XCR Forum banner

Which part of the XCR is legally considered the firearm?

4K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Sean K. 
#1 ·
Who knows wich part of the XCR is considered the firearm? I have the restricted 7.62x39 and would like to make it a non restricted .223. Why you might ask? Because the 7.62 mags suck ass. It is a 3000$ unreliable piece of crap in my mind. Don't get me wrong. I love the platform. I just can not trust my life to it because it fails to often.

#4 ·
In an HK MP5, 89 etc it is the 'upper' that is the serialized part. I guess each manufacturer has placed their serial number in different places but the ATF Always considers the serialized part the firearm.

#16 ·
Tried it all. I communicated with Alex Robinson lately and he sais that the c products are the only 100% reliable magazines out there. He also mentionned that it is the new ones that are good and the old ones are not. Apparently the company has changed owners and so has the quality. He also wants me to send him the upper to fix the light primer strike problem. I have a 2014 and I guess they have troubles with light primer strikes. Great service from Alex so far. Very polite and quick to answer.

#9 ·
Nope.

In Canada, the XCR registered part is the receiver as well. Not surprising, because it is the only serialized part of the firearm.

Since the XCR is not prescribed in an Order in Council as restricted or prohibited by name ( a retarded gun law, but aren't they all) the standard rules apply:

Center-fire, semi-automatic firearms with barrels 18.5" or less are classified as restricted.
The chambering of the firearm is actually irrelevant

#10 ·
Rereading your post...

The shortest path to accomplishing what you want is via trade. Try Canadiangunnutz.com or one of the other various sites here.

I own both the XCR-L and the XCR Mini The 18.6" barreled XCR-L upper is actually interchangeable with my 10" barreled XCR-min lower. And vice versai. Because the barrel length of the mini falls under the standard required by law, the lower receiver is classified as restricted despite the comical ability to freely interchange uppers.

The importers, who did not write these stupid legal codes but need to stay in business, will NOT sell you a shorter barrel/upper under any condition. They do this to protect not only their continued sales, but the customers who have bought RA products and do not want to see some creeping legislation closing an otherwise non-existent loophole.

Keep your mini. Buy a non-restricted version next. Shoot both and enjoy the best of both worlds.

#12 ·
For anyone not knowing why non-restricted is important:

Restricted firearms must be registered, require another bureaucratic layer to transport (an ATT), must be stored double locked unless in a "safe" and transported the same way, and can only transported directly to and fired on a licenced and approved range.

Non-Restricted firearms can be left in the trunk or your car, just as long as there isn't a loaded magazine inserted, and can be fired anywhere it is safe/legal to do so. They also do not require registration to be legal.

#13 ·
So you can't even take a 'restricted' rifle to vast Canadian Rockies to shoot it. That's fucked up. Too bad our countrymen lack the balls to get these bullshit laws repealed. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.