New XCR-L Keymod owner living behind enemy lines Kalifornia.
Like Tree21Likes
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New XCR-L Keymod owner living behind enemy lines Kalifornia.

New XCR-L Keymod owner living behind enemy lines Kalifornia.

Hey there! New XCR owner here out of Southern Ca. After seeing these things over the years I noticed my local gun shop got only a couple new 556 Keymod XCR-Ls in tungsten gray in. Never seen them ever at any shops since they came out years ago so I jumped on it. Ive got enough ARs to last me several lifetimes, so figured ide get something different not a lot of people have.

Planning on getting a caliber conversion for fun since it's such an easy swap.

Once my stupid 10 day wait is up I can go get my rifle and start playing with it and learning about it. (8 more days )

See ya around
    -Josh
    Merlin likes this.

Welcome!

Sorry about your choice of residence. At the moment, I'm starting to think we all need to move to Utah!
    Merlin likes this.
    "Don't Tread On Me!"
    -- (reiterated without permission) Rich Hornay

Ya ide love to move one day. Born and raised here. Maybe I'll hit the lotto. My entire family and wife's family all live local and the family business is here. Life is good for the most part, so it's hard to change your entire life just because stupid gun laws.

Speaking of Utah, just renewed my Utah ccw online ha.
    Merlin and Mechanic like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
    Ya ide love to move one day. Born and raised here. Maybe I'll hit the lotto. My entire family and wife's family all live local and the family business is here. Life is good for the most part, so it's hard to change your entire life just because stupid gun laws.

Speaking of Utah, just renewed my Utah ccw online ha.

More than just stupid gun laws that's wrong with CA.
    Merlin, Bravo and Mechanic like this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
    Hey there! New XCR owner here out of Southern Ca...
    Welcome. OC resident here too. Most people here in CA don't even know what the XCR is. If it's not in a video game, "what?" I've noticed that Turners have started advertising keymod -Ls. That's not where you got yours, I hope?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    More than just stupid gun laws that's wrong with CA.
    Oh c'mon, Sean. The earthquakes aren't that scary.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    Welcome. OC resident here too. Most people here in CA don't even know what the XCR is. If it's not in a video game, "what?" I've noticed that Turners have started advertising keymod -Ls. That's not where you got yours, I hope?

Ha. Actually ya. I don't ever shop at turners (Orange location is full of idiots). But I bought a early mint Gen 1 IWI baby eagle via PPT from a guy on Calguns, and his choice gun shop to do the transfer was turners in Norwalk. Actually was the only decent turners I've ever stepped foot in with decent knowledgable staff. They only got 1 xcr at thier location and I was already there doing a dros so figured why not?
    Last edited by TK421; 07-12-2016 at 11:12 PM.

I'm not not terribly fond of Turners. Any location. The prices are ridiculous. Mark up 30%, then reduce by 5% and call it a sale. The panic buying spree is already happening. People who don't normally buy ARs or have never bought one are getting in on the action. I stopped by Rifle Gear (not a fan either) on the way home from work today just for the hell of it and they've sold out of all lowers. Idiots. They do nothing about their rights until threat of losing it all.
    Last edited by fmunk; 07-13-2016 at 03:02 AM.

Luckily the "sale" price came out to $1900, online I've only found them between $2k - $2900 for the same model. Also didnt have to deal with waiting for shipping, finding someone to ship it Ca compliant, and added transfer fees. So no real loss other then doing the paper work through them which turned out to be pleasant considering all the hate they normally get.

I've dealt with my fair share of turd burglar employees at rifle gear as well that have really chapped my ass on several occasions.

Anyways we're all on the same team. Can't wait to bring it home. As Tom Petty said "the waiting is the hardest part"
    Last edited by TK421; 07-13-2016 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post

Nope...and once you've lived there a while, you don't even notice them.

It's a shame about CA....one of the most beautiful stretches of mountains and forests in the world, IMO....not to mention the beaches and great weather. Too bad it's chock full of statist assholes.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Nope...and once you've lived there a while, you don't even notice them.

It's a shame about CA....one of the most beautiful stretches of mountains and forests in the world, IMO....not to mention the beaches and great weather. Too bad it's chock full of statist assholes.

Yup. If you can make a comfortable living elsewhere, come visit but don't think about living here. No brainer, really. Just look at the cost of living. You could be living right next door to a Chevron refinery (which I did for a number of years) and still pay over 50% more for gas than the rest of the country.

Want to buy a house here? LOL. Only if you think a small 2 bedroom condo for $370,000 (and rising) is reasonable.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors