Which part of the XCR is legally considered the firearm? - Page 2
Like Tree2Likes
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which part of the XCR is legally considered the firearm?

Quote Originally Posted by sprint View Post
    Nope.

In Canada, the XCR registered part is the receiver as well. Not surprising, because it is the only serialized part of the firearm.

Since the XCR is not prescribed in an Order in Council as restricted or prohibited by name ( a retarded gun law, but aren't they all) the standard rules apply:

Center-fire, semi-automatic firearms with barrels 18.5" or less are classified as restricted.
    The chambering of the firearm is actually irrelevant
    Ah, so you're x39 barrel is < 18.5 and your .556 is most likely an 18.6?
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

For anyone not knowing why non-restricted is important:

Restricted firearms must be registered, require another bureaucratic layer to transport (an ATT), must be stored double locked unless in a "safe" and transported the same way, and can only transported directly to and fired on a licenced and approved range.

Non-Restricted firearms can be left in the trunk or your car, just as long as there isn't a loaded magazine inserted, and can be fired anywhere it is safe/legal to do so. They also do not require registration to be legal.
    Merlin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by acco View Post
    For anyone not knowing why non-restricted is important:

Restricted firearms must be registered, require another bureaucratic layer to transport (an ATT), must be stored double locked unless in a "safe" and transported the same way, and can only transported directly to and fired on a licenced and approved range.

Non-Restricted firearms can be left in the trunk or your car, just as long as there isn't a loaded magazine inserted, and can be fired anywhere it is safe/legal to do so. They also do not require registration to be legal.
    So you can't even take a 'restricted' rifle to vast Canadian Rockies to shoot it. That's fucked up. Too bad our countrymen lack the balls to get these bullshit laws repealed.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TexasChris View Post
    Could someone explain this to me?
    The manufacrurer designates one part of the firearm as the actual firearm and all the other parts are considered accessories.

It is not irrelevant. We do have some prohibited calibers in Canada.
    Last edited by Jay; 03-13-2016 at 09:20 PM. Reason: wanted to add the quote to the post as rferral

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Have you tried downloading the 30 rounders to 25 and 20 rounds?

Just a suggestion, until you can convert.
    Tried it all. I communicated with Alex Robinson lately and he sais that the c products are the only 100% reliable magazines out there. He also mentionned that it is the new ones that are good and the old ones are not. Apparently the company has changed owners and so has the quality. He also wants me to send him the upper to fix the light primer strike problem. I have a 2014 and I guess they have troubles with light primer strikes. Great service from Alex so far. Very polite and quick to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasChris View Post
    Ah, thanks guys.

Why is the x39 restricted and the .556 gtg?
    The restriction is only on the barrel length. All SBR's are restricted. There are exceptions with shot guns. Shotguns are guaged by overall length

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Tried it all. I communicated with Alex Robinson lately and he sais that the c products are the only 100% reliable magazines out there. He also mentionned that it is the new ones that are good and the old ones are not. Apparently the company has changed owners and so has the quality. He also wants me to send him the upper to fix the light primer strike problem. I have a 2014 and I guess they have troubles with light primer strikes. Great service from Alex so far. Very polite and quick to answer.
    I have 20 ASCs that run 100%....but both companies have produced their share of bad batches.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    The restriction is only on the barrel length. All SBR's are restricted. There are exceptions with shot guns. Shotguns are guaged by overall length
    This is not entirely correct. Semi-automatic firearms (including shotguns) have both barrel length AND overall length restrictions. Manually operated shotguns only have an overall length restriction. SBR is an American term which does not exist in Canadian regulations.

Restricted firearms include:

• handguns that are not prohibited;
    • semi-automatic, centre-fire rifles and shotguns with a barrel shorter than 470 mm;
    • rifles and shotguns that can be fired when their overall length has been reduced by folding, telescoping or other means to less than 660 mm; and
    • firearms restricted by Criminal Code Regulations.

470mm = 18.5 inches (all non-restricted XCRs in Canada have 18.6" barrels)
    660mm = 25.9 inches

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    So you can't even take a 'restricted' rifle to vast Canadian Rockies to shoot it. That's fucked up. Too bad our countrymen lack the balls to get these bullshit laws repealed.
    Sean, has nothing to do with lack of balls. Just like you yanks it's all about lobby power. Unfortunately its the urbanite libtards who have never held a firearm in their lives, that seem to sway the 'law of the land'. As for countrymen.... didn't know we (Canada) were a state.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsors