    K-C likes this.

Welcome!! Name:  hi.gif
Views: 103
Size:  1.2 KB

Now if I could only get Bravo to start reloading 5.7...............................
    K-C likes this.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Welcome!
    You're off to a good start!

Merlin, I've been "prodded" to do exactly that. Go figure, the guy that makes 1600 to 2400 yard shots look easy wants to push me into loading 5.7 for him too.

He was the guy that talked me into having my wife try a PS90. She likes it. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm loading 5.7 for her next year - and she has a SBR.
    Merlin and K-C like this.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

You know she would look good with one.

Yet another Canadian...-500px-sg1_-_s9ep14p90.jpg

BTW, I'm saving my brass.
    wombat338 likes this.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

HA!
    She's got nerve damage in her left arm, so keeping the left arm extended to support a fore-end isn't easy for her. Well, not for long anyways.
    That PS90 has all the weight between the right hand and the shoulder, so she could run it without the left hand if needed. That's the "draw". Besides, the lack of recoil is some good juju.

From what I understand, loading that leeeetle beeeety casing is a bit of a challenge - there's supposed to be a learning curve to it. I don't mind learning though, actually that's one of the things I really dig about all this. So when I get it going, we can do a "mail the components off, receive the ammo back" program ;-)
    Merlin likes this.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Welcome, K-C!
    K-C likes this.
    “Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” -- James Madison

welcome, I hope you enjoy your stay.
    K-C likes this.
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

Eh!! From the west
    K-C likes this.

Sponsors