Another Canadian
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Bravo
  • 1 Post By xdmer

Thread: Another Canadian

Another Canadian

Hey guys, I use to have an XCR Gen 2 from a few years ago with enhanced trigger. I sold it off because it weighted way too much with its quad rails and heavy profile barrel @18.5" that we need up here for Non Restricted status. Last week I picked up a new XCR-M Keymod in 308 and I'm looking at getting a XCR-L in 7.62x39 with an additional dedicated upper in 223/556. ( or would you recommend just a barrel conversion? our CAD dollar sucks at the moment and these guns aren't cheap) .... I'm thinking light weight barrel profiles but the distributor is trying to convince me to use a heavy barrel - and since I've not had hands on for barrel comparison the weight vs accuracy question comes up. I've read a lot threads here so far, and lots more to continue reading on these.

Weight: heavy barrel is heavier.
    Accuracy: I can't see the difference.
    With my light barrel (and a 2 MOA Aimpoint), I shot a qualification score high into the expert range. Didn't top out the qual, but did close enough that it raised eyebrows.
    Everyone has opinions, but mine is that a heavy barrel just adds weight.
    As far as being concerned about heating, I ran 390 rounds though mine as fast as I could squeeze the trigger...... did it get hot? Yup. Still shot.
    Sean K. likes this.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    Weight: heavy barrel is heavier.
    Accuracy: I can't see the difference.
    With my light barrel (and a 2 MOA Aimpoint), I shot a qualification score high into the expert range. Didn't top out the qual, but did close enough that it raised eyebrows.
    Everyone has opinions, but mine is that a heavy barrel just adds weight.
    As far as being concerned about heating, I ran 390 rounds though mine as fast as I could squeeze the trigger...... did it get hot? Yup. Still shot.
    I'm with Bravo....lighter is better.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys what I've been seeing and hearing, light is what I want. (dealers always try and sell what's on hand =)
    Bravo likes this.

Figured I would post a crappy cell pic here. The 7.62x39 upper is a few weeks away from getting into the country, 6.8 SPC conversion will be in the mail soon. The XCR-M in 308 has a Weaver Tactical 3-15x50 mounted and the XCR-L in 556 has an ELCAN Specter OS3 Marksmen model. Swapped my grips out for BCM Mod 0 and put keymod bcm vg on there in case it starts to heat up a little too much.

Another Canadian-xcrs.jpg

Sponsors