New XCR-L Keymod owner living behind enemy lines Kalifornia. - Page 2
Like Tree21Likes
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New XCR-L Keymod owner living behind enemy lines Kalifornia.

Quote Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
    Luckily the "sale" price came out to $1900, online I've only found them between $2k - $2900 for the same model. Also didnt have to deal with waiting for shipping, finding someone to ship it Ca compliant, and added transfer fees. So no real loss other then doing the paper work through them which turned out to be pleasant considering all the hate they normally get.

I've dealt with my fair share of turd burglar employees at rifle gear as well that have really chapped my ass on several occasions.

Anyways we're all on the same team. Can't wait to bring it home. As Tom Petty said "the waiting is the hardest part"
    Yah I remember seeing it listed for that much on their weekly deals circular. I think they only had one in stock in their entire network and was looking to move it. At that price, it's not too far off from other dealers. If you haven't gathered, Gramps96Kz (Kermit in Idaho) and Navalbeaver (Nate in FL) are both authorized dealers. When you are ready for caliber kits and spare parts, definitely hit those guys up.

I've done most of my FFL required business through OC Armory. Not the lowest rates, but they are a small family shop and treat customers with respect. For that, I am happy to give them business.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Ive actually already been in touch with navalbeaver about conversion kits. Once my 10 day wait is up and i get the rifle I can confirm all the specs for him so he can get me the right parts. I still gotta do my research and reading up on this rifle. Im still new to this entire platform.

First plans are to upgrade the muzzle device since the one thats on it is a bit ridiculous like its 50bmg styling. Optic/sights. I have a spare aimpoint pro that i don't use that may be decent. Then order a standard ambi mag release for out of state use. And lastly get a conversion kit for fun. Leaning torwards the x39 kit. I don't reload, so 300blk is kinda pointless. x39 ammo is still cheap and plentiful, 10 rounders shouldn't give me feeding grief since the rounds don't reach the curve of the magazine like all the issues I've read about using 30rnd AR 7.62x39 mags
    Last edited by TK421; 07-13-2016 at 10:52 PM.

I'd say go for the x39 if you want a conversion and stock up on ammo in case that November ballot passes (it probably will). Still can buy ammo then, but it will probably be more expensive and more difficult. 10 or 20 round mags shouldn't be a problem with x39. A good number of people have had trouble getting 30 rounders to feed reliably. Once the new law goes into effect and you register it as a AW, the standard and ambi mag release would be good to go in or out of state. If you don't intend to register, you'll have to go featureless—which can be tricky as you'll have to figure a way to pin the stock so that it isn't collapsable.

Don't expect AR accuracy. 100 yard groups tend to be bigger, but still within a paper plate. Ballpark 2 MOA is normal, I think? Some have gotten lucky and got AR-like accuracy. It's built like a tank, chucks brass with authority and doesn't mind being dirty. Other than that, there is really nothing out of the ordinary compared to other modern rifles.
    Last edited by fmunk; 07-14-2016 at 12:34 AM.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Ya im familiar with all the laws of featureless and what's going on.. I've been on calguns since 07 (different user name) and now watching all the chaos unfold and confused people making duplicate threads daily freaking out about the new laws etc lol. I'll probably only register a couple rifles that I like to shoot. Keep the rest locked away and see where life ends up at. That way I can still enjoy them in the current configuration since I'm not much a fan of featureless. My AK had a grip wrap and I couldn't get used to it. Also my parents have a weekend house in AZ, so all my ammo purchases and usually many other things are done out there since I frequent drive out.
    Last edited by TK421; 07-14-2016 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    Yup. If you can make a comfortable living elsewhere, come visit but don't think about living here. No brainer, really. Just look at the cost of living. You could be living right next door to a Chevron refinery (which I did for a number of years) and still pay over 50% more for gas than the rest of the country.

Want to buy a house here? LOL. Only if you think a small 2 bedroom condo for $370,000 (and rising) is reasonable.
    I hear you there....the Wife's Mom lives in SoCal...near DiamondBar...house is valued at over $1M....same house here *might* hit $350K. Her Brother lives up in Burlingame in SF....900 squ. ft. shack built in the 1950's was $600K when they bought it 12+ years ago....put $300K into it to bring the square footage up to like 1200. And they bought a cabin up in Napa....no idea on what that cost but it's gotta be a pretty penny.

I won't even visit CA now. I carried the last few times I went probably 6-7 years ago....now, I just don't think it's worth the ramifications of getting pulled over an not be following CA's stupid ass, ridiculous gun laws for transport. Might as well be carrying a club.
    Bravo likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Ditto for me.
    Last time I was in the PRK was for Younger Brother's wedding - and I wouldn't have gone for anything less.
    I carried when I wasn't on base (the wedding was on the beach, on base), although I did 'mitigate my liabilities' and left the G17 at home favoring the old S&W 691 instead.
    I figured that I didn't need the hassle of what might come from a standard-cap mag on the off-chance I was found out, and the fact the casings wouldn't be ejected automatically from the 681 might come into play as a benefit rather than a liability. But I was always concerned.
    Do I have any reason to venture back into the PRK? Well, Younger Brother is on wife #2, and retiring from the Navy in the next year and some. I pray that his wife stays with him and vice versa, but if there's a #3, he can have that wedding in a 'much more free' state. So no, I have no desire or reason to venture back into the PRK.
    At least not that I can see.
    Maybe if you guys get invaded by a hostile foreign force. I'd feel compelled to assist in driving them off our soil, even as 'contaminated' as it is.
    Sean K. likes this.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    Ditto for me.
    Last time I was in the PRK was for Younger Brother's wedding - and I wouldn't have gone for anything less.
    I carried when I wasn't on base (the wedding was on the beach, on base), although I did 'mitigate my liabilities' and left the G17 at home favoring the old S&W 691 instead.
    I figured that I didn't need the hassle of what might come from a standard-cap mag on the off-chance I was found out, and the fact the casings wouldn't be ejected automatically from the 681 might come into play as a benefit rather than a liability. But I was always concerned.
    Do I have any reason to venture back into the PRK? Well, Younger Brother is on wife #2, and retiring from the Navy in the next year and some. I pray that his wife stays with him and vice versa, but if there's a #3, he can have that wedding in a 'much more free' state. So no, I have no desire or reason to venture back into the PRK.
    At least not that I can see.
    Maybe if you guys get invaded by a hostile foreign force. I'd feel compelled to assist in driving them off our soil, even as 'contaminated' as it is.

Smart thinking on the wheel gun.
    Bravo likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Okay...long story....but I'll try and make it short: Why are Glock Gen 4 guns banned from CA? Just saw it on their website. 1st question at the top: https://us.glock.com/customer-service/faq

Because they are the Most Evil 'assault weapon' used? .........................................Name:  2double-gun.gif
Views: 52
Size:  1.1 KB

Don't mind me, just being cynical and sarcastic.Name:  iam-sorry.gif
Views: 61
Size:  1.7 KB
    Last edited by Merlin; 07-14-2016 at 09:33 PM.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

So that link took me to the PRK DOJ website.
    I thought about filing a report of a crime, but I figured that since I'm not a citizen of the PRK, they probably wouldn't investigate the report of Civil Rights violations by the PRK attorney general.
    What's the upshot?
    I did a search for Glock on their site, didn't find anything useful.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsors