Which part of the XCR is legally considered the firearm?
Like Tree2Likes
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which part of the XCR is legally considered the firearm?

Which part of the XCR is legally considered the firearm?

Who knows wich part of the XCR is considered the firearm? I have the restricted 7.62x39 and would like to make it a non restricted .223. Why you might ask? Because the 7.62 mags suck ass. It is a 3000$ unreliable piece of crap in my mind. Don't get me wrong. I love the platform. I just can not trust my life to it because it fails to often.

In the US it's the serialized part, the lower receiver.
    Merlin likes this.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Could someone explain this to me?
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TexasChris View Post
    Could someone explain this to me?
    In an HK MP5, 89 etc it is the 'upper' that is the serialized part. I guess each manufacturer has placed their serial number in different places but the ATF Always considers the serialized part the firearm.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    In an HK MP5, 89 etc it is the 'upper' that is the serialized part. I guess each manufacturer has placed their serial number in different places but the ATF Always considers the serialized part the firearm.
    Ya, in the ACR for example...the upper is the "firearm" according to ATF regs.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Who knows wich part of the XCR is considered the firearm? I have the restricted 7.62x39 and would like to make it a non restricted .223. Why you might ask? Because the 7.62 mags suck ass. It is a 3000$ unreliable piece of crap in my mind. Don't get me wrong. I love the platform. I just can not trust my life to it because it fails to often.
    Have you tried downloading the 30 rounders to 25 and 20 rounds?

Just a suggestion, until you can convert.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Ah, thanks guys.

Why is the x39 restricted and the .556 gtg?
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Must be a Canadian thing....

Nope.

In Canada, the XCR registered part is the receiver as well. Not surprising, because it is the only serialized part of the firearm.

Since the XCR is not prescribed in an Order in Council as restricted or prohibited by name ( a retarded gun law, but aren't they all) the standard rules apply:

Center-fire, semi-automatic firearms with barrels 18.5" or less are classified as restricted.
    The chambering of the firearm is actually irrelevant

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post

Rereading your post...

The shortest path to accomplishing what you want is via trade. Try Canadiangunnutz.com or one of the other various sites here.

I own both the XCR-L and the XCR Mini The 18.6" barreled XCR-L upper is actually interchangeable with my 10" barreled XCR-min lower. And vice versai. Because the barrel length of the mini falls under the standard required by law, the lower receiver is classified as restricted despite the comical ability to freely interchange uppers.

The importers, who did not write these stupid legal codes but need to stay in business, will NOT sell you a shorter barrel/upper under any condition. They do this to protect not only their continued sales, but the customers who have bought RA products and do not want to see some creeping legislation closing an otherwise non-existent loophole.

Keep your mini. Buy a non-restricted version next. Shoot both and enjoy the best of both worlds.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors